IoD keen motes

can we get an increased drop on keen motes in island of dawn , it just makes life easier when trying to farm bams.

Comments

• voidyvoidy ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    The thing you're asking for would make everyone's lives easier and there's virtually no downside. Anyone who doesn't like it can simply not pick up keen motes. However, because we're in these forums, you can rest assured that even a simple request like yours will be met with morally outraged objections from people with nothing better to do than argue for argument's sake. Have fun and enjoy your thread!

edit: See, see, I was right.
  • NopiNopi ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm starting to feel someone at EME management thinks making a longer grind at even the most boring of content is best for.... something. No idea what that something is. IoD is already very old content that does not really give anything interesting to players. So it would be fair in my opinion to make whatever is needed to make it take less time. Too many players I've talked to would prefer to have an extra dungeon entry or two instead of being forced to farm IoD nonstop. Killing a bunch of large monsters that are just.... large, and pose no threat at all, for so damned long, can take a toll on someone's enjoyment of the game.
  • voidy wrote: »
    The thing you're asking for would make everyone's lives easier and there's virtually no downside. Anyone who doesn't like it can simply not pick up keen motes. However, because we're in these forums, you can rest assured that even a simple request like yours will be met with morally outraged objections from people with nothing better to do than argue for argument's sake. Have fun and enjoy your thread!

haha hopefully eme can pick up on this tbh , and that it doesn't come to negative comments that are not needed ^^
    thanks for the input
  • Nopi wrote: »
    I'm starting to feel someone at EME management thinks making a longer grind at even the most boring of content is best for.... something. No idea what that something is. IoD is already very old content that does not really give anything interesting to players. So it would be fair in my opinion to make whatever is needed to make it take less time. Too many players I've talked to would prefer to have an extra dungeon entry or two instead of being forced to farm IoD nonstop. Killing a bunch of large monsters that are just.... large, and pose no threat at all, for so damned long, can take a toll on someone's enjoyment of the game.

that does kinda make sense i guess but it is what it is , iod is already a part of us *.*
  • DvsvDvsv ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    voidy wrote: »
    Prob someone gonna cry here how perma "keen motes" on IOD will make grinding too easy hahaha!
    For me, they can put perma triple drop and keen motes and i'll still think IOD farming is one of these thing that make this game a real chore to play...
    Nopi wrote: »
    I'm starting to feel someone at EME management thinks making a longer grind at even the most boring of content is best for.... something. .
    It's good for EMP sales cuz whenever they put way too much grind in the game it make the p2w route (i.e: selling EMP for gold and buying everything in TB) way more atractive, they know that almost nobody can farm talents in IOD 6 Hrs/day.
    If you think about it the opportunity cost from someone gearing in BIS the "free way" nowadays is WAY greater that the monetary cost of the p2w route..
  • can we get an increased bams spawn rate in island of dawn , it just makes life easier when trying to farm bams.
  • NopiNopi ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    Dvsv wrote: »
    It's good for EMP sales cuz whenever they put way too much grind in the game it make the p2w route (i.e: selling EMP for gold and buying everything in TB) way more atractive, they know that almost nobody can farm talents in IOD 6 Hrs/day.
    If you think about it the opportunity cost from someone gearing in BIS the "free way" nowadays is WAY greater that the monetary cost of the p2w route..
    Going the p2w way is a very short term solution. As a company, it crumbles quick enough, since they eventually lose the trust of the playerbase. So yeah, if EME's intention is to grab some cash now and disband next year, never to be heard of again, then they should p2w all the way. If they want and semblance of staying as a long term company, then p2w would be the worst direction to take.

Anyway. I'm derailing. This thread is about supporting at least a faster IoD farming, if that mode is here to stay...
  • P2WP2W ✭✭✭
    Galadthas wrote: »
    can we get an increased drop on keen motes in island of dawn , it just makes life easier when trying to farm bams.

Plenty of motes on EU. :)
    KUZOoCf.jpg

Dvsv wrote: »
    voidy wrote: »
    Prob someone gonna cry here how perma "keen motes" on IOD will make grinding too easy hahaha!
    For me, they can put perma triple drop and keen motes and i'll still think IOD farming is one of these thing that make this game a real chore to play...
    Nopi wrote: »
    I'm starting to feel someone at EME management thinks making a longer grind at even the most boring of content is best for.... something. .

Even with keen motes dropping everywhere, you rarely see too many people farming IOD on EU. Why? Because farming IOD isn't the best way to get talents there. You can get them from Elleons Marks. 100 Marks now give 120 gold talents and 30 silver talents.
  • P2W wrote: »
    Galadthas wrote: »

Plenty of motes on EU. :)
    KUZOoCf.jpg

:(
  • i guess the post is gonna just fade away ._.
    feelsbadman
  • It is important to get more keen motes but it is even more important to get more channels since players simply grief each other for a few bams because they do not have enough channels.

I am impressed how much grief can be caused when there are not enough channels for a popular area ( many times i had to simply leave the area and come back later just to get the same experience because the lack of channels ).

But i guess that this is another BHS does not allow to add more channels thing..
  • HLK76PFWXT wrote: »
    It is important to get more keen motes but it is even more important to get more channels since players simply grief each other for a few bams because they do not have enough channels.

I am impressed how much grief can be caused when there are not enough channels for a popular area ( many times i had to simply leave the area and come back later just to get the same experience because the lack of channels ).

But i guess that this is another BHS does not allow to add more channels thing..

i guess thats also an issue when theres double drop events but thankfully theres 3 type of bams for each tier haha
    hopefully the motes can be increased , and i wouldn't mind extra channels but thats probably askin too much
  • How about making it party related so everyone gets the kill. The way it is now feels anti-priest friendly and why i avoid iod. I useally farm it with my friend and the kills rotate between us. Even with keen motes and a dps setup for priest its still slow as hell till i have edict of judgment up and even then i can only burst 2 bams every 2 mins.
  • YamazukiYamazuki ✭✭✭✭✭
    How about making it party related so everyone gets the kill. The way it is now feels anti-priest friendly and why i avoid iod. I useally farm it with my friend and the kills rotate between us. Even with keen motes and a dps setup for priest its still slow as hell till i have edict of judgment up and even then i can only burst 2 bams every 2 mins.

Rewards are balanced around soloing, if it was party oriented everyone would just take dps and kill their own anyways, either that or, increase the amount required. Either way, the results end up either neutral or negative.

If you use dps crystals+glyphs it shouldn't take you long to kill them solo though. Priest/Mystic has always been able to kill them quickly, even before their damage increases.
  • NopiNopi ✭✭✭✭✭
    How about making it party related so everyone gets the kill. The way it is now feels anti-priest friendly and why i avoid iod. I useally farm it with my friend and the kills rotate between us. Even with keen motes and a dps setup for priest its still slow as hell till i have edict of judgment up and even then i can only burst 2 bams every 2 mins.

Seen healers killing these things faster than most other DPS classes I see around. Sure, gear and knowledge of the class is the huge plus here, but at least I can tell you that doing IoD with a healer can still be done quite fast. I even tried it as a non awakened priest not long ago, and it wasn't a super slow thing. Slower than my DPS, yes, but not by much. I used a back crit setup just like my DPS, with the addition of priest buffs and debuffs.