gameforge's tera doing what you should have done a hundred times over

https://en.tera.gameforge.com/news/detail/event-forward-the-vanguard-5

"+100% experience points for killing monsters"

it's almost been an actual century since the last increased exp event

vanguard exp event doesn't count. since vanguard exp is super [filtered]
«1

Comments

  • That is not the real problem. The real problem is the gear xp issue all together or better yet RNG gearing system we have. This whole thing turned Tera into a gearing simulation, and I would rather quit than get dragged into a gearing driven game. When Tera was at it's beak gearing was extremely easy and that created a welcoming environment to all players casual and hardcore. Gear xp right now means nothing anyway, ppl yolo gear all the time. What BHS should do is remove the RNG gearing system and implement actual content that is fun. Increase drops of gear in dungeons by 300% more chances as I can see right now chances are 1 or two boxes a day drop in every server and I would like to see that increase to 6 or 7 boxes a day which would bring a needed relief to players who need a break from the constant grind for mats and xp. people should do content because it's fun not because they have to. That is the problem with Tera right now.
  • DvsvDvsv ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    TheDarkWan wrote: »
    That is not the real problem. The real problem is the gear xp issue all together or better yet RNG gearing system we have. This whole thing turned Tera into a gearing simulation, and I would rather quit than get dragged into a gearing driven game. When Tera was at it's beak gearing was extremely easy and that created a welcoming environment to all players casual and hardcore. Gear xp right now means nothing anyway, ppl yolo gear all the time. What BHS should do is remove the RNG gearing system and implement actual content that is fun. Increase drops of gear in dungeons by 300% more chances as I can see right now chances are 1 or two boxes a day drop in every server and I would like to see that increase to 6 or 7 boxes a day which would bring a needed relief to players who need a break from the constant grind for mats and xp. people should do content because it's fun not because they have to. That is the problem with Tera right now.
    .
    Tera always lacked real content so what they did? They turned the gearing into the main content of the game!
    They're so afraid of ppl "losing interest" after reaching BIS that they made an impossible grindy system that expect you to play everyday and never take a break cuz you gonna be left behind.
    Now, new players are so far behind vet players that they don't even bother with this game anymore, why lose so much time with useless guardian>twist>frost progression when 446 iLVL is the the bare minimum relevant gear? Why waste a stupid amount of time grinding full SC+7 just to reap VG rewards for a mid tier GLSNM dungeon?
    I wonder if by the next [filtered] HO+6 update they gonna ask full HO+0(i.e: 1000 golden talent per try!) for braindead mid-tier stuff.
    One of the reason why i enjoyed playing Tera aside the combat system is cuz gearing was kinda easy, i could always reach BIS on like ~3 month and this in fact made me play the game even more trying to learn and gear a new class!
    Now i don't ever touch alts anymore cuz it's almost impossible to reach BIS as a free player even on my main!

    Imho, if they really wanna make gearing extend the lifetime of the content they should focus more on optional gearing, idk, just copy the dual class system from Lineage 2 or something...
  • back in my day you could run everything with mid gear like Discovery. now you need full +8 to run glsnm
  • NopiNopi ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dvsv wrote: »
    They're so afraid of ppl "losing interest" after reaching BIS that they made an impossible grindy system that expect you to play everyday and never take a break cuz you gonna be left behind.
    Now, new players are so far behind vet players that they don't even bother with this game anymore, why lose so much time with useless guardian>twist>frost progression when 446 iLVL is the the bare minimum relevant gear? Why waste a stupid amount of time grinding full SC+7 just to reap VG rewards for a mid tier GLSNM dungeon?
    I wonder if by the next [filtered] HO+6 update they gonna ask full HO+0(i.e: 1000 golden talent per try!) for braindead mid-tier stuff.
    One of the reason why i enjoyed playing Tera aside the combat system is cuz gearing was kinda easy, i could always reach BIS on like ~3 month and this in fact made me play the game even more trying to learn and gear a new class!
    Now i don't ever touch alts anymore cuz it's almost impossible to reach BIS as a free player even on my main!

    Imho, if they really wanna make gearing extend the lifetime of the content they should focus more on optional gearing, idk, just copy the dual class system from Lineage 2 or something...

    Basically they switched from having players losing interest from having done all content, to players losing interest because they gave up the RNG. In the end, it's still players losing interest. So, nothing gained, a lot lost. The so called "skill based gameplay" has been dead for years.
  • YamazukiYamazuki ✭✭✭✭✭
    TheDarkWan wrote: »
    That is not the real problem. The real problem is the gear xp issue all together or better yet RNG gearing system we have. This whole thing turned Tera into a gearing simulation, and I would rather quit than get dragged into a gearing driven game. When Tera was at it's beak gearing was extremely easy and that created a welcoming environment to all players casual and hardcore. Gear xp right now means nothing anyway, ppl yolo gear all the time. What BHS should do is remove the RNG gearing system and implement actual content that is fun. Increase drops of gear in dungeons by 300% more chances as I can see right now chances are 1 or two boxes a day drop in every server and I would like to see that increase to 6 or 7 boxes a day which would bring a needed relief to players who need a break from the constant grind for mats and xp. people should do content because it's fun not because they have to. That is the problem with Tera right now.

    Tera has always been gear focused with a minority that obtained gear beyond mid tier, or participated in the instances beyond mid tier. BHS had even acknowledged this fact, since in KR people complained casuals couldn't get +15, much later came complaints about the i-level requirements for VGs; taking this into account, I'm not sure why they decided to update the system to something worse.
  • voidyvoidy ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dvsv wrote: »
    TheDarkWan wrote: »
    That is not the real problem. The real problem is the gear xp issue all together or better yet RNG gearing system we have. This whole thing turned Tera into a gearing simulation, and I would rather quit than get dragged into a gearing driven game. When Tera was at it's beak gearing was extremely easy and that created a welcoming environment to all players casual and hardcore. Gear xp right now means nothing anyway, ppl yolo gear all the time. What BHS should do is remove the RNG gearing system and implement actual content that is fun. Increase drops of gear in dungeons by 300% more chances as I can see right now chances are 1 or two boxes a day drop in every server and I would like to see that increase to 6 or 7 boxes a day which would bring a needed relief to players who need a break from the constant grind for mats and xp. people should do content because it's fun not because they have to. That is the problem with Tera right now.
    .
    Tera always lacked real content so what they did? They turned the gearing into the main content of the game!
    They're so afraid of ppl "losing interest" after reaching BIS that they made an impossible grindy system that expect you to play everyday and never take a break cuz you gonna be left behind.
    Now, new players are so far behind vet players that they don't even bother with this game anymore, why lose so much time with useless guardian>twist>frost progression when 446 iLVL is the the bare minimum relevant gear? Why waste a stupid amount of time grinding full SC+7 just to reap VG rewards for a mid tier GLSNM dungeon?
    I wonder if by the next [filtered] HO+6 update they gonna ask full HO+0(i.e: 1000 golden talent per try!) for braindead mid-tier stuff.
    One of the reason why i enjoyed playing Tera aside the combat system is cuz gearing was kinda easy, i could always reach BIS on like ~3 month and this in fact made me play the game even more trying to learn and gear a new class!
    Now i don't ever touch alts anymore cuz it's almost impossible to reach BIS as a free player even on my main!

    Imho, if they really wanna make gearing extend the lifetime of the content they should focus more on optional gearing, idk, just copy the dual class system from Lineage 2 or something...

    This guy has a really good point, honestly. The entire gearing system could be fixed if you just made it so that maxed out item xp represented a 100% success rate. Only actual gambling addicts enjoy the "rush" of failing seven times in a row and wasting a week's worth of progress on a rigged piece of [filtered] system. Everyone else hates it and quits. Just saying. Gameforge's event definitely alleviated the problem somewhat, but at the end of the day BHS should realize that if it's selling to an international market, it should cater to different tastes depending on the region. Western players don't like spending a week+ gathering materials only to not advance at all because of some arbitrary unluckiness. I don't imagine Eastern players like it much either, but I can't say for sure.

    tldr this [filtered] is stupid as [filtered] and I'm honestly just venting since there's no way EME are gonna be the ones to fix this busted system.
  • I don't get it. What so good about that event?
  • TYoung11TYoung11 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    The "100% Experience points" is for the EP/Talent system. The base is 10 points for bams, so the event gives 20 (which is pretty worthless imo...). It has nothing to do with item experience. Besides that, EME actually does do item experience events, it's all this week... That being said, I agree the gearing system is currently rubbish. The fact that low tier, boring/mind numbing, vanguards are the most profitable for farming is wrong in so many ways...

    Each tier should be more, or at least equally rewarding.

    >>>Talent/EP system info>>> https://docs.google.com/document/d/16wuje8nV7yYd0y2gq3oVFbjpR2Ulx4SQRWQQkK-LVrs/edit <<<
  • voidyvoidy ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't get it. What so good about that event?
    Probably that you get double the money for running dungeons.

    I do sort of wonder why Gameforge gets more freedom than Enmasse in terms of content development. I understand that EME is owned by Bluehole, but that shouldn't gimp them this hard, right? For example, earlier today Gameforge unveiled their plans for a EU-specific dungeon that can have up to 30 people in it, and I'm left wondering why EME, who is supposed to be super close with the actual Korean dev team, hasn't gotten anything similar in over a year. The last thing we got in terms of custom dungeon content was sky cruiser extreme, and that's really too bad in my opinion. Just feels like it should be the other way around, where the publisher being funded by the parent company gets more resources than some independent publisher operating in Europe somewhere, but whatevs.

    None of this is meant to disparage anyone's efforts, since it's obvious that EME has been trying to get people back into the game lately. I just lie awake at night wondering about this sometimes.
  • HLK76PFWXTHLK76PFWXT ✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    voidy wrote: »
    I don't get it. What so good about that event?
    Probably that you get double the money for running dungeons.

    I do sort of wonder why Gameforge gets more freedom than Enmasse in terms of content development. I understand that EME is owned by Bluehole, but that shouldn't gimp them this hard, right? For example, earlier today Gameforge unveiled their plans for a EU-specific dungeon that can have up to 30 people in it, and I'm left wondering why EME, who is supposed to be super close with the actual Korean dev team, hasn't gotten anything similar in over a year. The last thing we got in terms of custom dungeon content was sky cruiser extreme, and that's really too bad in my opinion. Just feels like it should be the other way around, where the publisher being funded by the parent company gets more resources than some independent publisher operating in Europe somewhere, but whatevs.

    None of this is meant to disparage anyone's efforts, since it's obvious that EME has been trying to get people back into the game lately. I just lie awake at night wondering about this sometimes.

    business model
    noun
    noun: business model; plural noun: business models

    a plan for the successful operation of a business, identifying sources of revenue, the intended customer base, products, and details of
    financing.



    This sounds crazy but it might be more profitable to take care of both the PC and Console versions in a moderate way than actually focus and polish only one of them.
  • DL7MMWLJ3WDL7MMWLJ3W ✭✭✭✭
    voidy wrote: »
    I do sort of wonder why Gameforge gets more freedom than Enmasse in terms of content development. I understand that EME is owned by Bluehole, but that shouldn't gimp them this hard, right?
    More like EME doesn't want to do anything while earning money from some of their playerbase that are continue to feed them money with overpriced smartboxes

  • DL7MMWLJ3W wrote: »
    voidy wrote: »
    I do sort of wonder why Gameforge gets more freedom than Enmasse in terms of content development. I understand that EME is owned by Bluehole, but that shouldn't gimp them this hard, right?
    More like EME doesn't want to do anything while earning money from some of their playerbase that are continue to feed them money with overpriced smartboxes

    you mean gambling boxes?
  • edited December 2018
    voidy wrote: »
    I don't get it. What so good about that event?
    Probably that you get double the money for running dungeons.

    I do sort of wonder why Gameforge gets more freedom than Enmasse in terms of content development. I understand that EME is owned by Bluehole, but that shouldn't gimp them this hard, right? For example, earlier today Gameforge unveiled their plans for a EU-specific dungeon that can have up to 30 people in it, and I'm left wondering why EME, who is supposed to be super close with the actual Korean dev team, hasn't gotten anything similar in over a year. The last thing we got in terms of custom dungeon content was sky cruiser extreme, and that's really too bad in my opinion. Just feels like it should be the other way around, where the publisher being funded by the parent company gets more resources than some independent publisher operating in Europe somewhere, but whatevs.

    None of this is meant to disparage anyone's efforts, since it's obvious that EME has been trying to get people back into the game lately. I just lie awake at night wondering about this sometimes.

    I discussed this in another thread recently, but I don't think it has anything to with freedom, just budget and priorities. Gameforge has staff who can create their own content and invests their own resources to do that (and so adjusted the whole game balance to make it so more people can participate in the content they create -- that's entirely why they made gearing so much easier there). No resources from BHS went into this new content they announced -- it's all in-house (hence the known issues they listed). Most of the other publishers don't have staff with that expertise or a budget to do it. EME is splitting their TERA staff between both PC and Console, so paying people just to do custom content for PC (that probably won't work on Console, and gets wiped out with subsequent patches) probably makes no business sense to them. If the BHS/EME family were going to invest money to make TERA PC "better", they'd pay their Korean team to do it and make it better for entire globe (maximize RoI across all their many publishers), not just for NA alone. (That way, also, Console would inherit the same improvements eventually. It's more efficient on the whole.)

    Not that this makes it better for all of us who wish we got the same as EU... but, at the same time, I don't know if there's really much to wonder about when you look at it from a business perspective.
  • PartyblastPartyblast ✭✭✭✭
    TYoung11 wrote: »
    The "100% Experience points" is for the EP/Talent system. The base is 10 points for bams, so the event gives 20 (which is pretty worthless imo...). It has nothing to do with item experience. Besides that, EME actually does do item experience events, it's all this week... That being said, I agree the gearing system is currently rubbish. The fact that low tier, boring/mind numbing, vanguards are the most profitable for farming is wrong in so many ways...

    Each tier should be more, or at least equally rewarding.

    >>>Talent/EP system info>>> https://docs.google.com/document/d/16wuje8nV7yYd0y2gq3oVFbjpR2Ulx4SQRWQQkK-LVrs/edit <<<

    Yea no, you're wrong altogether LOL

    Yes the event has an item exp addition to it but that isn't what the OP is asking for, he's asking about the double monster XP buff, which EME hasn't done in quite awhile.

    Also this event didn't include a 100% EP buff at all, no region (except maybe KTera?) has hosted a 100% EP buff they have only given out boosters. The current event on EU is only a 30% buff.
  • edited December 2018
    Partyblast wrote: »
    Yes the event has an item exp addition to it but that isn't what the OP is asking for, he's asking about the double monster XP buff, which EME hasn't done in quite awhile.

    Incidentally, I suspect the reason why we don't have monster leveling XP buff events much anymore is partly because of TERA Reward tiers. Since the TERA Reward XP Buff is cumulative (based on the subtotal, not a line item), the buff you get even at tiers 5 or 6 can add up real quick (never mind tiers 8+), and is on all the time. Obviously that doesn't apply to new players, but that's why they give out 100% XP scrolls and the instant +1 levels during leveling events.

    As much as I like leveling XP events, I have a hard time really making a good argument that leveling needs to be sped up much more than it already is at this point, particularly if you have Elite + a modest TERA Rewards tier. Since EU doesn't have TERA Rewards tiers at all, it makes more sense to do the old-style XP boost event.
Sign In or Register to comment.