[PC] We are aware of issues surrounding the event EP booster, and are working to resolve this. Currently, we are working towards having this fixed on Tuesday, 02/25 in a hotfix maintenance. We will have further details as we approach this fix. Thank you for your patience and understanding!

About the new "event"

Comments

• 6AWC3DP9PR6AWC3DP9PR ✭✭
    edited December 2018
    Vulcarion wrote: »
    Yeah, it really doesn't make sense. GF is free to enact their interpretation of how core progression items can be obtained, yet for some reason, EME isn't. Maybe its an order from BHS, and they haven't caught up with GF yet (I think GF only started doing that in RK patch? idk). Or, maybe BHS is just a scapegoat, and EME believes they'll get better revenue from following the korean freemium/grind-your-life-away model. Hard to tell tbh.

The trouble is that EME doesn't really have an "interpretation," or in the interest of the staff any dissidence with Bluehole's intentions goes unmentioned. It's commonly said by EME staff, in fact, that events are tailored in a way not to interfere with gearing progression. Given feedback about gearing progression is widely negative, it should come as no surprise that feedback on the event is negative, especially in the context that the scrolls can reverse progression made by players if they have poor luck.

Because Gameforge's success in EU finds its way back to Bluehole in a capacity as well, they are given a pass despite offering players that much better of an experience than their NA counterpart; or at least that's the way it looks. You can't help but be envious of their players for how much better they've got it, as much as those of us here try and remain positive. There's just something to be said about an independent publisher servicing a game better than the child company of the owners of the intellectual property.

On a positive note, perhaps the holiday goings-on will be more desirable.
  • Can i use this thread to also share some feedback? I mean, i was somewhat satisfied with the results from the Punch Up scrolls until i was able to gather seven scrolls that can downgrade stormcry and i have decided to use them on my brawler alt thinking that i should be able to go up from +2SC at least once if not twice with some luck.. But the truth is that i have failed with all the seven scrolls and i am still at +2SC.

Also, i have opened a grand total of x33 Rare Tanly boxes and i was able to find only two non downgrade scrolls for stormcry in there from which both obviously failed at enchanting ( it was probably better to sell the boxes at 7k each some days ago and try the normal way ).

So? Were we supposed to fail this much?
  • lastofthemeheecanlastofthemeheecan ✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    [Censored]
  • HLK76PFWXT wrote: »
    Can i use this thread to also share some feedback? I mean, i was somewhat satisfied with the results from the Punch Up scrolls until i was able to gather seven scrolls that can downgrade stormcry and i have decided to use them on my brawler alt thinking that i should be able to go up from +2SC at least once if not twice with some luck.. But the truth is that i have failed with all the seven scrolls and i am still at +2SC.

Also, i have opened a grand total of x33 Rare Tanly boxes and i was able to find only two non downgrade scrolls for stormcry in there from which both obviously failed at enchanting ( it was probably better to sell the boxes at 7k each some days ago and try the normal way ).

From my results you seem to have gotten an extreme case of bad luck. I was able to enchant my glove from +3 up to +8 exclusively using these set of scrolls. Mind you I never used degrading scrolls above +6. I also got my weapon +9 from +8 using the same scrolls. And enchanted a few frost weap+glove. The enchanting chance is sitting roughly around 30% as far as my results and probably higher.

Regarding the number of rare scrolls I've obtained was around 6 from 16 or so cases I have opened in which half of them was successful in enchanting.

Of course I cannot be the judge of this because I could be an example of extreme good luck (which I don't believe). A much larger sample need to be taken.
  • TJKatTJKat ✭✭✭
    My success rate with Frostmetal scrolls is sitting at around 30% too.

Stormcry scrolls on the other hand, 0% success rate.
  • HLK76PFWXTHLK76PFWXT ✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    spung wrote: »
    HLK76PFWXT wrote: »
    Can i use this thread to also share some feedback? I mean, i was somewhat satisfied with the results from the Punch Up scrolls until i was able to gather seven scrolls that can downgrade stormcry and i have decided to use them on my brawler alt thinking that i should be able to go up from +2SC at least once if not twice with some luck.. But the truth is that i have failed with all the seven scrolls and i am still at +2SC.

From my results you seem to have gotten an extreme case of bad luck. I was able to enchant my glove from +3 up to +8 exclusively using these set of scrolls. Mind you I never used degrading scrolls above +6. I also got my weapon +9 from +8 using the same scrolls. And enchanted a few frost weap+glove. The enchanting chance is sitting roughly around 30% as far as my results and probably higher.

Regarding the number of rare scrolls I've obtained was around 6 from 16 or so cases I have opened in which half of them was successful in enchanting.

Of course I cannot be the judge of this because I could be an example of extreme good luck (which I don't believe). A much larger sample need to be taken.

It is very hard for me to believe that you were able to achieve that much even though you are most likely telling the truth.

I had some decent results in the first few days but then it all went downhill and i am up to a grand total of ten scrolls used on different characters and none of the stormcry weapons went up at all ( i am not even sure how you were able to get the non downgrade ones because i have seen only two of them out of 33 keys that i had so far and i have opened only the rare tanly boxes ).

At this point, i ended up believeing that i was a fool because i should have sold all the rare tanly boxes that i had making quite some cash ( up to 231k gold from the start until now ) since each was 7k at the broker then simply open the cheap tanly boxes ( 500g each at broker ) and live with it since it seems that even cheap boxes give a decent amount of stormcry scrolls.

I expected to not get any impressive results from the rare tanly boxes but i did not expect to be this bad ( of course, i kept asking around in guild/discord and i had many other players telling me that they failed up to even five times in a row with the stormcry scrolls that can downgrade weapons ).

p.s. the sad part about the RNG system is that it has a few lucky shots making everyone else to believe that they did not try hard enough when the system itself is made to let the majority fail
  • @HLK76PFWXT

There's still one week to go. Your bad luck could turn into good. Just be positive and you'll get what you want. =)
  • spung wrote: »
    @HLK76PFWXT

There's still one week to go. Your bad luck could turn into good. Just be positive and you'll get what you want. =)

Now i was able to get 6 keys that gave 3 scrolls for the storm weapon which worked 3 times in a row ...

RNG is like..

image-527561-breitwandaufmacher-vsbd-527561.jpg
  • Troll event
    failed 15 times on my weapon stormcry from +5 to 6
  • Meme eVent

I just got down'd to +5 on my Stormcry. Events not that great.
  • The event actually turned out well for me despite my previous comment. Used the scrolls over 3 of my characters and had 6 successful stormcry enchants. On my very last key is when the most significant enchant occured. Very happy =)
    Alt 1: Weapon: +8 --> +9
    Alt 2: Gloves: 0 --> +2
    Alt 3: Weapon: +2 --> +4; Gloves: 0 --> +1

Also had some frostmetal succcess but didn't keep track of those.
  • TJKatTJKat ✭✭✭
    I had exactly 2 Stormcry successes, once on each server. It was very disheartening. I give this event 2/10.
  • Got my SC weap from +2 to +6. While my gloves didnt even get a +1 with around 20 scrolls.
  • Quick question guys: do I need to max out item EXP to maximize to change of success when using these PolishUp Scrolls? Or doesnt it matter?
  • TJKatTJKat ✭✭✭
    To be honest, I had more success upgrading gear who's item exp WASN'T at 100%, so I don't think it actually matters.