Level 70 coming soon O_O

Nexon released this dev note today. at the top, they announced that KTERA will be getting a level 70 expansion on December 20th.
http://tera.nexon.com/news/devnote/view.aspx?n4ArticleSN=375
apologies for the bad google translate: YEKLVN2.png

Comments

• McOnosRepMcOnosRep ✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    Thanks for the info

If this is accurate then all current gear will be useless. On the other hand in a way this is good as the current gear system costs has turned out to be a disaster as it is totally unsustainable...
  • Ew.. lvling all my alts again? *sigh*
  • Ew.. lvling all my alts again? *sigh*

Just think of all the AFK s in Highwatch that might do some thing.
  • NopiNopi ✭✭✭✭✭
    With a level expansion, there usually also comes more story content and areas to explore. I feel that's exactly what Tera needs, considering other, still living games from Tera's era have dwarfed it in size considerably.

.....that or this will be the first MMO where leveling from 65 to 70 will be done solely through doing stuff like RK9 ad infinitum. >.<
  • I like how this current team acknowledges how the open world hasn't been utilized well (and thus the changes to monsters in existing areas along with un-nerfing their drops). Am looking forward to the subsequent new story and zones that will be introduced in the future (I guess throughout 2019).
  • metagamemetagame ✭✭✭✭
    McOnosRep wrote: »
    If this is accurate then all current gear will be useless.
    nothing in the post makes any mention of new gear
  • SageWinduSageWindu High Seat of the Jedi Council ✭✭✭✭✭
    metagame wrote: »

Gear is affected by proxy. One could argue that our current gearing system isn't made with a level increase in mind. So some may predict that with a level cap increase (been a long time coming, I say), our current system will be rendered obsolete immediately, just like what happened when FoA first dropped all those years ago.
  • just level 5 level and afk again ..
  • I remember the first time there was a level increase and I had more than 10 characters to get 65. Now I have over double of that, it's daunting but I'm still excited!
  • SageWindu wrote: »
    metagame wrote: »

Gear is affected by proxy. One could argue that our current gearing system isn't made with a level increase in mind. So some may predict that with a level cap increase (been a long time coming, I say), our current system will be rendered obsolete immediately, just like what happened when FoA first dropped all those years ago.

I don't believe they will scrap what they built so soon. The likely scenario they would boost the stats of what's currently available. I would not hold my breath on new sets.
  • new bams on the world i hope they add new maps omg!
  • ZoknahalZoknahal ✭✭✭✭✭
    new bams on the world i hope they add new maps omg!

They arent adding new maps, just recycling existing content, relocating it, and making use of previously unnused empty existing areas (no baldera sadly)
  • I wish they’d finally use baldera. :(
  • all old tera players want to see baldera again on this game
  • Soooo that means all the endgame level 65 content will be useless then? They're actually going to come up with a bunch of new stuff? Them raising the level-cap was the last thing I expected from them to be honest.