[TERA PC & Console] En Masse is closing, but TERA lives on! We will continue to support TERA PC (NA) and TERA Console until services are transferred. Our Service Moving Info page is now live here: https://bit.ly/tera_service_moving

IoD keen motes

Comments

• ShunkouShunkou ✭✭
    edited December 2018
    motes = 1 hit kill bam ... why more nerf ??
    go play to tera eu ..

Please, if you are here to say it's a bad idea to 100% keen motes on IOD, then allow us to know the reason.

Also, to farm the high tier bams and 1-shot them, you are probably on a heavy geared character, right? ... but keep im mind that farming IOD is to the exactly oposite people: The ones who DO NOT HAVE A HEAVY GEARED CHARACTER YET. Those ones are the only who suffer from keenless IOD.
  • Shunkou wrote: »
    go play to tera eu ..

Please, if you are here to say it's a bad idea to 100% keen motes on IOD, then allow us to know the reason.

Also, to farm the high tier bams and 1-shot them, you are probably on a heavy geared character, right? ... but keep im mind that farming IOD is to the exactly oposite people: The ones who DO NOT HAVE A HEAVY GEARED CHARACTER YET. Those ones are the only who suffer from keenless IOD.

well said, i dont think theres any badside to 100% drop rate , hopefully we can get a response from eme staff
  • YamazukiYamazuki ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    Shunkou wrote: »
    go play to tera eu ..

Gear isn't why people take a long time to kill BAMs. It's just an excuse to justify killing slower than others, often of the same gear, rather than just adjusting their play. I kill them quickly on a +6 Twistshard Priest, even with no motes. The only issue I would see is killing 40+ with none dropping [happens], but I also don't see how 100% drop is a good idea, because it is true keen motes essentially makes everyone kill them nearly instantly.
  • KXRC9JMW74KXRC9JMW74 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    If I remember right (I'm old) I think we had a 100% keen mote weekend a year maybe a year and a half ago. Fun yeah seeing bams die of a heart attack even before you hit them.

;)
  • what i dont get is why some people are opposed to the idea
    more motes = faster farming , i dont see any downside to something like this , it can be helpful to every kind of player
    if u dont like an increase rate of motes just dont pick them up when they drop i guess
  • Yamazuki wrote: »
    go play to tera eu ..

Gear isn't why people take a long time to kill BAMs. It's just an excuse to justify killing slower than others, often of the same gear, rather than just adjusting their play. I kill them quickly on a +6 Twistshard Priest, even with no motes. The only issue I would see is killing 40+ with none dropping [happens], but I also don't see how 100% drop is a good idea, because it is true keen motes essentially makes everyone kill them nearly instantly.

My priest can wipe an entire area in a blink of an eye (killing them from 20m away). The difference is like 2-4 seconds with or without keen. Keen means one-shotting BAMs especially lower tier ones. You do not need to be geared to kill them fast to be honest. I know some classes are weak and take longer in Twistshard but you have to understand when using a weak class is made by your choice. You only need to get your Frost weapon and learn your class better.

Lets not forget IOD also has essences that grant CD reduction as well as damage boost to skills.
  • Priest is the worst example since the class itself has a very boring DPS rotation while the bams can do whatever the F they want and priest will not change anything about that. Actually, the priest hopes to get that holy burst crit ( which is not 100% on low tier bams even with 300+ crit factor ) or else the bams start to jump around and act like some little R.

I have tried several classes such as as priest/brawler/gunner/ninja/etc and i have to say that nothing compares with ninja/gunner considering that the classes not only are so much fun considering the style but also have more control with stuns and other things plus having the big bonus.. they can use slaying crystal.

And yes.. it sucks to kill 15+ bams and not get any keen mote more like a relief than any other thing considering that we need to kill hundreds of bams to get some decent EP points..
  • TJKatTJKat ✭✭✭
    Nopi wrote: »
    TJKat wrote: »
    100% Keening Dawn motes would be a nice, NON-GAME/ECONOMY/WHATEVER BREAKING QoL improvement. You still have to do the boring, mind-numbing content, you're still limited to 16 vanguards per day, it just goes a little faster. As someone else pointed out, EU isn't over saturated with talents because of 100% Keening Dawn, it's because the Elleon Boxes drop a broken amount of them.

Then would have been more logical and less messy to just activate an area buff that just gave you the stats of the keen mote that everyone gets only when in the island. OR, nerf the monsters themselves.

You might be on to something. Permanent Hyper Fire Turbo Time while on IoD and get rid of the motes altogether maybe? That would actually be a lot of fun. Dear EME, more fun = more good.
  • These new Tera kids have ZERO clue how strong BAMs use to be before "avatar" weapons and keen motes...

Be thankful you even get keen motes, you entitled children..
  • These new Tera kids have ZERO clue how strong BAMs use to be before "avatar" weapons and keen motes...

not sure if you're being sarcastic or not but i really still dont see why you people are against such an idea ,
    and the only reason im askin and so are whole lot of ppl for it to be increased is because they made IoD the only way to get a stream of golden talents unlike some other region.

also "entitled" really? lul
  • HLK76PFWXTHLK76PFWXT ✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    These new Tera kids have ZERO clue how strong BAMs use to be before "avatar" weapons and keen motes...

If you want to talk about that then it might be useful to also add that we did not need to farm at the crazy level as we do now and the +12 system was much more balanced since a player with strikeforce still had a decent chance against a player with nightforge unlike these days where heroic oath is miles away from stormcry in terms of damage and defense ( even the +15 system with the silly downgrade system was more balanced than what we currently have )..

And asking for some extra keen motes as a relief is not much considering how grindy the EP system really is.. with the island of dawn being one of the best spots to farm the said points..

I suppose it was to me, well, I am from the "good old days" when we had no avatars, lv 60, nexus... and the game is entirely different now, and for the current game, not this one u saved on your memory and don't let go, the motes are helpful for everyone.

Also for gods sake, I need to know if we are talking about the same BAMS people, I am talking about the High Tier ones (Hydrat, Giants and Nagas), not the silly red basiliscs. If u still can 1-shot them with a +6 twist priest, PLEASE I NEED TO KNOW HOW! If u can show it to me, I will be really glad to learn from you.
  • Shunkou wrote: »
    These new Tera kids have ZERO clue how strong BAMs use to be before "avatar" weapons and keen motes...

I suppose it was to me, well, I am from the "good old days" when we had no avatars, lv 60, nexus... and the game is entirely different now, and for the current game, not this one u saved on your memory and don't let go, the motes are helpful for everyone.

Also for gods sake, I need to know if we are talking about the same BAMS people, I am talking about the High Tier ones (Hydrat, Giants and Nagas), not the silly red basiliscs. If u still can 1-shot them with a +6 twist priest, PLEASE I NEED TO KNOW HOW! If u can show it to me, I will be really glad to learn from you.

definitely talking about tier 3 , but an increased rate of motes is all around IoD so it shouldn't matter which tier i suppose
    ( not related to priests 1-shots )
  • HLK76PFWXTHLK76PFWXT ✭✭✭
    edited December 2018

We did not need to farm at such a crazy level as we do now during the old days like the nexus where not only that there was much less RNG involved but the +12 gear was more balanced and the vision maker was not too far from the normal gear ( strikeforce vs nightforge for pvp as example with stormcry vs heroic oath ).

Anyway, the thingy with the +6 twistshard is just an exaggeration because i personally have a +5 stormcry priest alt with +23 power from talents and other stuff such as +power etchings on jewelry and more that fits in there since it is especially made for solo dps to do guardians and island of dawn bams as example.. And the priest that has +300 crit factor and +150 power ( at island of dawn ) plus +15% canephora and dps smart dyads with bulgogi still does NOT one shot a basilisk with holy burst unless i use triple nemesis to debuff the basilisk and energy of stars to add even more power.. And only then the priest can 1shot the basilisk as long as holy burst crits because -sadly- it does not have 100% crit chance even at that point unlike guardian legion bosses since it seems that the basilisk has more crit resist than even the guardian legion bosses ( holy burst is not 100% crit on basilisk even with 430+ crit factor from keen mote ). Still, the best IOD farm classes are by far ninja and gunner with archer and sorcerer.. so priest is kinda really far behind in terms of damage and control there ( not being able to stun really sucks ).

And the biggest problem about keen mote -at least from my point of view- not being 100% is more about EP farming than making gold or any other thing there since IOD is a good way to get those EP.. But it kinda gets terrible after killing 100+ bams and still not having 100% keen mote ( it is more like a relief for stress than anything ).
  • NopiNopi ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2018

I was from those old days. I know what you mean. Back when that level 60 world boss dragon meant for guilds to kill was slapped into a yellow quest in Sienna canyon and because of no friends, I ended up soloing it since the party that asked me to help them left me solo while they died once and never bothered to revive (or revived at town and never went back). I was using a zerk with green and blue gear that was enchanted mostly to +3 and +6. And old zerks were the weakest class then, and some skills were even glitched and didn't work. That fight lasted upwards to an hour and I spent all but 2 or 3 of my pots just because of block chip damage.

So yeah. I know what old monsters were like. I saw one or two the other day (that level 68 lizard north of habere brings back memories), yet, I also support giving people the opportunity of faster IoD..... Why? because it's simply not the same at all. IoD is not an exciting hunt. It's not a challenge. It doesn't get your adrenaline pumping. It's a boring thing that should be removed already so people can farm their EP and low tier mats somewhere else. It's not fun and makes no sense, since EP and mats should be able to be farmed properly inside proper 5man dungeons or other less repetitive solo activities. So, since it's easier to just up the keen mote rate than remove and change the activity altogether, might as well just do that.