[PS4/XB1] We will be entering maintenance dowtime on 6/17 at 7pm PDT (2:00 UTC). For more information, please visit the following link: http://bit.ly/2IoSgVW

Can anyone verify that the precious Xingcode is gone?

2»

Comments

• ChristinChristin ✭✭✭✭
    Apparently, they haven't updated the Steam file in a while and are just patching an old file. Therefore, Xingcode was downloaded onto my system and really has't been completely removed from the game. Hence my creating this thread in the first place. Thanks a bunch! I should have known when no staff bothered to chime in to verify Xing had been removed from the original install files.
  • KXRC9JMW74KXRC9JMW74 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    Steam is the last place to download Tera. People have more problems from them
  • edited December 2018
    Christin wrote: »
    Apparently, they haven't updated the Steam file in a while and are just patching an old file. Therefore, Xingcode was downloaded onto my system and really has't been completely removed from the game. Hence my creating this thread in the first place. Thanks a bunch! I should have known when no staff bothered to chime in to verify Xing had been removed from the original install files.

So just delete the folder. It doesn't install any system files, registry entries, or anything unless you actually start the game as Admin, which Steam does not do, and as soon as you start the launcher from Steam it will patch the game up to the latest that doesn't use it. So you can just delete the files.

When you install using the regular installer from the website, it isn't included in the distro. Steam should probably be updated, but again it will not do absolutely anything and can be removed.
  • NopiNopi ✭✭✭✭✭

So just delete the folder. It doesn't install any system files, registry entries, or anything unless you actually start the game as Admin, which Steam does not do, and as soon as you start the launcher from Steam it will patch the game up to the latest that doesn't use it. So you can just delete the files.

When you install using the regular installer from the website, it isn't included in the distro. Steam should probably be updated, but again it will not do absolutely anything and can be removed.

Some people don't roll with that. I am assuming OP has rooted on his/her mind the idea that Xigncode IS malware that's made to steal your life and break your computer the moment is downloaded into the system, even if it's not made to run. While I don't think it's as bad, I understand how some people can have such a view of programs like Xigncode and Denuvo and other anti cheat or DRM measures. I think the myths should be debunked, but I'm in no position of power to make people see how things really roll. Then again, it's not like these companies are working with complete transparency either, which only fuels all that paranoia.
  • ChristinChristin ✭✭✭✭

Yeah, I will delete the folder. I tried from the website, but it said 3 days and Steam said 2 days, so I went with Steam. I think they only update Steam every 3 to 4 months it seems. Either way, it is running now and not running any Xingcode, so that is cool. My daughter and I were able to get all of our old names back, so that was nice to.

Thanks again for all of the help and thanks again to EME for removing or not running Xingcode anymore.
  • YamazukiYamazuki ✭✭✭✭✭
    KXRC9JMW74 wrote: »
    Steam is the last place to download Tera. People have more problems from them

When ever it's updated it downloads quicker there for some people, and you don't have to run it through Steam when you download through Steam. You just make a shortcut of the launcher and run it that way without Steam.
  • @Christin Hi there! We have updated steam so that the xigncode folders no longer show up.

If you had folders pop up before that, no worries, it still would not have triggered it, as when it patches to our most recent version, it wouldn't start xigncode up.

Feel free to delete the folders that have xigncode on them!

Thanks for bringing this up!
  • It is gone! It's not EME/BHS fault and XIGNCODE was trial. The repetition of feedback on how awful for its effectiveness being completely useless (easily bypassed and didn't block everything causing player disadvantages) and became also for the playerbase to not be able to play a game. No one liked it! Long game load ups and everything. I'm not going to argue this, but XIGNCODE always caused problems for me to cause a BSOD. Whether people believed it or not, it's why people left for EU. So I was correct and other factors was other reasons why people left for EU.

Structured Exception Handling (SEH) is a Windows mechanism for handling both hardware and software exceptions consistently.

So people's problem was that xcoronahost.dll making a bad pointer on SEH apis memory processes to cause kernelbase.dll to go haywire. From my understanding is that windows didn't like XIGNCODE catch or simply windows was blocking XIGNCODE with its Kernal Patch Protection as defense mechanism.

I read for hours and tried to ask for a fix. Only if we knew it was trial, people wouldn't of just ranted like crazy. I fought so hard to play again. Sorry, but EME really didn't have much control over anything; I can't blame them.

Sure a bit disappointed on lack of communication and how it was handled. Again XIGNCODE was trial. XIGNCODE was trial for a reason; sadly it didn't work effectively. I just wish there was something better by alternative. My suggestion is to upgrade Tera to Unreal 4, which implementation of an anticheat can be used. It exists, but it might require a full redownload of Tera to just play? All I know is Blade&Soul might be going in that direction? So perhaps someday it will be something for Tera to have an anticheat built in that catches everything by script reads and doesn't scan the computer like mad. Or have everything run server sided like one game I'm playing now. Yeah I moved on a bit.

XIGNCODE was total garbage! Just please don't start this debate on XIGNCODE. It doesn't matter now really. The only reason why I put it up is for people to understand what the playerbase and I that had to deal with. That's the reason why w e discussed it. I really took the time and somehow it got me banned abusing support. I won't go there, but the real thing is that XIGNCODE made everybody go crazy. Everyone got tired of dealing with it or seeing it. So did I, so did I dealing with a mess.

XIGNCODE was not effective and it finally became the realization.

STILL let it be a lesson learned for all you cheaters/exploiters! Sorry I will be strict if I see anything suspicious.

Understand DNS and DSL and you will have better ping. I will help everyone with that later. However I did post something to help in the past, but that forum is gone. I saw the issue of ping, so I gave it out the right way! Unlike those script jokes. Yeah I'm watching you! It's you scripters that ruined the game for everyone! Just please don't take bribes from someone acting for a greater cause. We all know that is what caused XIGNCODE. I tried to warn people using them and what do we get? That's right, XIGNCODE to cause our lives to be miserable! Please learn the lesson and just play the game. It took me years to understand some of my classes. Is it worth it? Yes it is! I made great friends learning from others that helped me. More like people that I enjoyed playing with. Some of learning was on my by own and from guides. Who cares how bad you are. Give it time and look over. There is no reason to yell at players, because you had to learn too; we all have learned how to play our classes. So my best advice that was passed down to me is...

Adjust yourself from your weaknesses and look for areas that you can take advantage most. Stop making it over complicated for yourself!

~MistyTera (out of town use of IP. I will ignore anyone who argues with me. It's over, so who cares. Aunt and Uncle annual Christmas party. Merry Christmas everyone!

So I really don't care to get in an argument with people that don't look at details to solve a problem! It's over and please don't call me hero, but I was right about something. Cause and effect, which caused playerbase to move to EU. Just don't take it as EME/BHS fault. XIGNCODE was trial and also a lesson for cheaters/exploiters. Hopefully I will get my account back? I abused support like mad! I miss my 15.5 million crit warrior. Yes that one took me awhile, but it was mostly skill rotations that had me puzzled.

Anyways fishing in Tera? Interesting.
  • Excuse me..that was a lot to type out by phone. I'm sure there is some bad mis spell checks and few grammar. However, I'm too lazy to proof read.
This discussion has been closed.