[TERA PC & Console] En Masse is closing, but TERA lives on! We will continue to support TERA PC (NA) and TERA Console until services are transferred. Our Service Moving Info page is now live here: https://bit.ly/tera_service_moving

Level 70 expansion and new story | K TERA Dev Note

Comments

• SageWinduSageWindu High Seat of the Jedi Council ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only 1 player will be rewarded loot for eliminating field boss monsters.
    Only 1 player who deals the last hit to field boss monsters will be notified through a global message along with the player’s guild name.

This doesn't bode well...
  • Vy1ViviVy1Vivi ✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    YfYKGlC.jpg
    Um, what? Are you serious....what the hell is that? That's really dumb.

Mistranslation I hope lol.
  • “UI will not display hp”

Ok...
  • spungspung ✭✭
    edited December 2018
    SageWindu wrote: »
    Only 1 player will be rewarded loot for eliminating field boss monsters.
    Only 1 player who deals the last hit to field boss monsters will be notified through a global message along with the player’s guild name.

This doesn't bode well...

That's what I thought at first when I tried to make sense from the translated text. But it doesn't specifically say that one person loot.

I somehow understand why they did this, they want to actively make players participate. But this will never work today seeing that this could easily be circumvented by pulling boss data. It is just UI that is hidden.
  • LaemieLaemie ✭✭✭
    So lets say someone happens to find this boss and decide to kill it, after a long while some random shows up and they happen to use their big burst on the boss like Gunners BV and takes all the loot. Lol :x
  • seraphinushseraphinush ✭✭✭✭
    spung wrote: »
    But it doesn't specifically say that one person loot.
    It does say only one person receives loot
  • metagamemetagame ✭✭✭✭
    Laemie wrote: »
    So lets say someone happens to find this boss and decide to kill it, after a long while some random shows up and they happen to use their big burst on the boss like Gunners BV and takes all the loot. Lol :x
    1) the boss will have a global message announcing its spawn
    2) its hp will be hidden to prevent sniping. managing to do so would strictly be luck based
  • LaemieLaemie ✭✭✭
    metagame wrote: »
    2) its hp will be hidden to prevent sniping. managing to do so would strictly be luck based

Wow i didnt know it was so great, thanks !
  • voidyvoidy ✭✭✭✭✭

It really isn't. Just means zerg guilds will rule it for the most part. "Last hit" is a terrible concept for a world boss.
  • LaemieLaemie ✭✭✭
    voidy wrote: »

It really isn't. Just means zerg guilds will rule it for the most part. "Last hit" is a terrible concept for a world boss.

Ah yeah i was just bein /s and um nice? i guess? Haha just wanted to make the guy happy. Never bothered to put /s in my posts since i dont really um, well. Care.
  • JerichowJerichow ✭✭✭✭
    I like everything except for:

1: World BAM global announcement - this just means big zerg guilds can AFK until they get the notification, then go full-blob-warfare on it, and then go back to AFK'ing. Not announcing the spawn would encourage people to be out in the field.

2: Last Hitting gets the loot - this is a godawful way to do world boss distribution and I'm calling it now - this is only going to infuriate players. There will be no good to come from this - and no amount of word-play will defend it.
  • CandyMomokoCandyMomoko ✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    Is very interesting how everyone here can tell how stupid allowing a last hit takes the loot on a worldwide announced spawned rare bam is, but devs seem to be ablivious of it. Do the k-tera version players really enjoy that kind of teddious, salt inducing, boring content? I doubt it.

I hope they change their minds on that particular thing. Afterall, we already have things like rally that function perfectly fine. I don't see the need to copy-paste the activity only to make it more annoying.
  • edited December 2018
    It is actually rather impressive how they always find some way of introducing a slot machine dynamic to every aspect of the game. It's almost a skill. True, this isn't actually RNG (well, maybe the amount of HP is -- who knows), but by keeping the HP hidden (assuming it really is hidden) and making it last hit, it might as well be random. The amount of dedication the developers have to "progression by luck" borders on obsession.

(Of course, I can sort of understand why they arrived at that conclusion given the various ways people have gamed other kinds of drop systems, but still.)
  • vkobevkobe ✭✭✭✭✭
    so where is the new area ? :3
  • teralover123teralover123 ✭✭✭
    edited March 3
    Body is 10 characters too short.