[TERA PC NA] We will be entering into maintenance on 04/07 (Tue) at 8:00 a.m. PT, and will have an estimated downtime of approximately 3 hours. For details, please visit this thread: http://bit.ly/terapcmaintenance

routing changes again?

was routing changed again? i was online last night had 95ms now this morning i have 183ms only to tera servers, everything else is fine, so did they hcange routing again like last double drop? and why do they keep switching on events......
also an fyi its only on kaiator apparently, my chars on velika when i log into them its my regular ping but when i log into kaiator i am at double my regular ping. the shop as well in game and webpage isnt working either.

Comments

• For the past 3 consecutive evenings (typically from 1800 CST through 2300 CST) my ping goes from 50ms - 55ms to 105ms - 185ms. This is merely the start. As the evening progresses within this same time window my ping sky rockets in the following manner: 300ms range, 500ms range, 1000ms range, 5000ms range and will ultimately cap out at a whopping just shy of 80000ms! When this occurs, randomly (I have not found a pattern) the ping will reset back down to about 100ms to 150ms for a brief time.

I am on the Velika server. I have not tried the Kaitor server however during this time.
  • The server is really creating an issue and this has to be fixed. I have also been trying to make the things fix I was not able because it was happening from their side. I have also faced the ping going from 51ms to the 100ms. I am building a programme and for that, I am using plugins UAE but due to the routing issue, the thing is getting later.
  • Game is [filtered] unplayable... I go from my normal 80ms to 150ms and spiking to around 600ms+
    Do something Enmasse, how the [filtered] I am suppose to farm double drop dungs with this [filtered] lag... why can't you guys get something right for once... This is incredibly frustrating!
  • edited December 2018
    Routing was not changed in general, but a given person's route could change at any given time.

Here's my traceroute as a point of comparison:

4 21 ms 20 ms 22 ms toro-b1-link.telia.net [62.115.61.240]
    5 18 ms 20 ms 18 ms abovenet-ic-327606-toro-b1.c.telia.net [213.248.88.130]
    6 30 ms 30 ms 30 ms ae16.cr1.ord2.us.zip.zayo.com [64.125.31.51]
    7 35 ms 34 ms 39 ms ae0.mpr1.ord6.us.zip.zayo.com [64.125.24.229]
    8 50 ms 32 ms 30 ms ae2.mpr1.ord5.us.zip.zayo.com [64.125.28.66]
    9 31 ms 30 ms 31 ms 64.125.186.90
    10 35 ms 31 ms 31 ms 208.67.48.46
    11 32 ms 32 ms 31 ms 208.67.48.46
    12 31 ms 31 ms 32 ms 208.67.49.36

Could people post theirs to confirm where the issue lies?

How to do a traceroute on Windows:
    Start -> type "cmd" -> press Enter -> type "tracert -d diag.enmasse.com" -> press Enter -> when complete, press Ctrl+M and highlight the output of the command -> right-click on what you highlighted -> Ctrl+V to paste it.

(You don't need to type the quotes in the commands listed above.)
  • My route is typically the following and aligns with my current ping of 50ms to 55ms:
      4    21 ms    23 ms    23 ms  12.123.240.182
      5    19 ms    23 ms    23 ms  gar25.dlstx.ip.att.net [12.122.85.233]
      6    20 ms    19 ms    19 ms  192.205.36.14
      7    50 ms    50 ms    49 ms  ae24.cs2.dfw2.us.zip.zayo.com [64.125.27.104]
      8    50 ms    50 ms    51 ms  ae5.cs2.iah1.us.eth.zayo.com [64.125.28.102]
      9    49 ms    52 ms    49 ms  ae4.cs2.ord2.us.eth.zayo.com [64.125.28.74]
     10    60 ms    49 ms    48 ms  ae27.cr2.ord2.us.zip.zayo.com [64.125.30.245]
     11    49 ms    79 ms    49 ms  ae1.mpr1.ord6.us.zip.zayo.com [64.125.30.119]
     12    49 ms    51 ms    49 ms  ae2.mpr1.ord5.us.zip.zayo.com [64.125.28.66]
     13    52 ms    51 ms    50 ms  64.125.186.90.t00764-02.above.net [64.125.186.90]
     14    51 ms    50 ms    51 ms  208.67.48.46
     15    59 ms    51 ms    51 ms  208.67.48.46
     16    51 ms    51 ms    52 ms  208.67.49.36

All is fine until my route hits Zayo which is, ultimately, the reason why my normal latency is what it is.

When my ping goes up this evening, as I expect it to, then I will re-trace.
  • same for me, every evening in last 3-4 days = unplayable
  • sanj66sanj66 ✭✭✭✭
    its all day for me though, since double drop started like last time, also double the latency......
  • voidyvoidy ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's been an ongoing problem for years. We called it "comcast time" back when more of my friends played, since nearly everyone affected had comcast as their internet service provider. Of course, every other online service worked fine, so we'd call Comcast up and be like "yo my net's borked" and they'd go "how so?" and we'd say "well everything's fine but my loli E.R.P. simulator is extremely laggy!!" and they'd say things were fine and that was that.

If you want a solution, either use mudfish or just log out until it fixes itself at like 9pm when regular people have hopped off the internet for the night. I've never had this problem in any other game on such a persistent basis so I don't know what it is about tera, but yeah. Screw it, dude.
  • Comcast is one of the armpits of ISP's out there. They used to be great, early last decade, but since, suck.

50ms average response times from Zayo is pretty bad IMHO.
  • sanj66sanj66 ✭✭✭✭
    voidy wrote: »
    It's been an ongoing problem for years. We called it "comcast time" back when more of my friends played, since nearly everyone affected had comcast as their internet service provider. Of course, every other online service worked fine, so we'd call Comcast up and be like "yo my net's borked" and they'd go "how so?" and we'd say "well everything's fine but my loli E.R.P. simulator is extremely laggy!!" and they'd say things were fine and that was that.

If you want a solution, either use mudfish or just log out until it fixes itself at like 9pm when regular people have hopped off the internet for the night. I've never had this problem in any other game on such a persistent basis so I don't know what it is about tera, but yeah. Screw it, dude.

my dude did you not read my post? its been like that since double drop started for the ENTIRE day, up to this morning when i checked its the same thing.
  • Yes, lag has been an ongoing problem for years, but, as the OP mentioned, it has become substantially worse far more recently and most notably since the double drop started. Never prior to that have I experienced ping times beyond 300ms.

On the bright side, I experienced no high ping times yesterday evening.
  • voidyvoidy ✭✭✭✭✭
    sanj66 wrote: »
    voidy wrote: »

my dude did you not read my post? its been like that since double drop started for the ENTIRE day, up to this morning when i checked its the same thing.

I don't know why, but when I opened the thread it jumped me down to Multiverse's post and hid yours further up, so I replied to him and completely missed yours. My bad, dude.

Your situation is actually REALLY weird, especially since it only seems to affect one world but not the other. At least this sounds like something EME can probably fix on their end.
  • I'm very disappointed, my skills fail, my ping is so high now.. what's the problem EME ??
  • Kharllos wrote: »
    I'm very disappointed, my skills fail, my ping is so high now.. what's the problem EME ??

If you could post your traceroute at the moment, it would help to identify where the problem is. I saw one from someone who right now was having their connection routed all the way through Europe and back by the intermediary providers, so it might be that's happening to you too.
  • sanj66sanj66 ✭✭✭✭
    Kharllos wrote: »
    I'm very disappointed, my skills fail, my ping is so high now.. what's the problem EME ??

If you could post your traceroute at the moment, it would help to identify where the problem is. I saw one from someone who right now was having their connection routed all the way through Europe and back by the intermediary providers, so it might be that's happening to you too.

yes and its still happening.......for once i would agree with switching from zayo as atleast with savvis i had constant 110ms not 190-210ms....