[TERA PC] There will be a supplementary maintenance starting at 1 p.m. PT today, August 11, to resolve an issue that is currently preventing players from matching for dungeons. Estimated duration is one hour. Thank you for understanding.
[TERA Console] The Grotto of Lost Souls update (v85) is now live! Read the patch notes here: https://bit.ly/TERACon_v85

[TERA PC] The 64-bit update (v97) is now live. Check out all the changes delivered on August 11 here: https://bit.ly/tera64_patchnotes
[TERA PC & CONSOLE] Summerfest Part 2: The Beach Bash is on from August 11 until September 1! Participate in event activities to earn tokens redeemable for costumes, consumables, mounts, and more! Details: https://bit.ly/tera_sf20

Event

6 attempts to put my weapon +8 to use a scroll and return to +7 with 20% chance to put on +8 again, very good, time to uninstall

Comments

• metagamemetagame ✭✭✭✭
    bye .
  • See ya later!
  • See you next week, cause you will never uninstall.
  • It warns you that it will de-level upon failure...why would you do such a thing to your weapon of all choices lol.
  • HLK76PFWXTHLK76PFWXT ✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    Why would you even risk on any item that is above +6? IF you even tested the scrolls a little then you should have seen that especially for Stormcry.. they have a very high chance to fail ( expect to use 10 scrolls and get one enchant or maybe two if lucky at any level of Stormcry including +0 storm ).

I have ran a lot of tests and it seems that the chance to enchant a Stormcry Weapon is about 10% while around 15% for Storm Gloves? And given that the rare tanly boxes have Frostmetal scrolls mixed in there mixed with the login type event where we get a fixed amount of keys then... This event seems to aim more towards frostmetal than anything...

p.s. the scrolls that do not downgrade stormcry are super rare even from the rare box and they fail anyway..
  • HLK76PFWXT wrote: »
    Why would you even risk on any item that is above +6? IF you even tested the scrolls a little then you should have seen that especially for Stormcry.. they have a very high chance to fail ( expect to use 10 scrolls and get one enchant or maybe two if lucky at any level of Stormcry including +0 storm ).

I have ran a lot of tests and it seems that the chance to enchant a Stormcry Weapon is about 10% while around 15% for Storm Gloves? And given that the rare tanly boxes have Frostmetal scrolls mixed in there mixed with the login type event where we get a fixed amount of keys then... This event seems to aim more towards frostmetal than anything...

p.s. the scrolls that do not downgrade stormcry are super rare even from the rare box and they fail anyway..

because I did not know that the chance to degrade was HIGH, they did not say anything about it, and I only used 1 scroll to test thinking that it would be like the hammer that drop in the shadow sanguinary.

first that it should not even have a chance to degrade I have nothing against the new system of enchantment but it is very expensive to enchant a weapon with a mediocre chance of success and they put that crap to stuck me
  • ChristinChristin ✭✭✭✭
    It is kind of mean when you think about it. If they don't want people with higher tiers using the scrolls, just limit them.
  • XTFW5JHP79 wrote: »
    HLK76PFWXT wrote: »

because I did not know that the chance to degrade was HIGH, they did not say anything about it, and I only used 1 scroll to test thinking that it would be like the hammer that drop in the shadow sanguinary.

first that it should not even have a chance to degrade I have nothing against the new system of enchantment but it is very expensive to enchant a weapon with a mediocre chance of success and they put that crap to stuck me

well youve been warned on the tooltip about the degredation...if u wish for ur wep to not degrade then you should have used the rarest one which doesnt degrade ur item upon failure...i guess lesson learned that we must read first before doing stuff,,
  • You risked a weapon that cost tens of thousands on a chance to degrade, that you were warned about. Im sorry for your loss but you knew this could happen and it did.
  • TeraNuibe wrote: »
    XTFW5JHP79 wrote: »

well youve been warned on the tooltip about the degredation...if u wish for ur wep to not degrade then you should have used the rarest one which doesnt degrade ur item upon failure...i guess lesson learned that we must read first before doing stuff,,

dude I know the item had a chance to degrade, the point is I did not know the chance was so high, do you really think that if I knew I would have tried?

the most ridiculous thing that this company ever did was to have made this scroll available to use in the SC 5+ set
  • SageWinduSageWindu High Seat of the Jedi Council ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    TeraNuibe wrote: »

dude I know the item had a chance to degrade, the point is I did not know the chance was so high, do you really think that if I knew I would have tried?

I take it you haven't seen the other thread here talking about that exact subject (i.e. the failure rate of the enchantment scrolls)?
  • kamizumakamizuma ✭✭✭✭
    no risk no reward ;o
  • vkobevkobe ✭✭✭✭✭
    kamizuma wrote: »
    no risk no reward ;o

but we want your avatar for reward :3
  • tisnotmetisnotme ✭✭✭✭
    > @vkobe said:
    > kamizuma wrote: »
    >
    > no risk no reward ;o
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > but we want your avatar for reward :3

But reward for what , your Elins not cute enough :p
  • XTFW5JHP79 wrote: »
    TeraNuibe wrote: »

the most ridiculous thing that this company ever did was to have made this scroll available to use in the SC 5+ set

don't use chance as an excuse here is the same rng situation all you has to do is use it +5 simple you don't like it uninstall, the thing with rng is you could have had 100% chance to succeed it could still fail. so i don't get your point. They it could degrade after a +5 or +6 whatever even if the chance was high or low it would not make a difference BHS is still ebenezer scrooge it would fail still get that in your head.