What is the point of gear EXP

This is game is becoming more and more RNG.. (stating the obvious I know)

RNG is the heart of Tera. Why even have gear EXP when it doesn't do much but tease you for failure...

When gear exp is capped, it should grant a 100% success. I have been a long term player since 2013 and it is just sickening how RNG focused this game has become.

I enjoy this game greatly, however, this whole gear "exp" is a sick joke and when it is capped, it should grant a 100% success. I can see why people are choosing to take a break or leave.

I do not want to leave this game, however, gear exp is a damn joke and it gets VERY frustrating when weeks of dungeons, iods, etc, get dissolved in 2 or 3 tries....

Your thoughts

Comments

• Gear EXP has nothing to do with why people left and took a break. They left because of the Proxy ban that has now been lifted. Also, Gear EXP is rather simple and I have yet to fail when my EXP is Capped. It even tells me I have a 100% Sucess rate because of my Gear EXP Overage. The only time gear exp is trash is when people try to Yolo their gear and enchant even when they know they don't have the gear exp then they complain and cry about using all their mats up.
  • LiamDahvis wrote: »
    Gear EXP has nothing to do with why people left and took a break. They left because of the Proxy ban that has now been lifted. Also, Gear EXP is rather simple and I have yet to fail when my EXP is Capped. It even tells me I have a 100% Sucess rate because of my Gear EXP Overage. The only time gear exp is trash is when people try to Yolo their gear and enchant even when they know they don't have the gear exp then they complain and cry about using all their mats up.

Is your highest gear Twistshard? Because Frostmetal and beyond, 100% Exp does not grant you 100% success. Stormcry +0 at 100% only gives you about 33% if I recall correctly. That's pretty bull for such a grinding essential part of the game. Not to mention each fail gives you only about 2%...or something.
    Gear EXP has nothing to do with why people left and took a break. They left because of the Proxy ban that has now been lifted. Also, Gear EXP is rather simple and I have yet to fail when my EXP is Capped. It even tells me I have a 100% Sucess rate because of my Gear EXP Overage. The only time gear exp is trash is when people try to Yolo their gear and enchant even when they know they don't have the gear exp then they complain and cry about using all their mats up.

Clearly you don't have Stormcry or Heroic Oath gear. Imagine grinding 150k iexp for it to mean 20% success chance. LOL

Is your highest gear Twistshard? Because Frostmetal and beyond, 100% Exp does not grant you 100% success. Stormcry +0 at 100% only gives you about 33% if I recall correctly. That's pretty bull for such a grinding essential part of the game. Not to mention each fail gives you only about 2%...or something.

I'm in Frost because I'm not an Elitist and don't really care about Stormycry or Heroic Oath *shrug*
    LiamDahvis wrote: »

I'm in Frost because I'm not an Elitist and don't really care about Stormycry or Heroic Oath *shrug*

It's not a matter of being "elitist", it's just what you said was hugely incorrect. After you progress beyond Frostmetal, you'll start to question it I'm sure. After all you'll be using emerald and diamond to enchant. And it's not just one or two diamond, so it's a lot of resources for one try when as stated above, the Exp on gear is so irrelevant.
  • gear progression is fine guys...we just need cheaper golden and silver talents...
  • > @TeraNuibe said:
    > gear progression is fine guys...we just need cheaper golden and silver talents...

Gear progression is stupid and more of a scam than its ever been.
  • edited December 2018
    When gear exp is capped, it should grant a 100% success.
    is a sick joke and when it is capped, it should grant a 100% success.

You clearly have never had SC, and as you have mentioned, have no intention to. How I would love (and I'm certain many others) if gear XP at cap equates to 100% success chance rate. But, not the case. My SC+8 weapon currently sits at the XP cap of 80,000 out of the minimally required 41,254 XP and an enchant success rate of 46%.

For each enchant attempt it burns 6 elemental essences, 4 diamonds, 93 golden plates (372 golden talents required to craft), 8 pansophic ash, 16 artisans tools, 10 copper clasps and 2699 gold. Of all of these materials, elemental essences are the most difficult to come by (at least for me they are). I think to get to a 46% success chance rate equates to 14 enchant attempts from SC+8 alone. So for all of those resources I've now burned: 84 elemental essences, 56 diamonds, 1302 golden plates (5208 golden talents required to craft), 112 pansophic ask, 224 artisans tools, 140 copper clasps and 37786 gold. Mind you, this is just trying to go from SC+8 to SC+9. I haven't bothered to keep track of how much in total materials my actual enchanting costs were just to go from SC+0 to SC+8.

Your initial statement is flat out wrong. Please don't complain about this unless you have experienced what SC enchanting is like when you get to at least SC+7.
  • ^ Think you're quoting the wrong person...
  • > @ReaperElena said:
    > ^ Think you're quoting the wrong person...

Lol I hope they are, I created this post for the very reason that gear exp is worthless with SC and HO.
  • VinyltailsVinyltails ✭✭✭✭
    TeraNuibe wrote: »
    gear progression is fine guys...we just need cheaper golden and silver talents...

Go to EU my dood, stuff dumbly cheap and easy af to get
  • JerichowJerichow ✭✭✭✭
    When gear exp is capped, it should grant a 100% success.
    is a sick joke and when it is capped, it should grant a 100% success.

You clearly have never had SC, and as you have mentioned, have no intention to. How I would love (and I'm certain many others) if gear XP at cap equates to 100% success chance rate. But, not the case. My SC+8 weapon currently sits at the XP cap of 80,000 out of the minimally required 41,254 XP and an enchant success rate of 46%.

For each enchant attempt it burns 6 elemental essences, 4 diamonds, 93 golden plates (372 golden talents required to craft), 8 pansophic ash, 16 artisans tools, 10 copper clasps and 2699 gold. Of all of these materials, elemental essences are the most difficult to come by (at least for me they are). I think to get to a 46% success chance rate equates to 14 enchant attempts from SC+8 alone. So for all of those resources I've now burned: 84 elemental essences, 56 diamonds, 1302 golden plates (5208 golden talents required to craft), 112 pansophic ask, 224 artisans tools, 140 copper clasps and 37786 gold. Mind you, this is just trying to go from SC+8 to SC+9. I haven't bothered to keep track of how much in total materials my actual enchanting costs were just to go from SC+0 to SC+8.

Your initial statement is flat out wrong. Please don't complain about this unless you have experienced what SC enchanting is like when you get to at least SC+7.

This right here sums up everything wrong with gear progression in this game right now - and is why I stopped giving half a care about this game, and stopped trying. Time is a valuable and very finite resource, and gating gear progression and ultimately, end-game content behind RNG finally put the final nail in the coffin and burnt me out. Now I'll log in every now and then to see what's up but that's about it - I hardly even run dungeons anymore because this system is so jacked that it's not even worth it. I'd rather put time into progressing my 2nd account in Warframe than this - at least there I know the time I put into the game goes into a guaranteed progression cycle.

EME just has to do one thing - and that's alter the algorithm for GearXP to reflect what we've all been asking for, 100% XP = 100% success on all levels, of all gear. Increase required GearXP if you will - but damnit make it so people don't have to pull a Korean slot machine lever every time they want to progress in this game.
  • TeraNuibe wrote: »
    gear progression is fine guys...we just need cheaper golden and silver talents...

Well, it can go either one of three ways. iEXP success bonus can be increased significantly, materials costs can be reduced, or more material supply can be introduced. Any of the three can happen, but I think even two is pushing it.
  • kamizumakamizuma ✭✭✭✭
    pro tip: sell your enchanting mats and buy pre enchanted +7-9 stormcry gear off broker. You'll end up saving around 400-700k that way lol
    LiamDahvis wrote: »

It's not a matter of being "elitist", it's just what you said was hugely incorrect. After you progress beyond Frostmetal, you'll start to question it I'm sure. After all you'll be using emerald and diamond to enchant. And it's not just one or two diamond, so it's a lot of resources for one try when as stated above, the Exp on gear is so irrelevant.

Only I'm in +5 Frost and has never failed on it. Always had 100% success rate never failed once. Sooo lol not incorrect for me at all.