[TERA PC & Console] En Masse is closing, but TERA lives on! We will continue to support TERA PC (NA) and TERA Console until services are transferred. Our Service Moving Info page is now live here: https://bit.ly/tera_service_moving

IoD keen motes

Comments

• spungspung ✭✭
    edited December 2018
    Shunkou wrote: »
    These new Tera kids have ZERO clue how strong BAMs use to be before "avatar" weapons and keen motes...

Also for gods sake, I need to know if we are talking about the same BAMS people, I am talking about the High Tier ones (Hydrat, Giants and Nagas), not the silly red basiliscs. If u still can 1-shot them with a +6 twist priest, PLEASE I NEED TO KNOW HOW! If u can show it to me, I will be really glad to learn from you.

Hmm, perhaps you need to learn. Even with my guardian staff on my priest the hydra or any high level BAM would not survive more than 5-8 sec.
  • GaladthasGaladthas ✭✭
    edited December 2018
    spung wrote: »
    These new Tera kids have ZERO clue how strong BAMs use to be before "avatar" weapons and keen motes...

Also for gods sake, I need to know if we are talking about the same BAMS people, I am talking about the High Tier ones (Hydrat, Giants and Nagas), not the silly red basiliscs. If u still can 1-shot them with a +6 twist priest, PLEASE I NEED TO KNOW HOW! If u can show it to me, I will be really glad to learn from you.

Hmm, perhaps you need to learn. Even with my guardian staff on my priest the hydra or any high level BAM would not survive more than 5-8 sec.

i really dont see the point you're trying to make , cause everyone can do that on any class that they know , in any case what i want to know is why you're goin against such an idea that makes farming in IoD easier for everyone .

if u like to spend more time farming IoD then just dont pick them up if the rate gets increased

also @SingleBear @Rox , hopefully we can get a reply any time soon
  • Galadthas wrote: »

i really dont see the point you're trying to make , cause everyone can do that on any class that they know , in any case what i want to know is why you're goin against such an idea that makes farming in IoD easier for everyone .

if u like to spend more time farming IoD then just dont pick them up if the rate gets increased

also @SingleBear @Rox , hopefully we can get a reply any time soon

I would care less if they did it. The thing is your discussion goes back to 2016. I think they already heard it.

https://forums.enmasse.com/tera/discussion/19039/keening-motes-please
    https://forums.enmasse.com/tera/discussion/19607/keening-dawn-mote
    https://forums.enmasse.com/tera/discussion/7597/island-of-dawn-and-keening-dawn-motes
    https://forums.enmasse.com/tera/discussion/2412/iod-keening-dawn-mote-100-covered
  • YamazukiYamazuki ✭✭✭✭✭
    Galadthas wrote: »
    People who don't agree with you don't want slower IOD, they just don't agree that people who don't want to put in the effort to actually play better to constantly be rewarded. Expecting rewards for no effort defeats the purpose of even playing a game in the first place. Especially given the issue that what's the point in having better gear quicker when you really aren't going to actually use it?
  • ShunkouShunkou ✭✭
    edited December 2018

Mind teaching? I wasn't being sacarstic. If you can kill hydraths with a priest in less than 10sec, I will really want to know how. I used to do HM dungeons, and still can't afford 10sec without a broken class like brawler or a good geared DPS.
  • Yamazuki wrote: »
    Galadthas wrote: »
    People who don't agree with you don't want slower IOD, they just don't agree that people who don't want to put in the effort to actually play better to constantly be rewarded. Expecting rewards for no effort defeats the purpose of even playing a game in the first place. Especially given the issue that what's the point in having better gear quicker when you really aren't going to actually use it?

i dont think thats the point he wanted to make but w/e , if someone spends 16x vanguards in IoD , he probably wants to get gear to do higher dungs for better rewards or you know just farm EP,Gtalents,tokens , if not whats the point of doing it also besides its not like keen motes just magically kills bams its still doing the same thing just with less time spent , where is the issue in that?
  • spungspung ✭✭
    edited December 2018

Mind teaching? I wasn't being sacarstic. If you can kill hydraths with a priest in less than 10sec, I will really want to know how. I used to do HM dungeons, and still can't afford 10sec without a broken class like brawler or a good geared DPS.

I'm not qualified to teach people (priest is not my specialty) but if you doubt a priest can do that in guardian here's proof...

That's of course without keen. They would basically melt with keen.
  • ShunkouShunkou ✭✭
    edited December 2018

I'm not qualified to teach people (priest is not my specialty) but if you doubt a priest can do that in guardian here's proof...

That's of course without keen. They would basically melt with keen.

Well, your proof didn't show up, probably a forum bug or so, asked you in private message for the link.

By what I can see, your point is: If someone can do, everyone can do. I agree with you, partially...

If IOD was a content not designed to be done over and over again, for months, this would actually be something good to enforce people on their roles, BUT, it's quite bad atm.

There is no real point on making parties, wich means that you will not train any healer on their REAL ROLE, that is to support the party, instead of that, you will be training bad healers that think their role is to DPS too. The only ones who benefit from your point of view are the DPS roles, since they really need to understand better their classes.

My point is: IOD is not a training ground, it's a required farming area for whoever wants to progress on the game, that being said, there still no good point to be against the increase on keenings.

EDIT:

The video is this one: http://tinypic.com/r/11cgvlx/9
    It's an APEX priest, wich means not TS+6... also, to base yourself on a 2min40sec buff, is not a regular farm option.
  • TJKatTJKat ✭✭✭
    The point isn't that IoD is difficult, the point is it's easy. Too easy. And mindnumbingly boring. Anything to speed up the process would be an improvement.
  • spungspung ✭✭
    edited December 2018
    @Shunkou

You missed the point entirely. I was wearing guardian for this demo (I have SC so there is no way I would waste resources on TS+6 to throw away). Also without the usage of talents.

Also, the argument about TS+6 in doing high-level BAMs doesn't make sense since you need to be in full frost to unlock them.

I can also show you DPS doing the same thing in guardian. For a sub 10 sec you need some burst damage to achieve something like that since the gear is way too weak. I mean that's quite obvious.
  • Shunkou wrote: »

I am not sure what the person that did the video really wants to show because using a skill that lasts 20sec and has a 2min+ cooldown is not really that much reliable for farming ( there are classes like ninja with much better damage with equal gear and control considering the stun.. plus it can use slaying which is a visible advantage )

I hope that we will get more channels at least because there is way too much grief there
  • HLK76PFWXT wrote: »

I am not sure what the person that did the video really wants to show because using a skill that lasts 20sec and has a 2min+ cooldown is not really that much reliable for farming ( there are classes like ninja with much better damage with equal gear and control considering the stun.. plus it can use slaying which is a visible advantage )

I hope that we will get more channels at least because there is way too much grief there

Here's guardian slayer
    http://tinypic.com/r/2z6ebe8/9

You're welcome.
  • spung wrote: »
    @Shunkou

You missed the point entirely. I was wearing guardian for this demo (I have SC so there is no way I would waste resources on TS+6 to throw away). Also without the usage of talents.

Also, the argument about TS+6 in doing high-level BAMs doesn't make sense since you need to be in full frost to unlock them.

I can also show you DPS doing the same thing in guardian. For a sub 10 sec you need some burst damage to achieve something like that since the gear is way too weak. I mean that's quite obvious.

@spung

In the moment you used an Awakened toon to prove that a non awakened toon can farm quickly, you lost your own point. We are discussing farming this place for HOURS, so, burst damage is needed always, not once.

I do know how strong is the burst damage of awakeneds, no need to post videos for this, what I was discussing with you, was your point of "it's easy to do with low gear toon", wich affects new players as well.

Please, if you have another point to prove that IOD keens are useless or just uneeded, let us know, but use already awakened toons one I, and as far I can see the others too, do not accept.
  • @Shunkou

I thought I was being clear. What I said is with reference to what you said earlier. In order to tackle high-level BAMs you need min requirement Frost equipment. Having Frost means pushing to apex; there is absolutely no reason not to. In this regard you should be in a far better position than what I demonstrated to you in these videos.

And let's be honest here, all of you are talking about the lower tier BAMs since they give the most reward of the bunch. Its already fast. Making it any more easier will make easier for bots to farm.
  • spung wrote: »
    @Shunkou

I thought I was being clear. What I said is with reference to what you said earlier. In order to tackle high-level BAMs you need min requirement Frost equipment. Having Frost means pushing to apex; there is absolutely no reason not to. In this regard you should be in a far better position than what I demonstrated to you in these videos.

And let's be honest here, all of you are talking about the lower tier BAMs since they give the most reward of the bunch. Its already fast. Making it any more easier will make easier for bots to farm.

Again, having apex and it being able to use all the time, is not true. Priest's one have 2min 40sec CD, not affected by CDR, ninja 3min, zerker 5 min, and the list go on.

Yes, this would probably make easier to "bot farm", but they already exist and they already annoy. Why to screw up the real players in a vain attempt to prevent something that already exist on the game?