[PC] We will be entering into maintenance on 9/17 at 6am PDT, and have an expected downtime of 5 hours. For details, please visit the following link: http://bit.ly/terapcmaintenance

IoD keen motes

Comments

• spung wrote: »
    HLK76PFWXT wrote: »
    Shunkou wrote: »
    The video is this one: http://tinypic.com/r/11cgvlx/9

I am not sure what the person that did the video really wants to show because using a skill that lasts 20sec and has a 2min+ cooldown is not really that much reliable for farming ( there are classes like ninja with much better damage with equal gear and control considering the stun.. plus it can use slaying which is a visible advantage )

I hope that we will get more channels at least because there is way too much grief there

Here's guardian slayer
    http://tinypic.com/r/2z6ebe8/9

You're welcome.

lul guardian gear with awakened skills of course ur gonna kill it fast , still i really dont see a good reason not to increase the drop rate .
  • Galadthas wrote: »
    spung wrote: »
    HLK76PFWXT wrote: »
    Shunkou wrote: »
    The video is this one: http://tinypic.com/r/11cgvlx/9

I am not sure what the person that did the video really wants to show because using a skill that lasts 20sec and has a 2min+ cooldown is not really that much reliable for farming ( there are classes like ninja with much better damage with equal gear and control considering the stun.. plus it can use slaying which is a visible advantage )

I hope that we will get more channels at least because there is way too much grief there

Here's guardian slayer
    http://tinypic.com/r/2z6ebe8/9

You're welcome.

lul guardian gear with awakened skills of course ur gonna kill it fast , still i really dont see a good reason not to increase the drop rate .

I deliberately left out a crucial buff to equalize stance but of course non of you would know.
    Apex or not it would make no difference to me result would be the same. Perhaps you should go learn your classes instead of wasting time on the forum.
  • LizzyEluneLizzyElune ✭✭
    edited December 2018
    i have to agree with @spung on this, IoD is way easy, even for non apex classes (since they would only kill low tier bams anyway). Theres no reason to increase keen motes at all. basic game knowledge is all you need to get 1 vg done in less than 5 minutes, maybe even 2 (thats max i can do :c ) without keen, with keen motes i double that easily D=.

• I deliberately left out a crucial buff to equalize stance but of course non of you would know.
    Apex or not it would make no difference to me result would be the same. Perhaps you should go learn your classes instead of wasting time on the forum.[/quote]

i dont know what you are trying to prove with this video or you leaving out a crucial buff for a slayer good for u , keep killing these bams like that u will finish 16x vanguards in a few hours, anyway
    this post was never about iod being hard or w/e , it was about increasing the rate of keen dawn motes
    i never once said that it was "hard" to kill i only said that increasing the rate would mean less time spent in IoD like in other regions.

• Galadthas wrote: »

i never once said that it was "hard" to kill i only said that increasing the rate would mean less time spent in IoD like in other regions.

but again why are you farming IoD for? what's the reason of doing it? you doing for the loot? to pass time while waiting for IMS? why would you speent 1 hour straight on IoD farming?
  • LizzyElune wrote: »
    Galadthas wrote: »

but again why are you farming IoD for? what's the reason of doing it? you doing for the loot? to pass time while waiting for IMS? why would you speent 1 hour straight on IoD farming?

personally i farm iod for golden talents / ep points daily / tokens to save up ,
    its not like theres another way to get golden talents
  • LizzyEluneLizzyElune ✭✭
    edited December 2018

personally i farm iod for golden talents / ep points daily / tokens to save up ,

then why are we fighting for? i mean low tier bams take less than 5 sec to kill to a fm+0 class, keen motes wont improve that time much anyways LoL
    LizzyElune wrote: »

then why are we fighting for? i mean low tier bams take less than 5 sec to kill to a fm+0 class, keen motes wont improve that time much anyways LoL

exactly why are u fighting this idea for? not like it matters right?
    when u look at the post u can see theres more ppl agreeing than disagreeing
    and when u been farming for hours , less time killin those bams is better than nothing .
  • i would much rather have a permanent movement speed buff to reach bams faster than more keen motes. since we waste more tham jumping from bam to bam than killing them anyway
    i would much rather have a permanent movement speed buff to reach bams faster than more keen motes. since we waste more tham jumping from bam to bam than killing them anyway

honestly its easier to ask for more keen motes than that
  • Well, I'm almost giving up trying to point out all the things that makes it better to just have the keens, because:

Spung - Always against with the main argument as: "It's doable, shouldn't be improved or break the game" because ... no reasons other than the Gold Sellers pointed out so far. (since page 2)
    fromsector7 - Against, but just rage. (since page 2)
    Yamazuki - Against (since page 3), with the argument that people should just learn instead.
    KXRC9JMW74 - Sarcastic and not provided anything usefull to the thread, but appears to be against. (since page 3)
    MatrixOfLeaders - Against, with the point that "Old Scholl days we haven't anything like that". (since page 3)
    LizzyElune - Same as spung.

And as far as I've read again, they did not changed their points. Even being asked to provide a good argument on their points, not only "I think it then should be."

Points placed by me and the other many people that commented:

* IOD is required as farming for Golden Talents
    * IOD is required to get Tokens
    * IOD is required to leveling EP
    * IOD is a boring content and can't be used to train people on a role-based party
    * The content is not HARD, it's EASY, but time-consuming (like first 3 items, but with other words, like KXR and many of spung's arguments)
    * Increase the drop rate is something EME *can do*, unlike perma Hyper Fire Turbo ONLY ON IOD, or any kind of system revamp as it must be done by BHS and we know they will not.
    * It's part of many quest lines now ( 3 if I remember well ), and at least 2 require u to do a carnage there as soon as you get 65 (only guardian gear, right after leveling, new players or new-to-class players don't actually did "good dungeons" only "facetank dungeons")

We are not saying it's undoable, it's hard or things like that. We are asking for a improvement on QoL.

I wish this thread be a Pool, we would see it democractically by majority of votes, I know they probably will not change anything, because while there be 1 player sactisfied with the ongoing situation, then it's fine.

But I can assure you all... 1 hour and 20 minutes ( 5 min as stated by them x 16 vanguards ) per character you wish to farm is not something good for anyone.
  • Shunkou wrote: »
    Well, I'm almost giving up trying to point out all the things that makes it better to just have the keens, because:

Spung - Always against with the main argument as: "It's doable, shouldn't be improved or break the game" because ... no reasons other than the Gold Sellers pointed out so far. (since page 2)
    fromsector7 - Against, but just rage. (since page 2)
    Yamazuki - Against (since page 3), with the argument that people should just learn instead.
    KXRC9JMW74 - Sarcastic and not provided anything usefull to the thread, but appears to be against. (since page 3)
    MatrixOfLeaders - Against, with the point that "Old Scholl days we haven't anything like that". (since page 3)
    LizzyElune - Same as spung.

And as far as I've read again, they did not changed their points. Even being asked to provide a good argument on their points, not only "I think it then should be."

Points placed by me and the other many people that commented:

* IOD is required as farming for Golden Talents
    * IOD is required to get Tokens
    * IOD is required to leveling EP
    * IOD is a boring content and can't be used to train people on a role-based party
    * The content is not HARD, it's EASY, but time-consuming (like first 3 items, but with other words, like KXR and many of spung's arguments)
    * Increase the drop rate is something EME *can do*, unlike perma Hyper Fire Turbo ONLY ON IOD, or any kind of system revamp as it must be done by BHS and we know they will not.
    * It's part of many quest lines now ( 3 if I remember well ), and at least 2 require u to do a carnage there as soon as you get 65 (only guardian gear, right after leveling, new players or new-to-class players don't actually did "good dungeons" only "facetank dungeons")

We are not saying it's undoable, it's hard or things like that. We are asking for a improvement on QoL.

I wish this thread be a Pool, we would see it democractically by majority of votes, I know they probably will not change anything, because while there be 1 player sactisfied with the ongoing situation, then it's fine.

But I can assure you all... 1 hour and 20 minutes ( 5 min as stated by them x 16 vanguards ) per character you wish to farm is not something good for anyone.

i agree with you completely , couldn't have said it any better .
    hopefully eme staff @KitTeaCup sees these posts and opinions and finally implement some changes.
  • @Shunkou

If it takes you 1 hour and 20 min to finish all x16 you're doing something wrong. There's no way I would spend that much time on one set even if I were slacking around. 30 min would be the min time to finish all x16 dailies assuming you're doing the lowest tier ones and 1 hour should be max and that's really pushing it.

All my toons with no exception can finish roughly in 40 min if I stretch it. Most have Frost with some having no-apex yet.
  • spung wrote: »
    @Shunkou

If it takes you 1 hour and 20 min to finish all x16 you're doing something wrong. There's no way I would spend that much time on one set even if I were slacking around. 30 min would be the min time to finish all x16 dailies assuming you're doing the lowest tier ones and 1 hour should be max and that's really pushing it.

All my toons with no exception can finish roughly in 40 min if I stretch it. Most have Frost with some having no-apex yet.

Just pointed the math for the post's data. Someone said 5 min per clear. I don't have 1 hour to spend farming those things, usually I just sit on lower gear bc no mats and run low dungeons for fun.
  • spungspung ✭✭
    edited December 2018
    I'd rather have them decrease the spawn time than increase the keen drop, because that's whats holding me back from finishing faster as I cannot decrease that 30 min as I have to wait for spawns.