[TERA PC & Console] En Masse is closing, but TERA lives on! We will continue to support TERA PC (NA) and TERA Console until services are transferred. Our Service Moving Info page is now live here: https://bit.ly/tera_service_moving

Santas - please spawn more :(

Pls Pls have more santas spawn.... It is no fun searching for an hour to find only one...

Comments

• Ikr I remember how it used to be with lots of santas everywhere. It's no fun anymore. Hell I still have santa candles in the bank from long ago lol.
  • LolitaaLolitaa ✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    IM GONNA join in on this and complain.
    I've searched for edit:4 hours and havent found one fat santa.
    BOI
  • ChristinChristin ✭✭✭✭
    Three hours here, and I will admit that I have seen tiny santas (not even worth killing tbh), but I have yet to find one big santa. It's beyond sad. I am super desperate for the Frosty Snowman Footsteps, but there aren't even any on the broker. Are they tradable? I know they are really rare, but when I can't even find any fat santas, I don't know what to do.
  • Someone linked it on world chat earlier. It's not tradeable. I had a good time killing Fat santas 2 hours after the patch hit. Took a break. Then never saw one for hours ever again.
  • The first day of hunting wasn't so bad for me. I got 2 steps, 1 hidden weapon, and a lot of the more common drops. Fat Santas were rare, but felt good to find some after hours of searching. Aiming to acquire 3 more steps and 4 more hidden weapons before the loot table changes.
  • RKCRKC ✭✭✭
    what do they even drop?
  • RKC wrote: »
    what do they even drop?

Fat Santas 12/11 to 12/26
    LOOT TABLE 12/11 to 12/18: [loot table will change!]
    Frosty Snowman Footsteps x 1 extra rare
    Transparent Mask x 1 extra rare
    Hidden Weapon Sheath x 1 extra rare
    30% Item XP Boost (1 Day) x 1 extra rare
    Tera Reward Loot Box 1 x 1 rare
    Snowflake Bomb x 5 uncommon
    30% EP Boost (1 hour) x 1 uncommon
    Superior Noctenium Elixir x 1 uncommon
    Golden Daric x 8 uncommon
    Silver Siglo x 2 uncommon
  • I pointed this out back in April with the Easter egg thief event even posting a video showing how it used to be. I expected the same shenanigans with the santas. They make the spawns so low that it becomes pointless to do the event at all. This is the eme staff over the last year they are very much against giving out too much loot on events either dumbing down event to make they 0 fun and waste of time to replacing them entirely with pay events.

I remember back when spacecats had just left, watching a twitch with the new employees and them complaining about giving out codes and people putting them on forums for others to use claiming that they were gonna stop that practise and sure enough they did. These people don't realise that the generous events of the past was what make people happy and actualy want to play the events.
  • ChristinChristin ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    MaiAura wrote: »
    I pointed this out back in April with the Easter egg thief event even posting a video showing how it used to be. I expected the same shenanigans with the santas. They make the spawns so low that it becomes pointless to do the event at all. This is the eme staff over the last year they are very much against giving out too much loot on events either dumbing down event to make they 0 fun and waste of time to replacing them entirely with pay events.

I remember back when spacecats had just left, watching a twitch with the new employees and them complaining about giving out codes and people putting them on forums for others to use claiming that they were gonna stop that practise and sure enough they did. These people don't realise that the generous events of the past was what make people happy and actualy want to play the events.

It never works anyways, because you will always have people like DXM that have hours upon hours to farm and will brag about all of the loot they get. It's like we better no life this game or else. I will try to no life this then seeing as the footsteps aren't tradable. I just want one set of them for my main anyways.

The santas only seem to spawn in certain areas. I also think people get confused between the tiny santas and the fat santas. I did spend some time yesterday fishing and completing Legion quests, so it really is my fault. I should have been searching for santas all day yesterday like a good girl. My bad.

I totally agree with you though. Back when EME was generous, my pocketbook was open. Now, it's closed tighter than an angry clam. People can't even get parties together for Wintera. It's not like having the prizes super rare gets me to put more time into the game, more like it just controls what I do while I play. The funny thing is, that with every prize we get for free, we are working and paying for cosmetics to go with them. Oh well, it is what it is.

Plus, I knew this is what was going to happen once they merged servers. More people competing for the same low spawn rate. Three servers worth of people competing for the same fat santas over a third of the previous amount of land.
  • this is for avoid super hyper flood droops drom gorudos hallowen event

since up spamw rated many santas will be exploit since they stakend in somes places

• ChristinChristin ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    this is for avoid super hyper flood droops drom gorudos hallowen event

since up spamw rated many santas will be exploit since they stakend in somes places

No one even asked for them to do hyper flood drops. I am not sure what you mean by the rest.

I will try for a few more hours, but it's almost better for me to give up and go with the gift box steps. I am sure those will be tradable. It's easier to earn a couple hundred gold than it seems to be in finding a fat santa.
  • DXMDXM ✭✭
    edited December 2018
    Christin wrote: »
    people like DXM that have hours upon hours to farm and will brag about all of the loot they get. It's like we better no life this game or else. I will try to no life this then seeing as the footsteps aren't tradable. I just want one set of them for my main anyways.
    Well that was uncalled for. I didn't brag; I just posted my experience with the event and my goals for the event.
  • edited December 2018
    It never works anyways, because you will always have people [...] that have hours upon hours to farm and will brag about all of the loot they get. It's like we better no life this game or else. I will try to no life this then seeing as the footsteps aren't tradable. I just want one set of them for my main anyways.

This is why I've said for a long time they need to have events that have a threshold for a "big prize" and then incremental prizes after that.

For example, imagine if each character/account (depending on the prize) were sent a single conversion cube, and all the santas dropped tokens in addition to random other stuff. After you collect <x> tokens (whatever amount is deemed fair), you can convert it into an untradeable "grand prize" for the event. You can only get that grand prize once, and then after that you can continue farming if you want but you'll get the incremental prizes.

That way, everyone who participates at a certain base level is guaranteed to get a nice prize for the event, but people with lots of time can farm for incrementally-better rewards (but not, like, break the bank amazing). You can also then afford to increase the spawn rates without worrying that your hardcore players are going to break the economy or balance.

Spawn events like this were severely gimped because of various "exploits" in the past (both involving proxy and not), so it doesn't surprise me that they start it so slow. It also doesn't help that they're spreading it out over multiple weeks, and want to ramp it up over time (so the start feels particularly slow/miserly). But yeah, as a result, it doesn't feel like an "event" to people either. There has to be a better way.
  • Well i guess can give them some credit atleast the prizes this time are not bad some new items that are permanent, it's a step in the right direction I guess.
  • ChristinChristin ✭✭✭✭
    It never works anyways, because you will always have people [...] that have hours upon hours to farm and will brag about all of the loot they get. It's like we better no life this game or else. I will try to no life this then seeing as the footsteps aren't tradable. I just want one set of them for my main anyways.

This is why I've said for a long time they need to have events that have a threshold for a "big prize" and then incremental prizes after that.

For example, imagine if each character/account (depending on the prize) were sent a single conversion cube, and all the santas dropped tokens in addition to random other stuff. After you collect <x> tokens (whatever amount is deemed fair), you can convert it into an untradeable "grand prize" for the event. You can only get that grand prize once, and then after that you can continue farming if you want but you'll get the incremental prizes.

That way, everyone who participates at a certain base level is guaranteed to get a nice prize for the event, but people with lots of time can farm for incrementally-better rewards (but not, like, break the bank amazing). You can also then afford to increase the spawn rates without worrying that your hardcore players are going to break the economy or balance.

Spawn events like this were severely gimped because of various "exploits" in the past (both involving proxy and not), so it doesn't surprise me that they start it so slow. It also doesn't help that they're spreading it out over multiple weeks, and want to ramp it up over time (so the start feels particularly slow/miserly). But yeah, as a result, it doesn't feel like an "event" to people either. There has to be a better way.

I kind of agree with you. While many of us playing this event can't even find one fat santa, some end up with multiples of the maxed prize and somewhat ruin it for the rest of us by making it seem as though the drop rate is too high. I mean if I heard someone say they have found multiple steps and plan to farm for steps for all of their characters, I'd think I'd made the drop rate too high. I know they can't help themselves, but gosh, at least try not to make it even worse for the rest of us. Maybe going with a token system like they did with the Anniversary Event was a better idea, and they could just limit the main prize to redeemable once per account or whatever. That way, we all have a chance to get the main prize without some ending up spending countless hours only to get nothing.
    DXM wrote: »
    people like DXM that have hours upon hours to farm and will brag about all of the loot they get. It's like we better no life this game or else. I will try to no life this then seeing as the footsteps aren't tradable. I just want one set of them for my main anyways.
    Well that was uncalled for. I didn't brag; I just posted my experience with the event and my goals for the event.

Really? Because you did the exact same thing for the Anniversary Event earlier this year. Habit maybe? What irks me the most is that you ended up totally cashing in on the increased drop rate we did end up getting. So, yeah, it is really annoying when you do that. Sorry, but it is.