[PC] We will be entering into maintenance on 03/25 (Wed) at 8:00 am PST, and will have an estimated downtime of approximately 3 hours. For details, please visit the following link: http://bit.ly/terapcmaintenance

Server went down again suddenly?

I just logged in and was online for like 10 min when suddenly server went down again, and now i can't get in. Is it only me or did anyone else get thrown out?

Comments

• Next maintenance is scheduled for Thursday, December 13 from 8 - 11 am PST (three hours).
  • There's a big orange banner above your very post, not to mention the announcements on logging in.... and on the launcher....
  • Yep, the maintenance started then the servers went up, i logged in for a few mins and server went down again.

I'm guessing they weren't done yet, yesterday though they did say the maintenance today would last 1 hour.
  • You guys didn't even read their post. The servers went down for maintenance then it went back up briefly only to suddenly go back down again. Some were able to log-in during that time.
  • Vy1Vivi wrote: »
    You guys didn't even read their post. The servers went down for maintenance then it went back up briefly only to suddenly go back down again. Some were able to log-in during that time.

Maintenance started at about 8:10 pst
  • It never went down then back up. We were all online fishing till about 10-11 after, then it went down. At least, on Velika. Can't say for Kaiator.
  • Vy1ViviVy1Vivi ✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    No I came back way after 11:10 (I'm EST), was able to go into the server, then it shut down suddenly again. At least for Kaiator.
  • In IT, sometimes, we need to do complete server bounces (reboots) repeatedly depending on what the nature of the actions are during maintenance windows. In almost every case those bounces have the natural effect of bringing online all normal services.

Who knows? Maybe they also had to perform patch management? Perhaps the underlying kernel needed to updated (which certainly requires a reboot, period, even with any form of Linux).

When, in IT, we state a scheduled maintenance window, we try our best to stick to that window. We tend to provide a buffered window meaning that we prefer to over estimate just in case something goes wrong during maintenance. This allows us some breathing room without users getting all upset while we sweat in blood and tears trying to fix whatever did not go as smoothly as planned. At times, scheduled maintenance windows get blown and exceed their coordinated time schedules. Unfortunately, this happens more it seems with EME (perhaps I am incorrect).

Just please, the scheduled window has been very well stated and socialized: 0800 - 1100 UTC-0800 (PST) as another poster pointed out the big orange banner at the top here as well as in the game launcher (granted, only when you are entering your log in credentials). We are still in the maintenance window. If you wind up being able to log in during that time don't get upset that you get booted out from whatever you were doing because the server shutdown / bounced. You should know better.
  • no more win 95 in server
  • Nice big red banner now. I wonder what the specific problem(s) is(are)? I wonder if EME tracks their performance and puts into place new measures to increase reliability of maintenance windows? Maybe they just need all new technical staff... maybe that's the problem.

Does anyone actually know if EME has their own infrastructure or did they outsource their infrastructure (PaaS and IaaS)?