[TERA PC] Summersilk season is here! Pick up Summersilk Robes in the TERA store until August 3. Plus, earn a free Summersilk Robe in our leveling event: https://bit.ly/TERA_summersilk
[TERA Console] To celebrate the launch of the Awakening update, participate in the Awakening Leveling Event! Plus, get free items upon your first post-update log-in. Details: https://bit.ly/awkn_events
[TERA Console] The Awakening update (v84) is now live on all console servers! Read the patch notes here: https://bit.ly/v84notes

What about the ninja Ninja nerf??

2»

Comments

• Vy1ViviVy1Vivi ✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    I always thought
    Treant342 wrote: »
    Now why again? How about we get reaper, warrior, zerker or valkyrie nerfed too? And substantially so.

Or the actual OP classes: Gunner & Archer.

It was ninja and archer that were OP with the coming of apex, not gunner. Gunner is just a potentially top DPS if you're skilled with the class. Nothing over-powered about it though. I'm not surprised they nerfed ninja, but surprised they didn't nerf other classes too.
  • spung wrote: »
    Its a well deserved nerf. I played against all types of people from players wearing the same set as me to inferior. There's always that one percentage of people that I could not surpass no matter how much I try and this applies to almost all classes I have played against... this could do to all different factors like living next to servers, having a really good gaming setup, using scripts, etc.

Ninja nerf is most definitely not well deserved. I struggle to maintain a 3M/s damage in 446+ dungeons. I've seen other Ninja's easy sustain 5M/s. Part of it is my current build out which I just need to address one accessory item. I am certainly not the best Ninja out there, and I know it and am more than happy to admit it (same applies to other classes).

I do not use scripts, proxies, etc at all. I have a good gaming setup, but definitely could be better. I am never a space bar hero; what's the point of playing if that's what you do? But, if that works for some and that's what they enjoy, then to each their own.
  • spung wrote: »
    Its a well deserved nerf. I played against all types of people from players wearing the same set as me to inferior. There's always that one percentage of people that I could not surpass no matter how much I try and this applies to almost all classes I have played against... this could do to all different factors like living next to servers, having a really good gaming setup, using scripts, etc.

Ninja nerf is most definitely not well deserved. I struggle to maintain a 3M/s damage in 446+ dungeons. I've seen other Ninja's easy sustain 5M/s. Part of it is my current build out which I just need to address one accessory item. I am certainly not the best Ninja out there, and I know it and am more than happy to admit it (same applies to other classes).

I do not use scripts, proxies, etc at all. I have a good gaming setup, but definitely could be better. I am never a space bar hero; what's the point of playing if that's what you do? But, if that works for some and that's what they enjoy, then to each their own.

Exactly? They're sustaining 5M/s on 446s easily since apex. Which is why some people claim that they should have been nerfed.
  • Vy1Vivi wrote: »
    spung wrote: »

Exactly? They're sustaining 5M/s on 446s easily since apex. Which is why some people claim that they should have been nerfed.

And I have seen warriors and reapers sustain similar damage as well as I am certain you all have too. Again, I'm back to maybe there simply needs to be a complete re-balance across the board?
  • As someone in another thread linked, here are the patch changes, included class buffs and nerfs: https://seraphinush-gaming.tumblr.com/post/178271867808/ktera-patch-20180920

According to that pretty much every class got a buff while Archer and Ninja got nerfed. Did warrior really need more buffs?
  • DvsvDvsv ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    spung wrote: »
    ChrisL wrote: »
    i was wondering what happened to my dps,honestly i was doing decent keeping up with dps with the same gear,now i have to use sup nocts and im still behind other dps with lower gear...i call [filtered]. you think a cloth melee would actually deserve to have good dps being that they are so squishy and can get 1 shot just by getting clipped from melee hits,but naah.

But whatever.

Your problem is that you seem to think youre the best at what you do, anyway not one class deserved a nerf at this point especially not this big [filtered] nerf ninja just got, if anything it shouldve been a fix for this reaper bug because it is 110% broken. They should've just buffed the weaker classes to be on par with current strong ones. Now, we just get more cancerous dg's as if it wasn't bad enough, they remove velik's buff too.. zzzzzzzzzzzzz

Your problem is that you think Tera is a serious competitive e-sport where skill matters lol.
    When i was active in Tera's endgame scene i ALWAYs wondered why only a few players (always the same faces from the same guilds) deals SO much more dps than me (like even 50% more!) with the SAME gear.
    I always tried to improve my rotations, party comp, optimize pr0xy and fix lag issues but no matter what, my mistakes were all very minor and the max i could improve was like 10% with a lot of effort...
    Then back on Apex 1 patch when they released that super broken zerk (now nerfed to the ground for legit players hahaha!) i realized how naive i was, in fact most of endgame zerker were exploiting the game with paid scripts form a very "famous" dude, they are still using that script to undo the nerf and also on way more classes now (gunner, lancer, etc..)
    You can also take your time and search Tera's sub reddit for a very long post from one of the best lancer on NA telling all the scripts he used lol.
    So yeah, go ahead and waste your time on Tera trying to compete with cheaters lol..

About class balancing: From someone active from 2015-2018, BHS NEVER EVER tried to balance ANYTHING on this game, the only thing they did was "class rotation" to force ppl to reroll.
    So, you think Ninja is weak? Just reroll to archer and enjoy being super OP dealing 30~50% more dps than Apex 1 classes for ~4 months then, by the time you are Full HO+3, you can can trash everything again and reroll to the next broken class that for sure will deal 30~50% more dps than your archer lol.
    Or just play a game with a serious competitive scene where skill really matters ;)
  • @Dvsv you bring some good points there. I personally see the utilization of proxies and scripts as cheating. Fundamentally, I just want to enjoy the game, which I do. I try not to focus too much at all on the DPS others are dealing. But I do try to find areas where I can improve that output by the same token through gear and roll tweaks and rotations.
  • clfarron4clfarron4 ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    ? Why can I not find anything about this in the patch notes? Tryna sneak in this [filtered]

For regions outside of Korea, the nerf to Boomerang Shuriken was applied when Awakening 2 happened, so it doesn't need to be documented because it already happened months ago.
  • I wonder if that was in the patch notes at the time?
  • 6AWC3DP9PR6AWC3DP9PR ✭✭
    edited December 2018
    As someone in another thread linked, here are the patch changes, included class buffs and nerfs: https://seraphinush-gaming.tumblr.com/post/178271867808/ktera-patch-20180920

According to that pretty much every class got a buff while Archer and Ninja got nerfed. Did warrior really need more buffs?

That is not the same patch as the Boomerang Shuriken nerf Ninja already got like @clfarron4 says. It is in fact a patch which Korea has yet to receive.

Also, it was not in the patch notes. Many balance changes ahead of the actual content patch we got were bundled with it, and that would not be the first time it had happened. We tend not to receive patch notes for content that isn't yet in our build of the game.