Returning player with many questions.

So, I bought the CE back in 2012 and stopped playing shortly after, and decided to give it a try to fill some dead time.
Had to move to a new server to play with a friend and I have no clue if there is any way to claim the white lion mount in the new char -my old character is still well and alive and has the mount-.

Besides that, can anyone point me to any source of info about the changes of the game from 2012 until now? Barely remember a few things and I'm super lost.

Comments

• I only started in 2016 and even since then there have been a ton of changes. Here is what I can add just to start:
    • New gear progression system once you hit level 65
    • Not necessary to obtain gear designs any more
    • Level 65 gear progression: Guardian (obtainable through Dougal quest at Highwatch city) > Twistshard > Frostmetal > Stormcry > Heroic Oath
    • Gear items gain XP
    • Enchanting materials for gear items depends on tier of gear (look at Essential Mana set for gear revamp)
    • Enchanting and upgrading gear also requires gold
    • Once a gear item has been enchanted to its maximum it can be upgraded to next tier (this is why we designs are not needed anymore)
    • Enchanting and upgrading of gear becomes more difficult (and hence more costly for materials and gold) as enchantment levels increase as well as gear tier
    • There is no longer specific gear for PVP
    • Gear stat rolls can be chosen when obtained, upgraded or by applying semi-enigmatic scrolls
    • There is no such thing for level 65 gear as feedstock or alkahest
    • Current maximum ilvl is 456
    • Tons of new dungeons since 2012
    • Various token shops (IoD dawnfall and dawnstorm, entropic, metamorphic and more I can't remember right now)
    • Talent system was added to NA within past few months
    • Fishing update just dropped this past Tuesday
    • Completely new gathering materials; over 90% of all old gathered materials are now obsolete (can be sold to NPC merchants)
    • Any dungeons that were end game in 2012 are no longer end game

There's definitely more...
  • VenakriVenakri ✭✭
    edited December 2018
    There is a lot different from 2012 era. Since you didn't play much, just forget everything you thought you knew and start a new character pretending this is a new game.

Also, the lion mount should be in your item claim. So, TERA Store (Menu Icon) > Item Claim > Account Items (tab)

Here's a couple of links;

New Crafting System https://essentialmana.com/gathering-and-crafting-revamp/

Current(ish) Gear Guide https://essentialmana.com/gathering-and-crafting-revamp/
  • Thanks for the information!

Just got to around level 26 with my friend and done the first dungeon a couple of times, and tried the weirdest PvP I have ever played.

Is there anything to know when leveling from 1 to 65? Or is it just a straightforward path?
    And about crafting, when should I worry about it? (Doing the daily and weekly challenge thingies I got a few rubies and other jewelry stuff that I don't know if sell or keep until later.

And I found the lion, couldn't find it the first time because I'm blind.
  • Crafting is more end game, so, when you at least get to level 65. You can do it before then, but, you probably won't have enough in game gold to support it.

Oh yeah, I think I forgot to mention: crafting was revamped as a consequence of the fishing update.
  • What about the rubies, amethyst and such? Should I sell them for easy gold or keep them for later on? And is it worth gather everything I see or is it not worth?
  • Amethysts and Pearls to my knowledge have no use anymore, so I wait until I have a stack of them and sell to the NPC. Depending on if you are going to get into crafting (Alchemy - which makes the gems) depends on rather you save them or sell them. You need Emeralds for enchanting Frostmetal ( I'm pretty sure Twistshard requires no gems to enchant) and you can make Emeralds by crafting but you have to turn Rubies into Sapphires and then Sapphires into Emeralds. Then once you get to higher gear you will need Diamonds, which you make by using Emeralds. So since you're leveling, if you need gold you could sell stacks of Rubies on the trade broker or if crafting is something you want to do I would save them.
  • Once you get into Twistshard you will need to use Golden Talents for enchanting. Frostmetal will require you to use Golden Darics for enchanting (can be crafted as part of Smelting profession, Artisan level, from 5 x Golden Talents). Finally, once you get into Stormcry you will need to use Golden Plates for enchanting (can be crafted as part of the Smelting profession, Mastery level, from 5 x Golden Darics).

Golden Talents, Golden Darics and Golden Plates can all be traded and sold. As are the r ubies, sapphires, emeralds and diamonds (explicitly ignoring amethyst and pearls since they have no use for gear progression).

At some point you will want to upgrade your jewelry... for that you will require Silver Talents, Silver Siglos and Silver Plates. Silver Siglos and Silver Plates are part of the Processing profession and require Artisan level and Mastery level respectively. All three of these materials can be traded and sold.

Welcome back to the game!
  • vkobevkobe ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, I bought the CE back in 2012 and stopped playing shortly after, and decided to give it a try to fill some dead time.
    Had to move to a new server to play with a friend and I have no clue if there is any way to claim the white lion mount in the new char -my old character is still well and alive and has the mount-.

Besides that, can anyone point me to any source of info about the changes of the game from 2012 until now? Barely remember a few things and I'm super lost.

you miss all the best of tera and now stuck with the worst of tera ;)
  • vkobe wrote: »

you miss all the best of tera and now stuck with the worst of tera ;)

Oof, that isn't very good to know! But for now it is just a past time while waiting for new content in FFXIV, not much to do when you have already done everything x)