Gifting Center Feedback

Using this threads here as reference:
https://forums.enmasse.com/tera/discussion/30195/permanent-pale-writer-dress#latest
https://forums.enmasse.com/tera/discussion/30193/dyad-structures-in-golden-gift-boxes-is-a-massive-ripoff#latest

I'm here to suggest some changes to make it better for everyone either gifting or receiving the gift. Please if you have nothing constructive to say, move on, I really want this to be read and properly answered by EME.

If i have to compare, this year golden gift boxes and the gifting center, would be much better than last year, if it weren't for 2 crucial factors: The elin only account bound costume, and the Dyad structures.

If by some unfortunate chance, you gift a box to your friend, and he/she ends up getting dyad structures, which you can pretty much farm in game, lets be honest, it would be a letdown for both the one who sent the gift and the one who received it.

20 dyad structures is a slap in the face. I have over 300 of those and i got them all using in game methods. 8 smart structures? those are a bit harder to come by, but still can be obtained in game fairly simple. Im sure that everyone will agree with me that dyad structures arent really a gift and should be removed or replaced from the golden gift box.

Now onto the rewards for the good Santas. 1 gift sent and you get santa suit, fair enough, its the same reward every year and its ok. 2nd reward is some cool footsteps, which are good, except the santa skull mask. There is a lot of those in the broker already and that is more like a halloween costume, plus is ugly. I dont think the good Santas should receive a skull mask. The 4th reward is the same. Mount? good, Scarf? good. Skull mask??? nope. 4th reward is self explanatory, and i believe is good enough.

But the 3rd reward is the one thats not ok. Same as last year, its an elin only account bound costume. Literally the only ones who will benefit from it will be those who have an army of elins. But is not for everyone. Some players dont even play elin. How about we change that to something we can all use?

Down to suggestions. My suggestions would be:
- Change the skull masks for something more Christmas themed, How about you bring back the Kelsaik Crown for the 2nd reward, and for the 4th reward you bring back the permanent Fiery Halo? More suggestions would be welcomed.
- Change the dyad structures, for Strongbox keys stacks of 50. This is what made the hyperboxes better than most, because the strongbox keys are coveted by everyone and would be a nice gift for just about anyone. You can either use them, or sell them for some good chunk of gold.
- Replace the Elin only costume in the 3rd reward, for somethng everyone can use. My suggestion would be the Bomber Dyable outfit. Its good looking, its dyable, it can be used by both male and female. Account bound would be so nice.

Please @KitTeaCup We would like this to be addressed properly this time. Thank you.

Comments

• YamazukiYamazuki ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rewards are unlikely to change [no plans to].
  • DL7MMWLJ3WDL7MMWLJ3W ✭✭✭✭
    You are trying way too hard.

That's my constructive message to you.

Not trying to troll either...

You saw that they have no obligations to change it and gives you the middle finger. Lots of ppl tried man and given up because of this crap cause this isn't the only time they pulled this off.
  • edited December 2018
    The problem is that at this point it's too late. Now that it's already out, people have bought it, gifted it, and opened it. Turning around and changing the rewards is a giant disaster that could lead to massive compensation schemes, granting refunds, lots of support time, etc. etc. Even if it sucks (and even if everyone on the forum decides the new thing is unarguably better), it's better for them at this point to say "it is what it is" for legal reasons, as long as they got what it said they could/would get.

The only real answer for things like this is to seek input before launch.

• The only real answer for things like this is to seek input before launch.

Good thing somebody sought input or community leaders asked for details XD
  • edited December 2018
    HitAhARD16 wrote: »

Good thing somebody sought input or community leaders asked for details XD

They know where to find us...

But anyway, for better or worse, we don't generally provide input on anything related to the cash shop, since it's driven by business decisions. This is one particular sort of case where more feedback about the specific rewards could have helped, but who knows. I'm sure time is always a factor too in getting these things launched in a coordinated way.
  • MeningitisMeningitis ✭✭✭✭
    The problem is that at this point it's too late. Now that it's already out, people have bought it, gifted it, and opened it. Turning around and changing the rewards is a giant disaster that could lead to massive compensation schemes, granting refunds, lots of support time, etc. etc. Even if it sucks (and even if everyone on the forum decides the new thing is unarguably better), it's better for them at this point to say "it is what it is" for legal reasons, as long as they got what it said they could/would get.

While I understand this, somebody at En Masse sat back and thought "hmmm yes 20 dyad structures for $25. Good idea" in the first place. Whoever the heck green lit this crap is either super out of touch with what stuff is worth or willingly put it into the box knowing it was worth not even $1. Both explanations are quite bad.
  • edited December 2018
    Meningitis wrote: »

While I understand this, somebody at En Masse sat back and thought "hmmm yes 20 dyad structures for $25. Good idea" in the first place. Whoever the heck green lit this crap is either super out of touch with what stuff is worth or willingly put it into the box knowing it was worth not even $1. Both explanations are quite bad.

I bet I can guess how they figured that out too. They most likely just looked at the pool for regular lootboxes (like this one), took the average you might get in each consumable category, and multiplied it by the price. Right now, you could spend $1.50 on that lootbox and get 300 metamorphics and 1 regular dyad or maybe 2. These are roughly between $20 and $25 (depending on multi-buy), so it can give you 20 (and the gifter's prize takes place of the metamorphics).

So basically, the problem is that the lootbox pool is also bad, so building these quantities based on that was going to feel bad. Plus, it's totally different to get a bum prize in a $1.50 lootbox (where you will likely open more than one at a time) than getting a bum prize from a $20-25 box (where someone might only ever receive one).

I totally agree that it would suck to receive that gift.