Need some help understanding fishing prices

We get BAF bait from emp store,and the cost of a high tier rod ends up in the millions, even more time and gold if you go for high tier whiskers..but what does it really give back from putting the time and gold into it? i looked around and can not find anything you can do with higher tier/more BAFs that you can not do with a tier 2 or 3 rod..(for cooking especially, since the main thing is gathering anyway..why?) is fishing just a waste of time and gold?

Comments

• ZoknahalZoknahal ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you have a character that is master in Smelting, you can create Fish Crates V, which sell to the fishing merchant for 1.5k each. since you can sell 3 daily, thats 4.5k daily.

There is also a merchant that exchanges high grade fish for meta tokes. The higher the grade of the fish, the more tokens you can get, and you can turn in 300 daily. and of course, you need a higher tier rod for that.

I dont know where i saw someone, probably in the tera discord, saying that with the highest grade rod, he or she was making like thousands upon thousands of gold daily. I would need to check.

But as far as im concerned, higher grade rod = higher grade fishes = more angler tokens per catch = you can gear up a couple of fishing rods for alts and make fish crates V and turn them in on each alt for 4.5k daily.
  • Sell fishing crates is per account xd you can only sell 3 item every 24 hours the 4.5k per alt character is fake.

I tried to complete fishing quest in different characters, after sold my 3 daily items quest sell a fish crate 1, to a merchant. I 've tried with a four character, but surprise, you can only sell 3 items per account. Every 24 hours.
  • ZoknahalZoknahal ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gatokatzen wrote: »
    Sell fishing crates is per account xd you can only sell 3 item every 24 hours the 4.5k per alt character is fake.

I tried to complete fishing quest in different characters, after sold my 3 daily items quest sell a fish crate 1, to a merchant. I 've tried with a four character, but surprise, you can only sell 3 items per account. Every 24 hours.

hmmm thats good info that i was missing. Thanx. I still need to see what i can do with higher tier rods other than getting my achievements and more angler tokens per catch.
  • GatokatzenGatokatzen ✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    > @Zoknahal said:
    > hmmm thats good info that i was missing. Thanx. I still need to see what i can do with higher tier rods other than getting my achievements and more angler tokens per catch.

Yep , i believed it was a bug. After BAF correction patch, remains exactly the same. If you sell 3 items to a fish merchant in exchange for gold. You cannot do it again for 24 hours xd. In your account.
    .If rod were tradeable and you have many accounts might works the 4.5k per account.

Guess devs already know the exploit possibilities.

For farm tokens it works get a better rod. Cause every high tier fish gift you a lot of Angler tokens. And 500 gold every 10 fish. If you have 12 characters you can share your rod. And get 500 gold x12 while fishing for angler tokens.
    Still a good way to make free gold.
  • SerenadeSerenade ✭✭
    edited December 2018
    Sell fishing crates is per account xd you can only sell 3 item every 24 hours the 4.5k per alt character is fake.

fI6L0Te.png You can make multiple accounts.
  • > @Serenade said:
    > You can make multiple accounts.

True but you need almost 5 gaming PC executing TERA, at the same time to share between accounts.

Thats imposible, no person going play TERA live , with 5 keyboards, Mouses or televisions . Xd, too much wasted money or extreme fanatism.
  • ZoknahalZoknahal ✭✭✭✭✭
    > @Zoknahal said:
    > hmmm thats good info that i was missing. Thanx. I still need to see what i can do with higher tier rods other than getting my achievements and more angler tokens per catch.

Yep , i believed it was a bug. After BAF correction patch, remains exactly the same. If you sell 3 items to a fish merchant in exchange for gold. You cannot do it again for 24 hours xd. In your account.
    .If rod were tradeable and you have many accounts might works the 4.5k per account.

Guess devs already know the exploit possibilities.

For farm tokens it works get a better rod. Cause every high tier fish gift you a lot of Angler tokens. And 500 gold every 10 fish. If you have 12 characters you can share your rod. And get 500 gold x12 while fishing for angler tokens.
    Still a good way to make free gold.

interesting, So you dont sell the fish to the fishing merchant, but to the regular merchants? or do you talk about the vanguard? isnt selling high grade fish to a regular merchant would be better?
  • I've been making around 100k daily since fishing patch
  • ZoknahalZoknahal ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe OP wants to know how to directly turn fishing into gold without having to craft the dishes.
  • > @Zoknahal said:
    > Gatokatzen wrote: »
    >
    > > @Zoknahal said:
    > > hmmm thats good info that i was missing. Thanx. I still need to see what i can do with higher tier rods other than getting my achievements and more angler tokens per catch.
    >
    > Yep , i believed it was a bug. After BAF correction patch, remains exactly the same. If you sell 3 items to a fish merchant in exchange for gold. You cannot do it again for 24 hours xd. In your account.
    > .If rod were tradeable and you have many accounts might works the 4.5k per account.
    >
    > Guess devs already know the exploit possibilities.
    >
    > For farm tokens it works get a better rod. Cause every high tier fish gift you a lot of Angler tokens. And 500 gold every 10 fish. If you have 12 characters you can share your rod. And get 500 gold x12 while fishing for angler tokens.
    > Still a good way to make free gold.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > interesting, So you dont sell the fish to the fishing merchant, but to the regular merchants? or do you talk about the vanguard? isnt selling high grade fish to a regular merchant would be better?

Selling fishing crates or BAF fish per gold is only possible via fishing merchants.

But there is a daily vanguard that gifts you 500 gold free bait and 20 angler tokens if you catch 10 fish with your char. If you have more than 8 characters. Or even more you can get 8x or x12 the vanguard reward. Thats a lot fo angler tokens , bait and gold for free.
  • ChrisLChrisL Probably not playing this dead game. ✭✭
    At the moment i got the tier 5 rod and tier 5 whiskers,the gold dump wasn't that bad for those so far but getting any higher will cost A LOT of gold and time. My main question or concern is if i spend 300k for the T7 upgrade,or even 1MIL for the last T8 upgrade,would it change anything besides getting a couple more filets and Anglers tokens per hour? at the moment i can still go gather 2-3 nodes for gathering and still make more gold than i would in 20 minutes of fishing lol. I do enjoy fishing but not enough to throw away all of my gold to fish for filets and tokens(that you will barely need if your not upgrading rod anyway) that gain little to no gold but i hoped that i was missing something in my search for the rewards of going through the time and pain of farming a T8 rod haha.
  • spungspung ✭✭
    edited December 2018
    Zoknahal wrote: »
    I believe OP wants to know how to directly turn fishing into gold without having to craft the dishes.

Your income mainly comes from crafting dishes. I don't think you can make much from selling fishes alone.

My approach is getting the finest bait first. Then start working on my rod little by little since I brought in lots of tokens from those premium lures.
  • Crafting dishes isn't really a very good market, by now over half the players have Artisan Cooking and are flooding the market with dishes/making their own so they don't need to buy. It's very easy to hit Artisan so this is gonna be a problem :/

I guess that's it then? 4.5k a day? They said it was a profitable thing but... I guess we're better off just gathering and selling mats?
  • Crafting dishes isn't really a very good market, by now over half the players have Artisan Cooking and are flooding the market with dishes/making their own so they don't need to buy. It's very easy to hit Artisan so this is gonna be a problem :/

I guess that's it then? 4.5k a day? They said it was a profitable thing but... I guess we're better off just gathering and selling mats?

That's how the market works as the market gets saturated you need to stay ahead of the curve in order to reap higher rewards.

You should aim for mastery by now and start crafting buffet dishes.
    And of course you need to constantly upgrade to have the edge.
  • I do, the master ones are basically on the same boat, except they sell even less often. Prices have already plummeted though. It's not really a good crafting class for making money, more of a convenience to have for yourself in order to save a few bucks every now and then.

Fishing in general was advertised as a nice way to make money but yeah, its just 4.5k a day after you dump a LOT of cash in order to get to a level where making those 4.5k is a quick and easy process, not to mention getting the designs, etc.

Long story short, it's a fun activity and all, lots of free achievement points, but if what you want is money, dungeons are still miles better.