Need some help understanding fishing prices

Comments

• ChrisLChrisL Probably not playing this dead game. ✭✭
    Alright thanks for all the help,Already got the Bait V and close to the T6 rod but ill stop there unless something changes and stick to my phones fishing games =). I thought as you got a higher tier fishing rod you would fish up more than fish,like loot boxes or treasure chests with random gems. Kinda sad about the emp wasted on sacrificing popos, it was a good time killer for a few days but i do not have the gold to waste just for a different color glowing on my fishing rod to fish the same thing i have been fishing since i started,just with a little better rate. They didn't really put thought into this one it seems but its not really surprising after playing tera for years...
  • LiamDahvis wrote: »
    I've been making around 100k daily since fishing patch

Youve been making 100k working the TB you mean, the actual moneys from selling fish is limited.

I sold several pairs of whiskers for 30k+ and even the materials for the whiskers for thousands but i'm not going to say I made my gold through gathering. I played the TB and played off of the fact that there are people that will pay to be first rather than do the leg work themselves.

And how's that?

And how's that?

Its not through fishing its through the tradebroker IF he was making 100k a day at any point he most assuredly is not now.
  • I do the legwork. Whiskers now run about 16k on TB. No way is this person still making 100k per day on those.
  • What is a good start if I have 1000 Angler Tokens to upgrade? Should I upgrade my rod first? (Which rod ist the best?) . Or bay bait receipe? Or Fish Crate Receipe?
  • Active and/or Auto Fishing is not profitable by any means possible at the moment considering that it barely brings any profit.

Actually, it is pretty expensive after a certain point since level 5 Angle Whisker requires x16 Whiskers while level 6 requires x32 Whiskers and level 7 requires x64 Whiskers..

p.s. gathering makes a ton of gold

• ChrisLChrisL Probably not playing this dead game. ✭✭
    edited December 2018
    lol sad part is for me that popo bait was the only thing i actually spent money on in this game since around 2015,thought they actually brought out something that wasnt half-[filtered]'d and may be worth doing if you put your time and gold into it,kinda sad that this is one game i can never actually say "wow tera here take my money" when i can even play a fishing game on my phone and pay 200$ each week lmao (Edit:actually sadly think i payed more....rip)
  • so , in terms of money making, I should NOT bother with fishing at all? T_T
  • YC7XPN45R5 wrote: »
    so , in terms of money making, I should NOT bother with fishing at all? T_T

Right now id say no , i say no because of the large amount of people doing the exact same thing. Gather, gather mats to feed the people that are upgrading fishing equipment that will last till people are bored of fishing and decide to get the mats themselves.
  • YC7XPN45R5 wrote: »
    so , in terms of money making, I should NOT bother with fishing at all? T_T

Right, the only money you could get from fishing is from turning in 3 Crate Vs a day, which will take 10k angler tokens for the design and another 10k to get your rod to a decent level in order to get enough fillets for them quickly. Also, if you're not using the p2w baits, you'll also need another 2k (lvl 4 bait) or 5k (lvl 5 bait) tokens to get a decent bait in order to fish properly.

All that not to mention one fact that a lot of people seem to be overlooking, which is that each crate not only takes fish flilets to make, but also a Galbourne Ingot, which depending on your server could be sold for 600-1.2k a piece. So yeah, discount that from the Crate's value (1.5k each) and you might as well just have been selling your galborne ores, which won't require you to amass over 20 thousand tokens just to begin selling.
  • I gtta laugh at people LOL Everyone wanted Tera to have fishing but now people are crying they can't make money from it.
    If your gonna complain DON"T FISH just shut the f**k up and let others enjoy it.
  • Thanks for the detailed informations! Sounds like fishing is just a [filtered] trap to me XD. But then again, why are sooo many people doing it? There are more people afk fishing now than standing in Highwatch. I mean, there has to be a reason, do I miss something? Why bothering with fishing if it brings zero return?
  • I'm mainly fishing to gather what I need for cooking, to kill time, achievements, and an annoying ocd tendency to want my stuff to be maxed out.
  • Ultemecia wrote: »
    I'm mainly fishing to gather what I need for cooking, to kill time, achievements, and an annoying ocd tendency to want my stuff to be maxed out.

Same here. Mainly achievements, but also for the fun of maxing stuff out. Not really expecting any return from it, though. Unsure if I'll even bother going past Rod VI.