Need some help understanding fishing prices

13»

Comments

• How did you get to Rold VI so quick? I do the daily quest for all my alts and fish while waiting for IM, still I'm only at Rod III now...
  • I'm at Rod V atm, @5k tokens or so. Rod VI takes 12k tokens. It gets easier to get tokens as your rod levels up. Currently, the bare minimum I can get is 4 tokens per fish, and that's only if I'm extremely unlucky; it'll most likely be 6 or 8. I use Bait IV. I rushed Whiskers V and cooking artisan as fast as I could so as to be able to fulltime Fish Salads (they make a huge difference in the waiting time per cast) and fished as much as I had the patience to at the start. For the past few days, however, I've been doing my daily dungeon runs etc and then exclusively autofishing the rest of the time.

I'd suggest doing all the questlines in all of the camps for easy tokens while your rod is still low and you don't get a lot from fishing itself, and only after clearing them all and upgrading your rod as much as you could, you start focusing on fishing nonstop. Gl!
  • HLK76PFWXTHLK76PFWXT ✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    YC7XPN45R5 wrote: »
    How did you get to Rold VI so quick? I do the daily quest for all my alts and fish while waiting for IM, still I'm only at Rod III now...

It is obvious that whoever has VI at the moment used at least 1k up to 2k Popo Bait and i am saying this because i have Tier V and i have already used 1k popo bait to get where i am.. And i do have at least Tier 6 Whiskers but those have little significance considering that the Popo Bait by itself mostly gives x1 BAF at every x4 Fish caught ( imagine that only Rod V takes 5k tokens to upgrade while Rod VI takes 12k tokens ). I also managed to get the 60% bait that is made with processing but then again it helps with fishing and especially auto fishing though it is nowhere near what Popo Bait can do..

Anyway, fishing is fun and it helps to ease up the grind from fighting with monsters and even players ( gathering is nice as well ).

I only wish that we could get some more and better rewards from fishing that would not entirely have any monetary significance.

p.s. stop smoking for a few days and get 1k popo bait xD
  • ChrisLChrisL Probably not playing this dead game. ✭✭
    that just says how much time you put in to it,i farmed for HOURS and only used 200 popo bait from my elite emp to start,got to T3 rod on the second day before throwing in some money to catch more BAFs to work on getting all the bait(i stopped at Bait IV tho,just got Bait V today) and thats with the Ash rod(no high grade chance increase or reduced time except for baits High Grade) but found out rather quick that it wasnt worth the time i was putting in to it. I do agree that it should give you more rewards,atleast double the sale value of all the fish to the shops,and it should not let you afk fish in my opinion because that just ruins it. this could have been a great way to log in and do while waiting for queues,or just something worth doing when your PP is drained and no one is running dungeons in the dead of night. They coulda did a lot better with this to draw in decent money from bait alone but in my opinion they got lazy,like usual.
  • i'd stop at rod VI, not gonna spend an extra 120 diamonds on 7 and 8 since there not much more to gain from this, just a pain of fishing days and night ... what are they thinking, this is no longer combat game just fishing simulator with expensive lootbox and gold sink
  • HLK76PFWXT wrote: »
    YC7XPN45R5 wrote: »
    How did you get to Rold VI so quick? I do the daily quest for all my alts and fish while waiting for IM, still I'm only at Rod III now...

It is obvious that whoever has VI at the moment used at least 1k up to 2k Popo Bait and i am saying this because i have Tier V and i have already used 1k popo bait to get where i am.. And i do have at least Tier 6 Whiskers but those have little significance considering that the Popo Bait by itself mostly gives x1 BAF at every x4 Fish caught ( imagine that only Rod V takes 5k tokens to upgrade while Rod VI takes 12k tokens ). I also managed to get the 60% bait that is made with processing but then again it helps with fishing and especially auto fishing though it is nowhere near what Popo Bait can do..

Anyway, fishing is fun and it helps to ease up the grind from fighting with monsters and even players ( gathering is nice as well ).

I only wish that we could get some more and better rewards from fishing that would not entirely have any monetary significance.

p.s. stop smoking for a few days and get 1k popo bait xD

Iunno about that, I'm rather close to 6 and I only used 200 from the daily EMP as well. From my calculations, they average double the tokens from my bait IVs, which isn't really a HUGE difference, wouldn't take that long to cast 400 bait IVs.

Gathering can indeed be very profitable though, but the topic is about fishing! :p
  • Another question guys, do I need the Ash rod to catch / encounter BAFs? Or is is also possible with Xermetal rod?
  • You don't need Ash, it just gives you a very small boost in your chances of encountering one. The tooltip is wrong btw, that "3% boost" is actually a 0.6% boost at level 1. Plus, it doesn't reduce your fishing waiting time at all. Overall, It's a pretty bad rod. Xermetal is the best/only good one by far.

As for the difficulty of the catch, it gets easier at each rod tier you go up. All rods have the same boost to it though iirc.
  • OK thats good to hear, cuz I only got a Xermetal rod :D, thanks for your help! :)
  • but is it "normal" that I only encounter BAFs once every 30min or so? seems a bit low to me...
  • YC7XPN45R5 wrote: »
    but is it "normal" that I only encounter BAFs once every 30min or so? seems a bit low to me...

Been averaging the same, give or take a few mins.
  • You can calculate the odds of catching BAFs from premium baits. So if you're averaging lets say 10 BAFs within 30 min using 30% chance increase you should be catching more than 3 at least within the same amount of time.
  • YC7XPN45R5 wrote: »
    but is it "normal" that I only encounter BAFs once every 30min or so? seems a bit low to me...

Yeah, they're stupid rare in order to encourage people to buy Popo Baits :/
  • spung wrote: »
    You can calculate the odds of catching BAFs from premium baits. So if you're averaging lets say 10 BAFs within 30 min using 30% chance increase you should be catching more than 3 at least within the same amount of time.

Depends, unlike Moongourd Pie, I believe Popo Baits are a flat increase in the percentage... So imagine if it's normally 0.5%, a sudden jump to 30.5% makes a loud impact!