[TERA PC & Console] En Masse is closing, but TERA lives on! We will continue to support TERA PC (NA) and TERA Console until services are transferred. Our Service Moving Info page is now live here: https://bit.ly/tera_service_moving

PvP Servers Merging Into PvE Servers

124»

Comments

• So this guys are listened when making decisions? During GvG the only safe place is Velika. And if devs focus on ppl who are just “chilling” rip game will happen fast. Dungeons don’t give any useful drop now and are limited. We have restarted BG’s and getting inactive drop, cus devs are literally not doing stuff the should. I got a polished diadem des yesterday and am unable to learn it, lol. That’s all connected. Force ppl to follow not donate to get outfit, it’ll kill game. There are a lot to do, and EME should start from saying “NO” to bluehole. If they are adding patch without patch notes EME should say no, we are not doing it. In the past couple of patches they’ve changed Gunner mechs twice and not a word about it? Seriously? Ok I see they may want us to find out ourselves, but I honestly think they don’t give a sh~. Like not fixing Bg reward points. Also this snowball, are you crazy to make such waste for such huge prices? On EU it doesn’t work. People on console vote by money, and if all goes same as now, game will be same as on pc, having 1-2k online. If that is their plan, then yeah, @Exortus , you are right we should just leave this rotten piece of meat. There has been no significant change in one year. Gridiron is lagging as it used, everything related to mass pvp lags. I assume they not releasing Harrowhold of same reason, although I have actually been there alrdy and did practice, cuz of, once again, devs incompetitency and lazyness. Someone said they hired a special dev team for console version(after 3 years of working on port), and we still don’t see any good changes.
  • Basically all I say, is that there are two main options, force and manage game here, on console, properly, or it’ll soon be same as on PC. Hopefully we’ll get BDO on ps soon. Or EME can take all into their hands. Check how Russian Tera server evolved on PC? It’s nothing compared to Eu and NA. Our publisher were fighting for players, creating special events, such as bringing bosses to Velika etc. but this requires good optimization so they forced it to bluehole.
  • Exortus wrote: »
    > @PYGN3PMNTE said:
    > Im sorry, but open world PVP will not be a thing if you are a PVE person. Cuz PVE ppl only stay in cities or dungeon (IoD being the only exception)
    >
    > You cant be attacked while levelling
    > You cant be attacked in the cities
    > You cant be attacked in dungeons
    >
    > You have nothing to fear...
    >
    > In the rare occasion you are being attacked/harassed on open world, just change channel and you are good to go.

I do PVE and PVP and am never hanging in towns. I do not want to be attacked while exploring or simply relaxing with whatever view of Tera I've chosen. Players who have chosen to join a PVE server, will not accept open world PVP unless it is opt in/opt out because for them, they've already opted out by choosing the PVE server.

@Gospodja
    Players are not forced to grind. Believe it or not, some players don't even do dungeons. They enjoy simply hanging out in game. When they start the game and choose their server, they are deciding upon PVE and PVP. Forcing PVP onto a PVE server, where they are unable to opt out, will do nothing to benefit the game. The ONLY plausible solution I see, is only allowing open world PVP for those who BOTH opt into it. I also see no downside to that as all players will have what they wish. The PVP players will have open world, and the PVE players will not have to deal with suddenly being attacked just because they wanted to step out of city walls.

I agree with everything @Exortus said. After all of these months, with all of the characters I have created, I have still never even done a 417 or higher dungeon (I only do the dungeons while leveling up, until I get to 65). I certainly do not waste my time in the game just hanging out in the city areas. I do a lot of gathering and crafting, so I spend a lot of time in the open fields, in different areas, gathering plants, ores, and essences. I joined a PvE server because I have absolutely no interest in doing PvP gaming, just like many other people on the PvE servers. I definitely would not want anyone telling me I can no longer go out and gather materials for crafting, just because a small minority of players want to enjoy the benefits of the PvE server, but they want to force us to change our world, for the privilege of helping them out of their failing community. When you have a crumbling community and a thriving community, you do NOT change the key aspects of the thriving community to mirror that of the failing community. If anything, you change the attributes of the failing community to match the thriving one.

So, basically, you are talling me you are playing "gathering simulation 2018" on console.

Why is your opinion even worth then, if you do not play the TRUE version of the game (read: end game dungeons) ?

I dont wanna sound c0cky, you are free to play as you want, but you are not representing the comunity in the slightest way by never running DG...
  • edited December 2018
    PYGN3PMNTE wrote: »
    Exortus wrote: »
    > @PYGN3PMNTE said:
    > Im sorry, but open world PVP will not be a thing if you are a PVE person. Cuz PVE ppl only stay in cities or dungeon (IoD being the only exception)
    >
    > You cant be attacked while levelling
    > You cant be attacked in the cities
    > You cant be attacked in dungeons
    >
    > You have nothing to fear...
    >
    > In the rare occasion you are being attacked/harassed on open world, just change channel and you are good to go.

I do PVE and PVP and am never hanging in towns. I do not want to be attacked while exploring or simply relaxing with whatever view of Tera I've chosen. Players who have chosen to join a PVE server, will not accept open world PVP unless it is opt in/opt out because for them, they've already opted out by choosing the PVE server.

@Gospodja
    Players are not forced to grind. Believe it or not, some players don't even do dungeons. They enjoy simply hanging out in game. When they start the game and choose their server, they are deciding upon PVE and PVP. Forcing PVP onto a PVE server, where they are unable to opt out, will do nothing to benefit the game. The ONLY plausible solution I see, is only allowing open world PVP for those who BOTH opt into it. I also see no downside to that as all players will have what they wish. The PVP players will have open world, and the PVE players will not have to deal with suddenly being attacked just because they wanted to step out of city walls.

I agree with everything @Exortus said. After all of these months, with all of the characters I have created, I have still never even done a 417 or higher dungeon (I only do the dungeons while leveling up, until I get to 65). I certainly do not waste my time in the game just hanging out in the city areas. I do a lot of gathering and crafting, so I spend a lot of time in the open fields, in different areas, gathering plants, ores, and essences. I joined a PvE server because I have absolutely no interest in doing PvP gaming, just like many other people on the PvE servers. I definitely would not want anyone telling me I can no longer go out and gather materials for crafting, just because a small minority of players want to enjoy the benefits of the PvE server, but they want to force us to change our world, for the privilege of helping them out of their failing community. When you have a crumbling community and a thriving community, you do NOT change the key aspects of the thriving community to mirror that of the failing community. If anything, you change the attributes of the failing community to match the thriving one.

So, basically, you are talling me you are playing "gathering simulation 2018" on console.

Why is your opinion even worth then, if you do not play the TRUE version of the game (read: end game dungeons) ?

I dont wanna sound c0cky, you are free to play as you want, but you are not representing the comunity in the slightest way by never running DG...

Even if I ran the end game dungeons, I would not want anyone to interfere with my gathering, or even just going around enjoying the views, any time I wanted to do it. That is WHY I joined a PvE server, instead of a PvP server. Like @Exortus already explained before, even when console first came out the vast majority of players joined the PvE server, when they had the option of joining the PvP server, but they didn't want to. I joined just a few weeks after the console version came out, and in North America we had four PvE servers where two were already at "high" population and two were at medium, but shortly after I joined all four PvE servers were at "high" population. That whole time, we had only two PvP servers and neither of them even went above "medium" population, before the server merges. Whether you think I represent the community or not, it is obvious that the vast majority of the population CHOSE to be on a PvE server, instead of a PvP server, and changing the PvE servers to become PvP will do nothing but make our servers as much of a ghost town as the PvP servers. If the PvP servers can't even sustain a community of PvPers who chose to be there in the first place, what makes you think that forcing that same environment on players who never wanted to join that environment in the first place is going to help the majority of players? Doing that would simply cause an even greater exodus of the game, and the entire game would be in the same state of population as the PvP servers.

Also, you said "Why is your opinion even worth then, if you do not play the TRUE version of the game (read: end game dungeons) ?" End game dungeons have NOTHING to do with PvP play. They are purely PvE instances, with players fighting against the game. If YOUR opinion is that the "TRUE" version of this game is purely for the PvE end game dungeons, then why are you even arguing to force the majority of players to change their environment, when you are now arguing that the "TRUE" version of the game is solely to play PvE end game dungeons? If the "TRUE" version of the game for YOU is to play PvE dungeons, then why does it matter if you come over to the PvE server, without forcing all of the PvE players to have to change their world?
  • I would agree, that the only option is for the requirement that BOTH (or multiple) players have to flag up in order to participate in open-world PvP, but currently that is not supported. This is simply a request to forfeit the Open World PvP (that doesn't exist currently), while being put into the PvE server so that we have more players to play with.

It's to the point where we are now joining up with PvE server guilds, just to instance match queue with them to complete dungeons. This is unfair to the players that we kick, who could have been in queue for HOURS, just because they aren't the person that we are attempting to Instance Match into.
  • edited December 2018
    Rinky wrote: »
    I would agree, that the only option is for the requirement that BOTH (or multiple) players have to flag up in order to participate in open-world PvP, but currently that is not supported. This is simply a request to forfeit the Open World PvP (that doesn't exist currently), while being put into the PvE server so that we have more players to play with.

It's to the point where we are now joining up with PvE server guilds, just to instance match queue with them to complete dungeons. This is unfair to the players that we kick, who could have been in queue for HOURS, just because they aren't the person that we are attempting to Instance Match into.

@Rinky - Plenty of us (myself included) totally understood the intent of your original post. That was also the intent of the previous post that discussed this, but some PvP players join these threads to advocate for changing the environment of the PvE server, to suit their personal wants (they want to have their cake and eat it too, at the expense of all of the PvE players). Of course, many of us PvE players want to be sure the devs see our opinion that we joined the PvE server because we wanted a PvE environment, and we do not want it changed to become a PvP server.

I am still all FOR your original intent (PvP players being able to transfer to PvE servers, but without forcing the PvE players to leave the game, by changing our world).

I am also FOR recommendations that the current Outlaw system be changed so that BOTH parties have to have Outlaw turned on, in order for either of them to be able to attack the other.

I am also FOR recommendations that a voucher system be implemented where anyone on the PvP server can transfer to the PvE server with ALL of their possessions (or vice versa, if anyone on the PvE server would like to move to the PvP server).

I am only AGAINST changing the PvE world to become a PvP server, when none of us wanted that in the first place, or we would have simply joined the PvP server to begin with.

There are several recommendations that plenty of players would support, and which would still give the same benefits to the PvP players they are looking for (higher population, better economy, etc.), but which would not require the PvE world to become a PvP server. Changing the PvE server to a PvP server would simply cause many of us PvE players to quit Tera completely.
  • RinkyRinky ✭✭
    edited December 2018
    @GuardianAngelGG Yep. There is a reason that the PvP servers are dying in population, and it's because majority of console players just don't like PvP, where as on PC it was different. En Masse and Bluehole need to understand that there are DIFFERENT gamers on console, than there is on PC. Even if there was a system eventually added, i'm all in favor of losing access to Outlaw, just to have players to play with. Now is the PERFECT time to get this implemented, because PvP players can get their fix from Battlegrounds.

If they fear that they "don't want to give up on PvP servers" Then what's stopping us from giving up on them first.

I'd love to at least get a word from En Masse or Bluehole to know if they are even reading this thread, if something is in the works, or if it's just falling on deaf ears.
  • edited December 2018
    Rinky wrote: »
    @GuardianAngelGG Yep. There is a reason that the PvP servers are dying in population, and it's because majority of console players just don't like PvP, where as on PC it was different. En Masse and Bluehole need to understand that there are DIFFERENT gamers on console, than there is on PC. Even if there was a system eventually added, i'm all in favor of losing access to Outlaw, just to have players to play with. Now is the PERFECT time to get this implemented, because PvP players can get their fix from Battlegrounds.
    If they fear that they "don't want to give up on PvP servers" Then what's stopping us from giving up on them first.

I agree with you. I will continue to strongly advocate for a solution for people to be able to come over from the PvP server to the PvE server, as long as it does not involve turning the PvE server into a PvP server. I agree that PvP on console is simply not very popular. The vast majority of us console players simply have NO interest in PvP gaming. Even though I do not play PvP, and have no interest in it, I created a few characters on the PvP server, just to continue enjoying the Tank and Healer leveling events. Those are just "extra" characters for me, so I can certainly understand that most people on the PvP server would not want to start with new characters on the PvE server, because you have already invested so much time, energy, and probably money into developing your current characters on the PvP server (I certainly would not want to abandon some of my characters on the PvE server, to start all over again). Just above, I listed the recommendations people have made, which I would support to help out the PvP players. I will still advocate for all of you on the PvP server to come across with any of those solutions (voucher transfers with full inventory, mutually agreed PvP, or just merge into PvE but leave it as a PvE server). :)
  • groovenikgroovenik ✭✭
    edited December 2018
    @FlopsyPrince Hey Flopsy,

I'm not sure if you deliberately tried to creatively quote me, or only read that one post of mine, but just to clarify - I'm all for a joint PvP/PvE server, but only if both characters have to turn their Outlaw Declaration on (aka in-game PvP consent) for PvP to occur.

The way you quoted me leads me to believe that you don't know or understand what Outlaw Declaration is. It's a skill obtained at Level 65 on PvP servers that functions like a switch. You turn it on when you want to PvP (allowing you to engage with like-minded Level 65 players), and you turn it off to go about your merry PvE way. I hope that makes the passage of mine you quoted make more sense, as your interpretation of it was inaccurate.

~Groove
  • I just quoted your entire first paragraph. I am not sure how that is supposedly a creative quote. Perhaps you weren't communicating well.
  • Guys, the fun of open world pvp is that u have to always watch your back.
  • ExipheusExipheus Kazura (XB1 NA Lakan ) mod
    Gospodja wrote: »
    Guys, the fun of open world pvp is that u have to always watch your back.

And not everyone enjoys that, hence joining a PVE server.
  • Oh man, 90% of those joined pve did that only cuz pve server was first in list. No one knows the difference. Nowadays the only and single difference is outlaw, which doesn’t work near dungs, in cities or for those below lvl 65. So that is literally a really small difference that won’t bring and inconvenience to most of players. So it was completely EmE fault that they placed PvE first in line. Now I am talking about bringing the old pvp version back with rejoining servers together. That would be awesome. That is how real open world mmo is supposed to look like!
  • ExipheusExipheus Kazura (XB1 NA Lakan ) mod
    Gospodja wrote: »
    Oh man, 90% of those joined pve did that only cuz pve server was first in list. No one knows the difference.

I'd like to see the data sheet you pulled this information from please.
    I think you're missing the point. I have nothing against PVP. I would love for the PVP players to have their server flourish, but clearly, it isn't. That server had its run and it has failed. In that regard, we would also love for you all to join us. But until there is an opt in/opt out PVP for everyone, that is something you'd have to do without lest you drive away more players who have no interest in PVP. You must also understand that everyone has their own ideas of thrill and fun. Yours as you stated, is always having to watch your back. To another player, that would be irritating and on a PVE server, many wish to avoid that. Think of it as a home. Your home has burned down, so you go into someone else's home, where you are welcomed, and then force your ideals onto them and tell them they now have to change for you. If you wish for PVP to thrive, this is not the solution. Some players already see PVP as some evil entity, and this will only cause more problems. If you have any solutions that all players could agree on, (from those who love PVP, to those who hate it) please share.
  • Back in 2012-2013 I remember when I first played TERA on PC and joined in a PVP server with my friends. I gotta say I did enjoy PKing solo/low level players with my friends, but one time I played alone just questing and doing my thing. I was in that desert area where the Kumas are, and suddenly a group of panda jews came up one-shotting me. Everytime I spawn or go to a safe camp they would surround me and wait for me to come out and chase me endlessly switching channel to channel. It was really frustrating, and I thought it was karma because I did the same thing when my friends were on we'd all go and kill any solo players we see roaming around the jungle. So basically after that, I just made a new toon in a PVE server and I would only go PVP whenever my friends are on. If I had a decent PC back then I would have played the game religiously, just because I enjoyed the combat system and it felt a lot like Dragon Nest.

Now I don't mind PVP but if I wanted to PVP I'll just duel someone or join battlegrounds. The lag is horrible in BG tho, not sure if getting a better internet would change that but I doubt it. Some of us just want to relax in game and do stuff, kill stuff or socialize with people in game. I wouldn't want to PVP all the time unless I really have nothing to do, I prefer to just chill and do things at my own pace. I'm also one of those solo players, only reason is because I currently live in New Zealand and the game is set to EU region by default. The timezone difference is WAAAY too much, tried switching to NA so I could play with friends but the ping/lag is even worse lmao so screw that. But yeah I have my own small guild in game with a bunch of people in it, but most of the time I play by myself. I like to roam around and gather stuff because there's a lot of downtime when I'm online, server is always low and empty because it's early hrs in the morning for EU so basically I queue up instance matching see if anything pops up while doing gathering quests to level up my guild. I still enjoy the game, and running a guild just made it a lil bit interesting for me because it gives me other stuff to do. But yeah I don't like the idea of having to watch my back all the time for ganks because that would be really frustrating when you're trying to get something done.