Party Gathering

Please return party gathering. Wintera is ridiculous without it.. Takes so long to be able to get a snowball .-.

Comments

• I second this, especially for guild quests where we gather and where can I find Azure essence??
  • > @Caramay said:
    > I second this, especially for guild quests where we gather and where can I find Azure essence??

Check your achievements. They tell you the location of all the gatherables
  • Party/Group gather was one of those fun and amusing features, especially in dungeons when you need to gather things, and now you have to run multiple times to get what you need because 4 other people need the item too and you can't all gather it (Side note, the weapon chests in CR appear as grass).

On the same subject, it would be nice to get exp from gathering again as well, just so that I feel like I am making progress while gathering, like gathering is a part of the game, on a lower level character as opposed to feeling like I am wasting my time gathering, but hey it's shiny so I need to!
  • Wait... party/group gathering is not a thing now? That would explain why Wintera is completely dead...
    Venakri wrote: »
    On the same subject, it would be nice to get exp from gathering again as well, just so that I feel like I am making progress while gathering, like gathering is a part of the game, on a lower level character as opposed to feeling like I am wasting my time gathering, but hey it's shiny so I need to!

You do still level up gathering (and still up to 6 levels) but as far as I can tell, these levels do absolutely nothing except progress towards achievements. Unless you mean the old "you gained 6exp!" character experience you used to get.
  • @iCandyKillz Could you give some more detail as to which party/group gathering you're talking about?

You're talking about players in the same party can gather together and everyone gets the same item? Would love some more context, thanks!
  • KitTeaCup wrote: »
    @iCandyKillz Could you give some more detail as to which party/group gathering you're talking about?

You're talking about players in the same party can gather together and everyone gets the same item? Would love some more context, thanks!

@KitTeaCup In the past you could have anyone who was in your party all gather the same node and each get your own mats. This was for gathering the essences/ores/plants/whatever (like normetal ore or luria fibers for example). With the new gathering change, you need to gather solo and cannot gather as a party anymore. This is affecting wintera and even some dungeons where players objective is to gather snowballs or a quest item. Instead of the team being able to gather one snowball mound or gather a chest needed for quest and move on, players need to have a snowball mound per person or wait for chests to respawn in dungeons to gather instead of the party all able to gather at the same time and move on.
  • ElinLoveElinLove ✭✭✭✭✭
    iLucky wrote: »
    KitTeaCup wrote: »
    @iCandyKillz Could you give some more detail as to which party/group gathering you're talking about?

@KitTeaCup In the past you could have anyone who was in your party all gather the same node and each get your own mats. This was for gathering the essences/ores/plants/whatever (like normetal ore or luria fibers for example). With the new gathering change, you need to gather solo and cannot gather as a party anymore. This is affecting wintera and even some dungeons where players objective is to gather snowballs or a quest item. Instead of the team being able to gather one snowball mound or gather a chest needed for quest and move on, players need to have a snowball mound per person or wait for chests to respawn in dungeons to gather instead of the party all able to gather at the same time and move on.

Adding to it in case it helps anything with clarifications: When one team member started gathering, all other members (or was it up to 5? Whatever) could then during the gathering, start gathering together. This divided the gathering time by the people count, and all people got what you can gather from the stack. Say snowballs, everyone together would drop it from 3~5s down to less than 1s for all members to get snowballs.
    If it was like stones on open world, you and your party member gathering together would both get the random drop (possibly different to each) of the respective stone/grass/whatever you gather.