[TERA PC & Console] En Masse is closing, but TERA lives on! We will continue to support TERA PC (NA) and TERA Console until services are transferred. Our Service Moving Info page is now live here: https://bit.ly/tera_service_moving

Ultra Hyper Time????

Comments

• PartyblastPartyblast ✭✭✭✭
    spung wrote: »
    And from the looks of things UHT applies to dungeons in KTERA, it is only here they removed it...

Just for clarity, are you talking about the server-wide event version (that we have) or the consumable? It's possible (maybe even likely) that these work differently.

Not sure what you mean by "consumable", but the buff isn't a persistent one... meaning once you die inside the dungeon you lose it unless you force logout and back in... this is how it worked.

No, I meant there is a version of this buff that is a personal buff you can apply to yourself like a consumable, but we don't have that here. (In EU they called it the Combat Accelerator Potion.) That version may have different restrictions than the server-wide buff version.

Server-wide event buff used to apply literally everywhere, Open-World + Dungeons + BGs, pre-65 patch. Also EU is the only region to ever have CAP but it's been changed to no longer provide CDR.
  • edited December 2018
    Partyblast wrote: »
    And from the looks of things UHT applies to dungeons in KTERA, it is only here they removed it...

Just for clarity, are you talking about the server-wide event version (that we have) or the consumable? It's possible (maybe even likely) that these work differently.

Not sure what you mean by "consumable", but the buff isn't a persistent one... meaning once you die inside the dungeon you lose it unless you force logout and back in... this is how it worked.

No, I meant there is a version of this buff that is a personal buff you can apply to yourself like a consumable, but we don't have that here. (In EU they called it the Combat Accelerator Potion.) That version may have different restrictions than the server-wide buff version.

Server-wide event buff used to apply literally everywhere, Open-World + Dungeons + BGs, pre-65 patch. Also EU is the only region to ever have CAP but it's been changed to no longer provide CDR.

Okay, if the K-TERA server-wide event is still running recently and it applies everywhere, that's what I'm trying to find out. (To confirm that it's not something else or a different method (like the consumable), or something in the past. If it's something that works differently here compared to K-TERA today (not years ago), then there's a chance it could be fixed.)

(If someone could give a date when the event last ran in K-TERA and confirm that it applied in all dungeons at that time, it would be even better.)
  • spungspung ✭✭
    edited December 2018

Okay, if the K-TERA server-wide event is still running recently and it applies everywhere, that's what I'm trying to find out. (To confirm that it's not something else or a different method (like the consumable), or something in the past. If it's something that works differently here compared to K-TERA today (not years ago), then there's a chance it could be fixed.)

(If someone could give a date when the event last ran in K-TERA and confirm that it applied in all dungeons at that time, it would be even better.)

To be quite frank, I have no idea whats the point of this event if you cannot use it inside dungeons, which was the very reason this was implemented in the first place. There's no OW content you would need UHT active in.

This is how it was supposed to be,
    https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=tera+hyper+turbo+time

The leaderboards shouldn't be an excuse to turn off the buff. The better way to do it is to freeze the scores for the duration while the event is active. That way you don't take away the spirit of the event. Just think of it as increase drop event but slightly worse.
  • voidyvoidy ✭✭✭✭✭

To be quite frank, I have no idea whats the point of this event if you cannot use it inside dungeons, which was the very reason this was implemented in the first place. There's no OW content you would need UHT active in.

This is how it was supposed to be,
    https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=tera+hyper+turbo+time

The leaderboards shouldn't be an excuse to turn off the buff. The better way to do it is to freeze the scores for the duration while the event is active. That way you don't take away the spirit of the event. Just think of it as increase drop event but slightly worse.

I don't even think they know how to freeze the ranks. People have begged EME to freeze the boards before, when disruptive factors came into play that would have compromised the whole thing, and EME just stayed silent on the matter and let people get [filtered] over. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. Leaderboards players get "fooled" every season and they act like it's a big shock each time it happens.
  • metagamemetagame ✭✭✭✭
    voidy wrote: »
    and they act like it's a big shock each time it happens.
    and EME just stayed silent on the matter
    ?
  • CornishRexCornishRex ✭✭✭✭✭
    metagame wrote: »
    ?

Players act like theyre shocked, eme stays silent.

@spung i haven't been playing during this uht but last time to get uht in ghillie all you had to do was like go to char selection before the bridge and it would stay on, no unethical cheats involved.
  • voidyvoidy ✭✭✭✭✭
    CornishRex wrote: »
    ?

Players act like theyre shocked, eme stays silent.

@spung i haven't been playing during this uht but last time to get uht in ghillie all you had to do was like go to char selection before the bridge and it would stay on, no unethical cheats involved.

Thanks for clarifying.
  • Regarding KTERA, here's a video uploaded not too long ago...

@CornishRex
    Anything involving recreating something that is not suppose to be there is considered exploiting thus classified as cheat.
  • SageWinduSageWindu High Seat of the Jedi Council ✭✭✭✭✭
    Melyodis wrote: »
    it's the last few weeks before ds gets removed, and the buff won't make a party suddenly able to kill queen in 1 go--skilled parties will still be able to retain their spots, while players new to ds were able to learn it in a much lower pressured environment.

even if not intentional, i thought this was one of the best little 'events' they've had in quite a while. the drops obtainable from ds is admittedly a bit on the generous side if you consider that it's much easier with urf, but it's not anywhere near something that would ruin the economy.

This has nothing to do with "ruin economy". The dungeon is among the few that is linked to leaderboards...
    Then there's absolutely no reason to have in PoP.
    You can have it in GG/HH too but only through unethical means...

There will be another round coming, lets see how they deal with it...
    I'd rather they made it available across all PvE dungeons since they are already letting you play with a broken sink might as well let it be.

Since am playing I've never seen uht in pve dungeons and i doubt eme can change that it seem like a task for bhs but let have some faith eh lol.

Then you haven't been around for too long. UHT used to be active in all dungeons except for BGs... this was the time when Abscess HM was around cause I remember this thoroughly. And from the looks of things UHT applies to dungeons in KTERA, it is only here they removed it...

Getting through Lakan's Prison in under 5 minutes... gearing was real easy that day.

"Oh, the thing didn't drop. Restart!"
  • CornishRexCornishRex ✭✭✭✭✭
    Regarding KTERA, here's a video uploaded not too long ago...

@CornishRex
    Anything involving recreating something that is not suppose to be there is considered exploiting thus classified as cheat.

Considering ghillie is not an instance and its seen as outside world (u can inspect people inside it) one would think uhft should work in there by default so you could argue that the current state of ghillie is bugged xd
    Jokes aside there's no need for uhft in ghillie considering its a 5 sec instance anyway hue
  • CornishRex wrote: »
    Regarding KTERA, here's a video uploaded not too long ago...

@CornishRex

Considering ghillie is not an instance and its seen as outside world (u can inspect people inside it) one would think uhft should work in there by default so you could argue that the current state of ghillie is bugged xd
    Jokes aside there's no need for uhft in ghillie considering its a 5 sec instance anyway hue

But you cannot clear GG in 5 seconds... you need to move from A to B, and that alone takes at least 30 seconds... if you do in less time it means you're using teleportation inside.

In any case, you wouldn't need UHT in GG unless you're doing it with an army of unawakened reapers...
  • spung wrote: »
    Exploiting a work product flaw is not cheating per se. It is merely taking advantage of human error that failed to apply enough quality controls and testing measures to prevent such exploits. This is precisely the same principle that all malware takes advantage of for example. Would you also consider that cheating? No, I would hope not.

Secondly, terminology: to recreate is to create something that already exists or has existed, only, perhaps not in the context in which it is being brought into existence. Or take the Merriam-Webster definition. Either way, your usage is incorrect.

Whether or not something is supposed to be there (in existence in the context of which it is being observed) is highly subjective and relative in general. The way in a software product (or in fact, any engineering product) that we determine whether or not something should "be there" as part of this is through requirements. Said requirements define the architecture, design, implementation, drive testing measures and quality controls. When these requirements are not properly met we wind up with confusion, ambiguity, aspects that do not behave as they were intended, flaws and so on. Of course, the mere implementation of anything by a human being always has, is and always will contain flaws since we are flawed creatures ourselves. None of these, however, constitute "cheating".
  • This Hyper Turbo Time event was handled extremely poorly. :-(

Most don't even know it exists , as there is almost no info on it... on the forums, announcements or their official Twitter page. No posts I could find about actual running times. I happened upon it the day after Christmas and got a little grinding in before they shut it off.

Then... New Year's Day... LMFAO!

Apparently, it fired up at midnight Pacific time (3am Eastern for me). Next to no one on the East coast could have taken advantage of this, as we do occasionally need to sleep... LOL. I logged on just after 5am, excited to get started on a day of Turbo Time and BOOM!! Shut off 30 minutes later! Are they serious with this crap? Can we get some official word on what is going on with this event please... if & when it will be back on? Thanx. >_>
  • D9MPY4GAFRD9MPY4GAFR ✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Mandras wrote: »
    This Hyper Turbo Time event was handled extremely poorly. :-(

Most don't even know it exists , as there is almost no info on it... on the forums, announcements or their official Twitter page. No posts I could find about actual running times. I happened upon it the day after Christmas and got a little grinding in before they shut it off.

Then... New Year's Day... LMFAO!

Apparently, it fired up at midnight Pacific time (3am Eastern for me). Next to no one on the East coast could have taken advantage of this, as we do occasionally need to sleep... LOL. I logged on just after 5am, excited to get started on a day of Turbo Time and BOOM!! Shut off 30 minutes later! Are they serious with this crap? Can we get some official word on what is going on with this event please... if & when it will be back on? Thanx. >_>

Yeah, this people can't do an event right... They [filtered] up the christmas one and now this... :rip: According to their video, its Jan 1st, i thought it was a 24 hours thing.
  • Wait so there will be no URF today?