Ultra Hyper Time????

Comments

• TJKatTJKat ✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Wait so there will be no URF today?
    No. They ninja-edited the post yesterday to say it would only be running from midnight on the East coast until midnight in Hawaii. So it was completely pointless.
  • edited January 2019
    TJKat wrote: »
    They ninja-edited the post yesterday to say it would only be running from midnight on the East coast until midnight in Hawaii. So it was completely pointless.
    I too was looking forward to this event and also thought it was all day today.

@KitTeaCup What is wrong with all of you at EME? Here we, your customers (many of which help pay all of your salaries), the community, and you are literally [filtered] us all over. On Christmas Day you pretty much ran it all day and then even had it run later due to your inability to start it on time in the first place. The original advert was the same for today, New Years Day, if I remember correctly. Then, you literally turn around and do this [filtered] [filtered]!? You seriously need to listen to your community and start a hard push for serious change at EME. Many people have tried to be as supportive and understanding as possible, but, the community is sick and tired. Stop botching things, step up your game and come onto par with EU (good luck with that). No sane person would take a job at EME (unless, someone was hired with executive authority to clean house and replace the staff with those that align with a new strategic vision - and yes, that happens, more often these days than you might think). Once again, thank you to all of EME for saying one thing and doing another ultimately driving an even deeper wedge between EME and its entire community. Just trying to figure out now how long it will take EME to go bankrupt...
  • metagamemetagame ✭✭✭✭
    The original advert was the same for today, New Years Day, if I remember correctly.
    it started at midnight est, which is new years day in case you weren't aware
  • metagame wrote: »
    The original advert was the same for today, New Years Day, if I remember correctly.
    it started at midnight est, which is new years day in case you weren't aware
    I am very much aware what time New Years Day started. Everyone thought it was an ALL DAY event. Please read.
  • metagamemetagame ✭✭✭✭
    wow so ur "everyone" now
  • edited January 2019
    The expectation, from the original post (read it) was all day. EME changed it last minute (and note, no time stamp on that post) to be time boxed. Again, go read.

Bear in mind EME does an extremely poor job and handling pretty much everything.
  • yes everyone though it was all day Metagame
  • Also thought it was going to be all day; actually came to the forums to find out if something was wrong with the event. Even the video said "Jan 1" not "Jan 1 (from new years est to new years whatever hawaii time zone is)"
  • Just turn event on again and now until tomorrow.
  • Popping in to say yes I thought it was an all day event. The video said Jan 1 I didn't think it was just a short period of time when they did the whole day on the 25th
  • Ye sad :/ was about to farm guardian with toons i geared just for today.
  • You guys owe us one URF day!
  • metagamemetagame ✭✭✭✭
    EME changed it last minute.
    would you care to prove what it said prior to this? because teradevtracker has nothing and i couldn't find anything else.

just as venakri said, the teaser video mentioned a date and nothing else. that doesn't include anything about how long it would last, and after the backlash it received over messing up a few leader boards (which you can see earlier in this thread), it's completely understandable that they didn't want this second one to upset more people about it existing there.
  • TJKatTJKat ✭✭✭
    metagame wrote: »
    would you care to prove what it said prior to this?

Google's cached page from Dec 29:
    https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:xVWN-N1CopAJ:https://forums.enmasse.com/tera/discussion/30330/wintera-event-exclusive-new-years-footsteps+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=ca
    Notably absent, the line "- 9 PM Pacific Time to 2:30 AM - (in other words, midnight from one coast to the end of New Years' on the other coast!)"
    metagame wrote: »
    after the backlash it received over messing up a few leader boards (which you can see earlier in this thread), it's completely understandable that they didn't want this second one to upset more people about it existing there.

This actually makes it even more baffling that they'd only do it for 5 1/2 hours as it gives a distinct advantage to people who live on the west coast (where it ran from 9pm to 2:30am) or in Hawaii (where it ran from 7:30pm to midnight) vs people on the east coast (where it ran from midnight to 5:30am). If it ran for 24 hours at least everyone would have an equal opportunity to break the leader boards.

• DokibunDokibun ✭✭✭✭
    Considering you guys ninja edited and made us all think it was all day, because it was on Christmas, is really scummy of you guys.