[TERA Console] Maintenance to deploy the v86.01 update is scheduled for Monday, September 14 at 7 p.m. PT. Patch notes: http://bit.ly/terac_v86
[TERA PC & Console] En Masse is closing, but TERA lives on! We will continue to support TERA PC (NA) and TERA Console until services are transferred. Our Service Moving Info page is now live here: https://bit.ly/tera_service_moving

Gunner crit question.

I keep hearing mixed answers on this topic and google is useless because all I find is old information (pre-apex 2 patch and much older.)

Question. What crit should I be sitting at. I am a Castanic with +210 greenstat crit. I have full entropy with full SC.

I have seen people with +170 greenstat and others with +280 greenstat.

I read there is a power ceiling where additional power is not as effective but there is also a low crit ceiling since gunners crit all the time on AB and other skill. With +170 greenstat,that makes me crit all the way through burst fire but if I go any lower, I see white damage.

Please give me your feedback my fellow gunners.

Comments

• AB and BF are no longer core skills for gunners, this is why low crit factor isn't viable anymore. U should focus now on Blast, Mana Missiles and Remote Trigger, and these skills require a really good amount of crit. I personally prefer 250+ green.
  • Vy1ViviVy1Vivi ✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    I keep hearing mixed answers on this topic and google is useless because all I find is old information (pre-apex 2 patch and much older.)

Question. What crit should I be sitting at. I am a Castanic with +210 greenstat crit. I have full entropy with full SC.

I have seen people with +170 greenstat and others with +280 greenstat.

I read there is a power ceiling where additional power is not as effective but there is also a low crit ceiling since gunners crit all the time on AB and other skill. With +170 greenstat,that makes me crit all the way through burst fire but if I go any lower, I see white damage.

Please give me your feedback my fellow gunners.

What the person said up there. With Apex now gunner needs more crit than ever, but make no mistake, don't disregard power entirely. My suggestion to you is to check out the gunner discord with all the relevant information there including the crit cap/gearing/skill priorities. Basically your main DPS is now mostly centered on Apex's MWS with a couple core skills: Remote Trigger, Detonate/blast, and Mana Missiles. With the introduction of Talents system burst fire is once again very relevant for the Force talent.

The amount of crit you should aim for depends on your race. Right now for castanic the recommended total crit is 353 (depending on the mob having 210 crit resist) and/or 333 (depending on it having 198 crit resist). Your base + additional crit + buffs (food buffs, mystic, etc.) Right now I'm sitting around 250 additional + my base and I do really well damage wise. My suggestion is to do whatever it takes on your gear to reach around the crit cap to your satisfaction, keeping potential buffs in mind, don't go unnecessarily overboard with the crit, and then get as much power as possible after 'cause power is pretty important too when it comes to how much DPS you do. Again I highly recommend you check out gunner class discord for additional/detailed assistance: https://discord.gg/4R76x6
    All information there is usually kept up to date and relevant and people will help you there if you have questions.
  • Thank you for your inputs :)
  • This stuff is always confusing as Atk power, crit factor etc isn't well explained that I've been able to find. I always inspect other gunners to see if my stats, gear, crystal and etching sources are in line with what other people are using. I couldn't access that discord link. If anybody has good link to information about how gunners should be set up post Apex please provide.
  • Vy1ViviVy1Vivi ✭✭✭
    Nikitesla wrote: »
    This stuff is always confusing as Atk power, crit factor etc isn't well explained that I've been able to find. I always inspect other gunners to see if my stats, gear, crystal and etching sources are in line with what other people are using. I couldn't access that discord link. If anybody has good link to information about how gunners should be set up post Apex please provide.

Here you go:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/TeraOnline/comments/9fhael/discord_servers_links_for_each_class_guides_gear/
  • Thank you!