[TERA Console] We will enter maintenance on 05/26 (Tue) at 7:00 p.m. PT, and have an expected downtime of 3 hours. For details, please visit the following thread: http://bit.ly/teraconsolemaintenance
[TERA PC] We confirmed that an issue with Civil Unrest persists, so Civil Unrest will remain disabled until further notice. Thank you for understanding.

Upgrade strategy to Hero gear

My weapon is SC9 all other gear is SC7/6. Is it better to focus on getting weapon to hero and then upgrade other gear to SC9 and then hero or should I get everything to SC9 then worry about hero?

Comments

• 6AWC3DP9PR6AWC3DP9PR ✭✭
    edited January 2019
    If you're asking for an enchantment order, get your armor to at least +8SC for the damage lines. Then you can do GLSNM and DRCHM for Heroic/Ethereal enchant materials, then GLSHM for +1 and +2. In particular I would advise enchanting your boots and gloves first because they're cheaper and net you the same damage increase as a more expensive chest upgrade.

You will have to enchant/upgrade everything eventually, but you should be conscious of what nets you the most gains.
  • Thx for the advice
  • DvsvDvsv ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Where you wanna go in this game?
    If you wanna go all the way to that [filtered] Full HO+3 before they release another bs grindy gear, then the best upgrade strategy is to use your credit card, sell EMP, buy lots and lots of jewel and talents crates, buy runs, pray for RNG and prob you'll get your HO+3 after like U$600~1000 spent in this game...
    I'm srry, ppl will hate me here but i'll not lie to you and say to just grind whole 2019 on IOD so you can get HO+3 by the time HO+6 is the endgame gear, prob you got way more useful things to do with your time...

But if you're just a normal player, imho just stop gearing at the minimum ILVL of the content you wanna play, i.e: If all you wanna run is GLSHM then you can stop at 455 which you can get with a HO+0 and rest SC+8 i guess, entropy jewelry is fine too, imho the best course of action for non-whales that still wanna bother with Tera's endgame is to just ignore useless/non viable gearing, i.e if HO+1~+2 stuff cost ~500K+ gold per try to enchant then, for god's sake, just IGNORE cuz it's content cleary meant for pay to win players!

If you just wanna farm GLSNM then you gear is fine, just block all these elitist player that want HO gear cuz this braindead dungeon is clearable even on FM gear!

• just wait for the next update and upgrade to HO ..
  • 6AWC3DP9PR wrote: »
    If you're asking for an enchantment order, get your armor to at least +8SC for the damage lines. Then you can do GLSNM and DRCHM for Heroic/Ethereal enchant materials, then GLSHM for +1 and +2. In particular I would advise enchanting your boots and gloves first because they're cheaper and net you the same damage increase as a more expensive chest upgrade.

You will have to enchant/upgrade everything eventually, but you should be conscious of what nets you the most gains.

be aware, you need a tons of talents if you have bad luck,
    like you oneshot ho weapon but fail 10 times in sleeves +9 , rng , praise rng
  • yea, luck is not on my side. It took 9 attempts to get my weapon from SC7 to SC8. Very painful, costly, and time consuming. Tera makes it like this for no reason. Grind, Grind, and Grind some more.