[PS4/XB1] We will be entering into maintenance downtime on 10/21 at 7pm PDT, and have an expected downtime of 3 hours. For details, please visit the following link: http://bit.ly/teraconsolemaintenance

Why is PVP for maxed levels only?!? I have a suggestion to fix this!

I was disappointed when creating a new character today on the pvp server, to find out once you get into a pvp zone, that you're not aloud to attack or be attacked until you're level 65 (max level). I really love the idea of having to be on your toes and watch your back when you walk outside of a safe zone, it gives the game a better "on the edge of your seat" feel. But now knowing I can't do any pvp until I'm max level or unless I do some type of pvp dungeon, it saddens me. Less fun to play. Im tired of a game just being grind grind grind. I want some fun action in the middle of it all. pvp is the best way for that in my opinion and many others.

I understand that it would be very unfair to newcomers in the game that were only level 10+ to get smashed by a level 65 right off start. That would be ridiculous of course. Well, why not simply allow players that are level 30+ to pvp but ONLY if the other players are within 5 levels of your own? So let's say once you hit level 30, you would only be able to pvp level 30-35 characters. If you were level 31 you would be able to pvp anyone from level 30-36. And if you were level 35, you would be able to pvp any characters from level 30-40. If that would be impossible to do then maybe make it to where any level 30-39 can pvp each other, level 40-49, level 50-59, and level 60-65?

If anyone can give feedback or any ideas to add on please do so. This game would be much bigger if these steps were taken I believe!!

Comments

• vkobevkobe ✭✭✭✭✭
    you can invite people to pvp you
  • There use to be pvp on lowbies at one point that made leveling fun, but like anything good in this game, it gets removed
  • tisnotmetisnotme ✭✭✭✭
    > @Nyanta1177 said:
    > There use to be pvp on lowbies at one point that made leveling fun, but like anything good in this game, it gets removed

And here I thought it got removed because it was abused PKing all newbs constantly at their entry to OW at lumbertown
  • How was the pvp for lowbies before? were level 65 able to attack a low level? or were there different level brackets for pvp?
  • kamizumakamizuma ✭✭✭✭
    6EL4RYR46F wrote: »
    How was the pvp for lowbies before? were level 65 able to attack a low level? or were there different level brackets for pvp?

this is what happened
  • 6EL4RYR46F wrote: »
    How was the pvp for lowbies before? were level 65 able to attack a low level? or were there different level brackets for pvp?

There were no level brackets and 65s could attack anyone lower than they were as long as they had outlaw on. There mas a minimal punishment which was infamy that made it so they could not turn outlaw off and some other minor things.
    Since leveling areas are not populated to begin with, you would not see players of similar level to pvp often. It just was much more common to have high level players one-hit lower ones, and it was deemed a problem to the new player population or something like that.
  • ElinLoveElinLove ✭✭✭✭✭
    [...]
    I understand that it would be very unfair to newcomers in the game that were only level 10+ to get smashed by a level 65 right off start. That would be ridiculous of course. Well, why not simply allow players that are level 30+ to pvp but ONLY if the other players are within 5 levels of your own? So let's say once you hit level 30, you would only be able to pvp level 30-35 characters. If you were level 31 you would be able to pvp anyone from level 30-36. And if you were level 35, you would be able to pvp any characters from level 30-40. If that would be impossible to do then maybe make it to where any level 30-39 can pvp each other, level 40-49, level 50-59, and level 60-65?

If anyone can give feedback or any ideas to add on please do so. This game would be much bigger if these steps were taken I believe!!

It's funny how a newcomer has more logic and common sense in his/her head than a heck lot of veterans here, that b!tched to heavens and out when they weren't able to just flat out deny the right of playing to low players when they deemed fit, by camping Lumbertown bridge and slaughtering EVERY low level player possible in all channels, to "prove a point to EME".

Yes, your proposal is great, it's likewise been proposed before by us more veterans here too (yeah, part of the veterans do make sense hue), but BHS didn't seem to bother enough with PVP to make this work. What we have now, is what they have in Korea already since start (correct me if I'm wrong), that you can only PVP at 65.

Adding to your thoughts too, by a little of leveling experience here: When we had full open world PVP, it was only a thing really around Lv 10~30 tops. Above that players are way too spread out, and thus no PVP encounters. Very few would be running around looking for a random fight. So in practice you had actually 10 very quick levels more of PVP, then nothing, and then, you would hit the annoying part of fresh Lv 60 (now 65, later on 70), you would be on the same level but leaps behind on gear, you would be on the same areas as the top end players but would be their fodder anyway up until you gear up A LOT. Not saying this isn't fun (it isn't for me but that's personal), but it sure was terribly balanced.

Nowadays we even have way more safe zones. You barely have any PVPing area at all where there's people to PVP.
  • ElinLove wrote: »
    [...]

Adding to your thoughts too, by a little of leveling experience here: When we had full open world PVP, it was only a thing really around Lv 10~30 tops. Above that players are way too spread out, and thus no PVP encounters. Very few would be running around looking for a random fight. So in practice you had actually 10 very quick levels more of PVP, then nothing, and then, you would hit the annoying part of fresh Lv 60 (now 65, later on 70), you would be on the same level but leaps behind on gear, you would be on the same areas as the top end players but would be their fodder anyway up until you gear up A LOT. Not saying this isn't fun (it isn't for me but that's personal), but it sure was terribly balanced.

Nowadays we even have way more safe zones. You barely have any PVPing area at all where there's people to PVP.

I agree with a lot of what you're saying. you seem very experienced yourself. I'm new to the game but I have played too many pvp games in the past to know that they can easily fix this issue. This game is HUGE and still has many actives and could be gaining even more with a better pvp system. Because that is a huge reason a lot of good players play these type of games. For the challenge of taking on your other rivals/players. And to have that ability to do so anywhere in game would be nice.

I believe they need to just make the level brackets 30-39 and so on, so people coming into the game can learn how to pvp in their environment at an early stage. Not just BOOM your max level and now getting slaughtered by other 65 that have all this maxed out gear (like you mentioned above). The highest level I've gotten to so far is 34 and I was still seeing a decent amount of other people my level but I don't know what level 40+ is going to be like. So like you said, I might just be running around everywhere and not seeing anyone. But at least there would still the option to pvp people around my level if I do see someone. It's better then not having that option at all. And I believe that this could bring the game back and a lot of old players back into the game possibly or just a lot of new players. And more people means more prey, aka more pking.

Maybe instead of starting the pvp bracket at 30 maybe start it at level 10-19 and so on, so instead that way we could pvp right away. Because that's where the flood of people come in is right at the beginning of the game. So maybe new people coming right in, seeing that they can pvp and not get pked by someone higher then level 19 so you actually got a chance to survive.. might make it a lot more interesting to the people coming right into the game. Specially since if someone is level 19 and you're 10, you can so easily level up to 19 within 30 min to an hour even being a newbie like me. So anyone that's gonna [filtered] with you at level 19 while you are 10 won't be an issue for too long. you can chose to stay low level for the pvp action or level up.

This idea would work if made and used properly. The creators of this game should be able to take these ideas and make them even better. People will PAY more when it comes to being stronger. And a pvp system like this would give a lot of people the want to be stronger right away not just once they hit 65. So if they were smart and wanted some more mullah they should take into consideration, a new pvp system. ANYWAYS, like its going to happen lol like they will actually take this and make it happen. Would be amazing if they did but that's a %0.01 chance? idk
  • One thing I also should of added on.. in the pvp server, Isn't the game already to where once you hit level 65, you're screwed until you get better gear because all the other level 65 that have been maxed for a while are already stacked? so basically you never get to do any pking at all until you hit 65 and have super good gear? I mean yeah once you get to 65 you can pk but good luck killing anyone. So whats the point of having a pvp server then with they way they have it? makes no sense. should just make it all pve. With the level bracket pvp I'm talking about, you would get to enjoy pking/pvp at all times, not just once your finally stacked with gears at 65. it makes the pvp so boring. might as well just do battlegrounds and stuff. I want a real open world pvp game. Anyone know any good ones like this? lol
  • vkobe wrote: »
    you can invite people to pvp you

yeah I know, I meant pk not pvp
  • kamizuma wrote: »

this is what happened

LOLLLL dammm dude that was hard to watch
  • TheCatalystTheCatalyst ✭✭✭
    edited January 11
    People can easily level up to 65.
    U can take your sweet time to level up, but if they allow bracket pvp like u suggested, u gonna cry.
  • CornishRexCornishRex ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thing is, leveling only takes a few hours nowadays. You'll be 65 before you know it.
  • metagamemetagame ✭✭✭✭
    even if a "bracket pvp" system were to be implemented, you'd be more likely to level up to 65 having next to no idea how to level efficiently before you'd ever run into someone you could attack.

open world leveling is dead past level 20.
  • KXRC9JMW74KXRC9JMW74 ✭✭✭
    edited January 11
    Open world leveling has more people playing then those AFK in HW . Just go to any leveling town and you see people "Playing The Game"