Why is PVP for maxed levels only?!? I have a suggestion to fix this!

2»

Comments

  • kamizuma wrote: »
    6EL4RYR46F wrote: »
    How was the pvp for lowbies before? were level 65 able to attack a low level? or were there different level brackets for pvp?

    this is what happened

    I think this guy and his videos were banned from the forums. Also people like this are a good turn off for the game they can single handedly deter hundreds of players from a game. Get to Lumbertown, struggle to leave town, sign off to try later, [filtered] it never sign on again. Repeat for every level before they hit max and have gear to fight back.
  • ElinLoveElinLove ✭✭✭✭✭
    6EL4RYR46F wrote: »
    ElinLove wrote: »
    [...]

    Adding to your thoughts too, by a little of leveling experience here: When we had full open world PVP, it was only a thing really around Lv 10~30 tops. Above that players are way too spread out, and thus no PVP encounters. Very few would be running around looking for a random fight. So in practice you had actually 10 very quick levels more of PVP, then nothing, and then, you would hit the annoying part of fresh Lv 60 (now 65, later on 70), you would be on the same level but leaps behind on gear, you would be on the same areas as the top end players but would be their fodder anyway up until you gear up A LOT. Not saying this isn't fun (it isn't for me but that's personal), but it sure was terribly balanced.

    Nowadays we even have way more safe zones. You barely have any PVPing area at all where there's people to PVP.

    I agree with a lot of what you're saying. you seem very experienced yourself. I'm new to the game but I have played too many pvp games in the past to know that they can easily fix this issue. This game is HUGE and still has many actives and could be gaining even more with a better pvp system. Because that is a huge reason a lot of good players play these type of games. For the challenge of taking on your other rivals/players. And to have that ability to do so anywhere in game would be nice.

    I believe they need to just make the level brackets 30-39 and so on, so people coming into the game can learn how to pvp in their environment at an early stage. Not just BOOM your max level and now getting slaughtered by other 65 that have all this maxed out gear (like you mentioned above). The highest level I've gotten to so far is 34 and I was still seeing a decent amount of other people my level but I don't know what level 40+ is going to be like. So like you said, I might just be running around everywhere and not seeing anyone. But at least there would still the option to pvp people around my level if I do see someone. It's better then not having that option at all. And I believe that this could bring the game back and a lot of old players back into the game possibly or just a lot of new players. And more people means more prey, aka more pking.

    Maybe instead of starting the pvp bracket at 30 maybe start it at level 10-19 and so on, so instead that way we could pvp right away. Because that's where the flood of people come in is right at the beginning of the game. So maybe new people coming right in, seeing that they can pvp and not get pked by someone higher then level 19 so you actually got a chance to survive.. might make it a lot more interesting to the people coming right into the game. Specially since if someone is level 19 and you're 10, you can so easily level up to 19 within 30 min to an hour even being a newbie like me. So anyone that's gonna [filtered] with you at level 19 while you are 10 won't be an issue for too long. you can chose to stay low level for the pvp action or level up.

    This idea would work if made and used properly. The creators of this game should be able to take these ideas and make them even better. People will PAY more when it comes to being stronger. And a pvp system like this would give a lot of people the want to be stronger right away not just once they hit 65. So if they were smart and wanted some more mullah they should take into consideration, a new pvp system. ANYWAYS, like its going to happen lol like they will actually take this and make it happen. Would be amazing if they did but that's a %0.01 chance? idk

    Agreed, the whole PVP bracket or +5, -5 levels of difference was something we've proposed and wanted for quite a while, it would have solved the issues with PVP unbalance right from the start (if you lock the max level to another category as well, since as we both noticed about gear difference), it's sad that BHS didn't bother, and even more sad that they don't seem to bother at this point either.

    One thing you mention that I also think, is that this balanced PVP system could both bring new players in and old ones back, and that could also change a lot the leveling system. People that enter a PVP server wanting to do this, would likely start to roam around the open world more, in hopes of PVP encounters. This could revitalize the open world by a lot, which is really necessary given how wide and actually interesting and well done are the areas that just faded into disuse. Even the Lv 10-20 used to have way wider open world usage, and you could see people on many different areas, now it's all just a quick streamlined jump into the 1st dungeon, even tho you still CAN level through quests and hunting.
    Nowadays as mentioned above, leveling is just a stupidly quick rush to 65, and proper open world PVP could in my opinion change this to an extent. It's one of those things that you don't know until you try.
    Bringing back the old system unchanged will be a failure no questions asked. But bringing in a refined system could prove beneficial.
    Like, the entire death system is so forgiving that you lose only buffs, consumables, auras (two of which are party bonuses) and crystals, IF you don't have Crystalbind applied. The system is like, made for trial and error or daring your luck/abilities against something or someone.
  • Vy1ViviVy1Vivi ✭✭✭
    I don't know why some of you are acting as if pvp enabled between level brackets hasn't been suggested before. Its been suggested numerous times, but for BHS it was just easier for them to disable it outright until you hit level 65. And as to the question of WHY they did it, well its obvious. The griefing of low-level players. You see it all the time in PvP servers. I remember when I first played when it went free to play it happened too - camping at lumbertown bridge, griefing out in the open-world while you were leveling, etc. The game back then was more populated however so you would see pvp between equal levels more frequently. Nowadays with the open world dead you wouldn't really have much of that anyway.

    And you know what else disappoints me? This:
    kamizuma wrote: »
    6EL4RYR46F wrote: »
    How was the pvp for lowbies before? were level 65 able to attack a low level? or were there different level brackets for pvp?

    this is what happened
    Not just this video, but did you read the comments and reaction to it? The community is toxic, and just mmo communities in general that venerate griefing scumbags like the person responsible for this video. So yeah, I think it was best overall that they disabled pvp for 65 and below. This game is already harsh enough for new players as it is with fewer and fewer new players actually staying, and the last thing it needs is for scum like 'mudkip' or whatever they were.

    It'd drive off the rest of the new player population and the game would really be screwed. It doesn't take long to level to 65 anyway, and even then once you reach 65 you'd just be fodder for geared players in your guardian/twist-shard/frostmetal/base storm cry gear regardless.

  • Ray676Ray676 ✭✭✭
    Vy1Vivi wrote: »
    I don't know why some of you are acting as if pvp enabled between level brackets hasn't been suggested before. Its been suggested numerous times, but for BHS it was just easier for them to disable it outright until you hit level 65. And as to the question of WHY they did it, well its obvious. The griefing of low-level players. You see it all the time in PvP servers. I remember when I first played when it went free to play it happened too - camping at lumbertown bridge, griefing out in the open-world while you were leveling, etc. The game back then was more populated however so you would see pvp between equal levels more frequently. Nowadays with the open world dead you wouldn't really have much of that anyway.

    And you know what else disappoints me? This:
    kamizuma wrote: »
    6EL4RYR46F wrote: »
    How was the pvp for lowbies before? were level 65 able to attack a low level? or were there different level brackets for pvp?

    this is what happened
    Not just this video, but did you read the comments and reaction to it? The community is toxic, and just mmo communities in general that venerate griefing scumbags like the person responsible for this video. So yeah, I think it was best overall that they disabled pvp for 65 and below. This game is already harsh enough for new players as it is with fewer and fewer new players actually staying, and the last thing it needs is for scum like 'mudkip' or whatever they were.

    It'd drive off the rest of the new player population and the game would really be screwed. It doesn't take long to level to 65 anyway, and even then once you reach 65 you'd just be fodder for geared players in your guardian/twist-shard/frostmetal/base storm cry gear regardless.

    new players that refuse to learn don't deserve sympathy mate. they get to 65 gear to 439 or 446 MAYBE then be ignorant trapping other players in dungeons. good riddance hope they stay gone

    also every 'community' has 'toxic' people, the remedy is simple thing called a block button

    new players need to get their [filtered] in gear or just leave to a game the panders to toddlers like maplestory or league
  • well I'm a new player coming in and what i find hard is that there is no pvp until your max. and yes it only takes a couple days not even to reach level 65. but getting maxed out gears takes much muuuuuch longer then a day or 2. gonna be weeks or months before being able to really be a challenge towards any other players. Until then you will just be getting destroyed in pvp which seems kinda dumb to me. It's pushing away a lot of new players coming in, trust me. I understand the reasons they took the pvp off for players below 65. It all makes sense to me. But level brackets will prevent people like "mudkip" from doing the horrible deeds they did. You wouldn't have people like mudkip anymore because they can't just sit and camp for you because they would be unable to attack such low levels. Even if you're a level 50 getting destroyed by a 59, then who cares just go to a different town and do different quests until you hit 60+. There might still be people trying to pk like the old days if brackets were set up like this but it wouldn't be anywhere near as bad as it was in this video up above. The brackets would prevent a lot of that bs in the past. You guys wonder why the game is dead already? well because the pvp sucks and a lot of other issues as well. but pvp is a HUGE thing in mmo's for many players. so this is a reason why your servers are dead. you can't just make a game like Tera and take the pvp away like that until your max level. It's ruining something so great. Make the pvp with brackets done the right way! and new people like me coming in (experienced player that is fun to play with) will enjoy it much more. And I'm not a shi* player like mudkip. The server might have did a good job getting rid of people like mudkip but the server also just pushed away all the other honorable talent/players that played as well because the game went from fun/challenging to kinda just dumb. making pvp change so drastically like that. I believe there's a lot of steps to look at when it comes to this bracket thing. To give the game a better pvp feel and to keep those nasty high level pkers out!
  • vkobevkobe ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hexagram wrote: »
    kamizuma wrote: »
    6EL4RYR46F wrote: »
    How was the pvp for lowbies before? were level 65 able to attack a low level? or were there different level brackets for pvp?

    this is what happened

    I think this guy and his videos were banned from the forums. Also people like this are a good turn off for the game they can single handedly deter hundreds of players from a game. Get to Lumbertown, struggle to leave town, sign off to try later, [filtered] it never sign on again. Repeat for every level before they hit max and have gear to fight back.

    i dont remember mudkip was banned on the forum, i think he just leave tera, only counterpoint, zokhanal and kamizuma are 2012 tera veteran still posting in the forum, the others big posters have left since nearly 2 years
  • In this other game I played, you got these scrolls called "random portals." they were super cheap so you could stack hundreds if you wanted. They would teleport you to a random location in the map that you're in. So if you had these on you and you were smart and always watching your back then you could use these to run from a pker at any time. So if there's certain people who never wanna get pked or deal with pking then they could just carry a stack on them. I know this idea seems like too much. but this is just one idea from me. there's a thousand ideas we could all probably come up with to make pvp in this game amazing. But that's all up to BHS. and apparently according to some of you, BHS has no interest in helping change the pvp of the game. So I guess there's no point in even coming up with these ideas. So I guess I'm done here then. Thank you for the feedback ladies and gents.
  • Ray676Ray676 ✭✭✭
    6EL4RYR46F wrote: »
    well I'm a new player coming in and what i find hard is that there is no pvp until your max. and yes it only takes a couple days not even to reach level 65. but getting maxed out gears takes much muuuuuch longer then a day or 2. gonna be weeks or months before being able to really be a challenge towards any other players. Until then you will just be getting destroyed in pvp which seems kinda dumb to me. It's pushing away a lot of new players coming in, trust me. I understand the reasons they took the pvp off for players below 65. It all makes sense to me. But level brackets will prevent people like "mudkip" from doing the horrible deeds they did. You wouldn't have people like mudkip anymore because they can't just sit and camp for you because they would be unable to attack such low levels. Even if you're a level 50 getting destroyed by a 59, then who cares just go to a different town and do different quests until you hit 60+. There might still be people trying to pk like the old days if brackets were set up like this but it wouldn't be anywhere near as bad as it was in this video up above. The brackets would prevent a lot of that bs in the past. You guys wonder why the game is dead already? well because the pvp sucks and a lot of other issues as well. but pvp is a HUGE thing in mmo's for many players. so this is a reason why your servers are dead. you can't just make a game like Tera and take the pvp away like that until your max level. It's ruining something so great. Make the pvp with brackets done the right way! and new people like me coming in (experienced player that is fun to play with) will enjoy it much more. And I'm not a shi* player like mudkip. The server might have did a good job getting rid of people like mudkip but the server also just pushed away all the other honorable talent/players that played as well because the game went from fun/challenging to kinda just dumb. making pvp change so drastically like that. I believe there's a lot of steps to look at when it comes to this bracket thing. To give the game a better pvp feel and to keep those nasty high level pkers out!

    you get equalized gear in battlegrounds(pvp) for CS
    In fwc you get eq gear as well but it sucks compared to high enchanted stormcry and heroic oath

    FWC is getting deleted on the 16th for a completely new and better battleground that is 7v7 instead of 15v15. also with equalized gear and new PVP only gear that you can enchant with materials you get from PVPing in battlegrounds.
  • ElinLoveElinLove ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vy1Vivi wrote: »
    I don't know why some of you are acting as if pvp enabled between level brackets hasn't been suggested before. Its been suggested numerous times, but for BHS it was just easier for them to disable it outright until you hit level 65. [...]

    ayy who's acting as if it was a new idea? I literally said on every comment that it has been proposed over and over before! And me and OP are the only ones discussing how it would change stuff, all others didn't even touch the topic.
    Ray676 wrote: »
    Vy1Vivi wrote: »
    I don't know why some of you are acting as if pvp enabled between level brackets hasn't been suggested before. Its been suggested numerous times, but for BHS it was just easier for them to disable it outright until you hit level 65. And as to the question of WHY they did it, well its obvious. The griefing of low-level players. You see it all the time in PvP servers. I remember when I first played when it went free to play it happened too - camping at lumbertown bridge, griefing out in the open-world while you were leveling, etc. The game back then was more populated however so you would see pvp between equal levels more frequently. Nowadays with the open world dead you wouldn't really have much of that anyway.

    And you know what else disappoints me? This:
    kamizuma wrote: »
    6EL4RYR46F wrote: »
    How was the pvp for lowbies before? were level 65 able to attack a low level? or were there different level brackets for pvp?

    this is what happened
    Not just this video, but did you read the comments and reaction to it? The community is toxic, and just mmo communities in general that venerate griefing scumbags like the person responsible for this video. So yeah, I think it was best overall that they disabled pvp for 65 and below. This game is already harsh enough for new players as it is with fewer and fewer new players actually staying, and the last thing it needs is for scum like 'mudkip' or whatever they were.

    It'd drive off the rest of the new player population and the game would really be screwed. It doesn't take long to level to 65 anyway, and even then once you reach 65 you'd just be fodder for geared players in your guardian/twist-shard/frostmetal/base storm cry gear regardless.

    new players that refuse to learn don't deserve sympathy mate. they get to 65 gear to 439 or 446 MAYBE then be ignorant trapping other players in dungeons. good riddance hope they stay gone

    also every 'community' has 'toxic' people, the remedy is simple thing called a block button

    new players need to get their [filtered] in gear or just leave to a game the panders to toddlers like maplestory or league

    I'm honestly having trouble understanding how this connects or relates to anything. No one is saying about ignorant cocky new players, the grieving discussed has nothing to do with ability, it's just plain impossible to avoid it when they did it, campers would take key leveling locations that were downright mandatory to new players and camp ALL channels. There's nothing to learn. Block ain't solving this, and honestly, if the 1st and only thing you ever get is toxicity when you start the game, all you lose for not bothering with that crap anymore is 46GB of download and some minutes. The damage is done already if you need a block button on your 1st few hours or minutes of game.

    Sure, this is no hugging pack of puppies, it's a freaking M-rated game where you kill monsters with thicc loli or huge [filtered] elves (meh some play males too), you gotta expect some foul language and making enemies but it's not like you can ignore toxicity and play off as "part of the pack" to any extent. Grieving was way past the point of tolerable toxicity and approving of it falls right along in my opinion.
  • YamazukiYamazuki ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ray676 wrote: »

    new players need to get their [filtered] in gear or just leave to a game the panders to toddlers like maplestory or league

    That's what they did, don't worry. Which is why there's very little pvpers to begin with.
  • GearsSickGearsSick ✭✭
    edited January 13
    I love how the deterrent for bringing back low level pvp is always griefing campers at Lumbertown. The best way to avoid dying is to actually avoid it, think of how to get around. I've been playing since F2p, roughly 500 days of gameplay. I got Pk'd by some guy griefing lowbies deep in Fey, sat at the bridge wondering how to get past, died, got invited to a mass recruit guild, and have loved the game's pvp since.

    Most people got introduced to PvP through griefing the thought of dying or fighting at any time was exciting. I had no idea what I was doing so I sat there watching people fight all the time before I could join myself. I remember watching a Lancer in Conjunct who was a fking GOD, he 1v4d and destroyed other 60s. A Warrior same as me who dominated 1v2s. I wanted to get that good which I did and fought that same Warrior many times. It inspired me to hit 60, get gear, and make friends to wage war with that I still talk to till this day all these years later. Owpvp was my favorite aspect of Tera for years. I've done 1000s of owpvp fights because of 1 guy who killed me in Fey who If I ever saw again I'd thank then kick his [filtered].

    An important issue to discuss are these videos that happened "on patch day" for new classes. It's some weird distorted protest to releasing new broken classes. The videos are popular because Mudkip was one of the most competitive slayers in pvp, not the actions hes committing. I've killed more low levels by accident pvping 60s in Fey than the video. I don't condone his videos but there weren't people camping locations all over the map 24/7. I've leveled 30+ characters stop it. Eme temporarily disabled pvp "in the zone" which is the only smart thing they've done regarding the issue... BHS didn't/doesn't need to step in. It was too late to stop the damage but if implemented earlier it could've stopped many people from quitting before they started playing the game.

    I made 3 leveling guilds back then to help people like myself. Most new players quit Tera because of the the old leveling system after 40 it slows down ridiculously, slow aspd, and no skills early making classes seem boring. This has been fixed with how easy it is to level and skills earlier. You wouldn't be able to do much pvp since leveling is so dungeon streamlined but it's a great option imo. I learned all my skills, how they worked, and combos before hitting Max. You can learn by using them or having them used on you. There are plenty of people who go into bgs having no idea what half their skills do simply because they never got to see them used.

  • edited January 13
    GearsSick wrote: »
    I love how the deterrent for bringing back low level pvp is always griefing campers at Lumbertown.

    FWIW, probably the larger reason they're not bringing it back is because it was an NA & EU-specific feature that the other regions never had and didn't want, and in those days the big thing they were doing was trying to eliminate market-specific deviations so they could speed up the patch cycle.

    That said, my guess is that the Lumbertown stuff probably reduced the amount of staff that were willing to "fight" to keep the feature. It created more "drama" at all the key times when they were trying to bring people into the game, so there were probably some people who weren't sad to see it go. (That being said, not everyone; even among EME staff, some liked the old OWPvP system.)

    There probably were a lot of ways they could have fixed it (like make it so that you can only attack someone within <x> levels of you, or make it a two-way opt-in, etc.) but again... the fact that none of the other regions (except NA & EU) had it and cared is probably what did it in.
  • GearsSick wrote: »
    I love how the deterrent for bringing back low level pvp is always griefing campers at Lumbertown. The best way to avoid dying is to actually avoid it, think of how to get around. I've been playing since F2p, roughly 500 days of gameplay. I got Pk'd by some guy griefing lowbies deep in Fey, sat at the bridge wondering how to get past, died, got invited to a mass recruit guild, and have loved the game's pvp since.

    Most people got introduced to PvP through griefing the thought of dying or fighting at any time was exciting. I had no idea what I was doing so I sat there watching people fight all the time before I could join myself. I remember watching a Lancer in Conjunct who was a fking GOD, he 1v4d and destroyed other 60s. A Warrior same as me who dominated 1v2s. I wanted to get that good which I did and fought that same Warrior many times. It inspired me to hit 60, get gear, and make friends to wage war with that I still talk to till this day all these years later. Owpvp was my favorite aspect of Tera for years. I've done 1000s of owpvp fights because of 1 guy who killed me in Fey who If I ever saw again I'd thank then kick his [filtered].


    See man I love this. Sounded like good times to me.
  • @counterpoint That is the correct answer moving closer to the korean builds so patches could come out faster. The General community consensus is "lumbertown griefing blah blah" which my little story was mainly aimed at. Every thread relating to this topic always leads back to evil players who ruin the community killing lowbies.

    @6EL4RYR46F Those were great times I couldn't wait to login back then. The guild I joined was constantly in GVG like 7 GVGs at a time back when people actually fought just to fight. The day I joined we did a 7v7 GvG of level 15-25s its hilarious to think back on. Always had to look over your shoulder if you left town to quest we got alot of hate for just going and recruiting everyone haha. That's something most people who play the game hardcore or casually seem to miss out on. Enjoying the game and just having fun it's sad that so many players lost the chance to enjoy that experience. I could literally write a book on fun tera pvp fights. If you ever need any help or want to just talk pm me on Kaiator Ign: Demons
Sign In or Register to comment.