Cobseed Scam in the Trade Broker

So apparently people have taken to selling the old Cobseed (Common rarity) on the trade broker for the same price as the new Cobseed (Green Rarity), I'm assuming in hopes to make top gold for an old item they may have stockpiled. The old cobseed is a gatherable from the fields in roostock, which you can only get during the event-- but if you actually do all the event quests you can wind up with a lot of it. It *usually* isn't too hard to tell from the new Cobseed (post Apex update, the big gathering update that added fishing) as it'll sell for way lower and thus appear all in one section in the trade broker.

I negotiated 27 cobseed for ~600 gold and I had already turned in my last fish crate for the day; I just wanted to craft fish soup as I'm trying to work my Cooking up to 500 and then log off, but nope, Rootstock Cobseed. And when I went to rootstock to get some butter so I could at least make Popped Cobseed, Melsa and even the fields of veggies from the event were nowhere to be found. Not that that last part is a complaint about the trade broker, but it threw me off that bad. I just feel stupid about the whole thing.

But I still don't know if i got scammed, or if it's a glitch that is causing Uncommon (the usable stuff) Cobseed to register as Common (rootstock variety) Cobseed when you finish the transaction.
Isn't there any better way to tell them apart (and avoid the old switcharoo) than hovering over the item description and checking the rarity indicator in the corner of the icon?

Comments

• Like you just said yourself, the old version of the nodes are grey, and the new nodes are green. Just look for the color of the text when you purchase.

Side-by-side of the new and old cobseed
  • Trade broker have rarity filter function.
  • Gathering yourself and you won't get ripped off. It takes no time to get all you need.
    Sorry that's just my opinion.
  • esopasaxotario .
  • Vy1ViviVy1Vivi ✭✭✭
    Its the classic 'be careful what you're buying.' As always be more vigilant when buying things off the broker from other players. Carefully read their names, description, and look at their rarity color too if you have to before purchasing. You could get easily tricked this way if you don't do those things.
  • HxxxHxxx ✭✭
    It's just... this has never happened before, that's way I'm so embarrassed.
    I literally got the one one that was common Cobseed in a pile of uncommon Cobseed because the user selling was online and could do the negotiate thing. O-something with a period in the middle... it wasn't in English. Who even does this? It might even have been their mistake. Maybe they couldn't tell which kind they had.
  • ChristinChristin ✭✭✭✭
    IMO there was no reason the old materials could not have been edited to be untradable. There is no reason there should be stockpiles of old and unusable materials on the broker. That was just poor and laziness by BHS or EME. An edit to the item tables is all it would have taken. They had to edit the tables anyway to make it all unusable, so why not just make it all untradable as well?

I haven't gotten scammed by the old stuff, but yeah, people are putting the old stuff up in hopes of tricking people into buying it. Right after the update, the broker was full of old mats. It's unprofessional and a sad state for new players when they go to buy mats. No to mention it simply looks awful with so much for sale in the broker with it's description that it's not even usable materials. Just be happy you only lost 600 gold. I bet loads of people have lost more. IMO it should have been fixed right away and not left to fester like this.

I know most of the comments will say it's YOUR responsibility, but really, either EME or BHS should have dealt with this. People just like to blame the players, because they know expecting EME or BHS to actually do anything about it is pointless.
  • VinyltailsVinyltails ✭✭✭✭
    Scams of any type only happen when gullible people fall for it and not notice differences
  • Honestly, I have been putting all of my rootstock stuff up for sale because there are people who still craft root stock stuff.
  • Naru2008Naru2008 ✭✭✭✭
    Christin wrote: »
    IMO there was no reason the old materials could not have been edited to be untradable. There is no reason there should be stockpiles of old and unusable materials on the broker. That was just poor and laziness by BHS or EME. An edit to the item tables is all it would have taken. They had to edit the tables anyway to make it all unusable, so why not just make it all untradable as well?

I haven't gotten scammed by the old stuff, but yeah, people are putting the old stuff up in hopes of tricking people into buying it. Right after the update, the broker was full of old mats. It's unprofessional and a sad state for new players when they go to buy mats. No to mention it simply looks awful with so much for sale in the broker with it's description that it's not even usable materials. Just be happy you only lost 600 gold. I bet loads of people have lost more. IMO it should have been fixed right away and not left to fester like this.

I know most of the comments will say it's YOUR responsibility, but really, either EME or BHS should have dealt with this. People just like to blame the players, because they know expecting EME or BHS to actually do anything about it is pointless.

Some people like to have collectibles that you cannot get anymore. Broker is one way to do so. I don't think those users should be punished for wanting to satisfy their craving.

• Some people like to have collectibles that you cannot get anymore. Broker is one way to do so. I don't think those users should be punished for wanting to satisfy their craving.

I agree and the ones who try to blame BHS or EME should just STOP useing the trade broker

• This happened to me with the Normetal Ore since i was not paying attention at the start and then i saw the mistake that i did..

Just be sure to filter the search when buying the new materials.
  • That's how mafia works
  • These mats are still usable, so watch the rarity/name/description before you buy; some peoples might still want them for rootstock designs and crafting.
  • ChristinChristin ✭✭✭✭
    Naru2008 wrote: »
    Christin wrote: »

Some people like to have collectibles that you cannot get anymore. Broker is one way to do so. I don't think those users should be punished for wanting to satisfy their craving.

That is just the lamest excuse there could ever be. If they wanted to keep the old stuff so badly, they had plenty of time before the crafting revamp.
    KXRC9JMW74 wrote: »

I agree and the ones who try to blame BHS or EME should just STOP useing the trade broker

Seriously, just get over yourself already.
    Shavronne wrote: »
    These mats are still usable, so watch the rarity/name/description before you buy; some peoples might still want them for rootstock designs and crafting.

What do you not get about "No longer usable"?