[PC] We will be entering into maintenance downtime on 10/17 at 8am PDT, and have an expected downtime of 3 hours. For details, please visit the following thread: http://bit.ly/terapcmaintenance

PvE Events for PvE Server

2»

Comments

• MaximumbootyMaximumbooty ✭✭
    edited January 15
    Youre not getting pvp level rewards from pve, pve takes 0 effort drooling on your keyboard. Teras reward system is skewed towards pvp to incentive pvp, nothing will ever incentivize pve players without spoonfeeding them deathwrack/stormcry Because they hate anything that requires effort/takes them out of their comfort bubble.

Youll get seasonal fluff content that rains easy mats and rewards on you then go right back ro whining that players who are actually putting in real effort are more rewarded than you.

Remove the pvp option from pve servers entirely including bgs then beg, till then you have the same options as pvp players so use it or leave.
  • edited January 15
    Exortus wrote: »
    HGHNWAN7AE wrote: »
    > @GuardianAngelGG said:
    > I agree wholeheartedly with this. There is too much focus on PvP events for many rewards on the PvE server, when many of us joined the PvE server because we are PvE players who have no interest at all in PvP gaming. All of the battleground and whatever type events give a lot of rewards, but it would be nice if we could have more PvE events on the PvE server, especially since it is... well.. you know... a PvE server!

The most recent pvp event was the 3x bg drops on Christmas. Before that there was the corsairs cosmetic event that came out with the release of cs. I can't really think of any other pvp events that have occured. If you are referring to the "jackpot rewards" those are there to give incentive for people to play bgs. It's not an event, it's essentially dungeon rewards for the winning team. If you're reffering to the additional rewards given from the daily quests for bgs as an event then you are misinformed. The additional rewards we're placed there to give pvp player battleground and killing spree credits that were abruptly removed. It's not an eventful but a "fix".

If there are any actual pvp events that I've forgotten about please post them.

Also: I think that dungeon events would be fun and useful. Something along the lines of 2x dungeon rewards, another additive drop event, bonus feedstock for completing a dungeon, or an event that drops a limited time cosmetic from killing/completing bosses/dungeons.

After reading your post, I see that I used the term "events" incorrectly for a video game. I was mainly referring to the Battlegrounds, where PvP players can get plenty of rewards on the PvE server, which are not available to PvE players who do not want to participate in PvP "things" (or events, or Battlegrounds, or whatever term is appropriate). I would like to see permanent "things" for the PvE players to enjoy, which give the same rewards as the Battlegrounds. I did specifically mention "battlegrounds" in my first post in this thread, but I did not use that word later. On the plus side, you mentioned wanting 2x dungeon rewards, and they announced that there will be a 2X chance of dungeon drops, this coming weekend. I am looking forward to that! :)

http://tera.enmasse.com/news/posts/this-week-in-tera-january-14-21

As of right now, everything in the PVP credits shop is available in PVE. All items are available from PVP and PVE excluding PVP jewelry, which should not matter to those who have no interest in PVP.

So, I can now save up my credits and buy top-tier gear designs, just like in the PvP shops? I can also save up my credits and buy the resizers I want, without having to rely on random drops and rolls?

• Remove the pvp option from pve servers entirely including bgs then beg, till then you have the same options as pvp players so use it or leave.

Actually, removing all PvP options from the PvE server is an EXCELLENT idea! I would certainly support that. Not only would all players on the PvE server be getting equal rewards, without having to be forced into PvP, it may actually help increase the population of the PvP server. If PvPers could no longer use the PvE server as a PvP "fix", then maybe more of them would be willing to join the PvP server, where the only PvP options would exist. As it stands now, there is very little difference between the PvE and PvP servers. There is too much of a "mis-match", and more clearly defining the PvE server as an actual PvE server, and more clearly defining the PvP server as an actual PvP server (not only being the only place for PvP Battlegrounds, but also enhancing their open world PvP abilities) would make much more sense, if you are actually going to have PvE and PvP servers.

• ExipheusExipheus Kazura (XB1 NA Lakan ) mod
    edited January 16
    > @GuardianAngelGG said:
    > I agree wholeheartedly with this. There is too much focus on PvP events for many rewards on the PvE server, when many of us joined the PvE server because we are PvE players who have no interest at all in PvP gaming. All of the battleground and whatever type events give a lot of rewards, but it would be nice if we could have more PvE events on the PvE server, especially since it is... well.. you know... a PvE server!

The most recent pvp event was the 3x bg drops on Christmas. Before that there was the corsairs cosmetic event that came out with the release of cs. I can't really think of any other pvp events that have occured. If you are referring to the "jackpot rewards" those are there to give incentive for people to play bgs. It's not an event, it's essentially dungeon rewards for the winning team. If you're reffering to the additional rewards given from the daily quests for bgs as an event then you are misinformed. The additional rewards we're placed there to give pvp player battleground and killing spree credits that were abruptly removed. It's not an eventful but a "fix".

Also: I think that dungeon events would be fun and useful. Something along the lines of 2x dungeon rewards, another additive drop event, bonus feedstock for completing a dungeon, or an event that drops a limited time cosmetic from killing/completing bosses/dungeons.

After reading your post, I see that I used the term "events" incorrectly for a video game. I was mainly referring to the Battlegrounds, where PvP players can get plenty of rewards on the PvE server, which are not available to PvE players who do not want to participate in PvP "things" (or events, or Battlegrounds, or whatever term is appropriate). I would like to see permanent "things" for the PvE players to enjoy, which give the same rewards as the Battlegrounds. I did specifically mention "battlegrounds" in my first post in this thread, but I did not use that word later. On the plus side, you mentioned wanting 2x dungeon rewards, and they announced that there will be a 2X chance of dungeon drops, this coming weekend. I am looking forward to that! :)

As of right now, everything in the PVP credits shop is available in PVE. All items are available from PVP and PVE excluding PVP jewelry, which should not matter to those who have no interest in PVP.

So, I can now save up my credits and buy top-tier gear designs, just like in the PvP shops? I can also save up my credits and buy the resizers I want, without having to rely on random drops and rolls?

Actually, yes. You get dice fragments for completing Demon's Wheel which can be used to purchase resizers, circlets, diadem designs, and the materials to craft a diadem. Each boss also drops 2 designs. Out of my 67 clears of Demon's Wheel, only 2 runs have had one of the bosses not drop 2 designs. As a result, designs are now worth around 3k and being that it is an MMO, trading designs you don't need for ones you do is encouraged.
  • Exortus wrote: »
    > @GuardianAngelGG said:

Actually, yes. You get dice fragments for completing Demon's Wheel which can be used to purchase resizers, circlets, diadem designs, and the materials to craft a diadem. Each boss also drops 2 designs. Out of my 67 clears of Demon's Wheel, only 2 runs have had one of the bosses not drop 2 designs. As a result, designs are now worth around 3k and being that it is an MMO, trading designs you don't need for ones you do is encouraged.

Thank you for that. I did not know this.
  • ExipheusExipheus Kazura (XB1 NA Lakan ) mod
    > @GuardianAngelGG said:

Thank you for that. I did not know this.

You're welcome ^.^
  • HexxuHexxu ✭✭
    Simply put LAG!!! everything but 3v3 you lag in PVP, that's why people don't play it.