The Strong Bravery (removal) vs Bravery thread

Comments

• iLuckyiLucky ✭✭✭
    Pretty much my entire argument was covered by Taldek's post. https://forums.enmasse.com/tera/discussion/comment/273109/#Comment_273109

I don't get why they suddenly think that this potion is broken when other regions have consumables that are quite literally 6x the boost (2% bravery increase of strong vs regular vs 12.5% damage on CAP that actually STACKS with the cane/bravery). Honestly, BHS if you're reading this you need to stop letting other regions get away with these things and forcing NA to do what you want. If you want to make changes, it needs to be equalized across all regions.
  • And let's consider the consequences of bricking the potions like Taldek said or leaving them.

If we leave them, every player who does not have them is at a permanent and tangible disadvantage versus another player who does. If they're bricked, NA is even further depowered compared to the rest of the world.

There is no winning scenario in how they are made unobtainable.

And for another thing, most of mine and other people's exasperation at this goes way beyond losing a minor amount of damage. This has way more to do with Bluehole being totally out of touch with both how all of the regions of the game have mutated, and the wants of players, both of which probably led them to conclude that foreign players would welcome this.
  • edited January 15
    I wholeheartedly agree with @EmberBec's and @Taldek's post and hope that BHS reconsiders.
    EmberBec wrote: »
    2% atk speed and 2% damage is NOT a game-breaking thing. period. bhs is being stupid to remove that from NA when other regions have stuff like seal of the undying flame, emblem of eminence, glorious memento, among other op stuff. THOSE are game-breaking, not strong braveries or strong canes.
    Taldek wrote: »
    Let's take a moment to appreciate after delaying the talent system for literally YEARS, suddenly now bhs cares about other region "balance".
    Let's also review everything all the other regions have:
    Eu:
    NCGU.png
    9e13d0a8465141b2000859a1759b81be.png
    6235174d00a850770fc92cd6f203314a.png
    024243cff37299a81550dc8e0ed0c86b.png

Russia:
    Eu1tWhN.png

Every other region has Velik's Helper(23 power/23 endurance) in harder dungeons, and some have a stronger version in Bahaar.
    While this was intended to make up for lack of talents, we now have them and so it was removed for us, other regions kept them because idklol.

If they really care about "balance" all these things would also be removed as ktera doesn't have them either. Wait and see a week when EU/RU get the patch. This could also just be whataboutism, fine.

Do players agree/disagree that strongs should be unobtainable? lets find out:
    http://www.strawpoll.me/17234036

While i don't think players would support this either, simply making them unobtainable is somewhat worse for players who didn't stockpile a bunch, as newer players simply wont have them. Bricking them entirely would be more "balanced" lol.
  • CornishRexCornishRex ✭✭✭✭✭
    What possesses bhs/eme to always do the opposite of what their players want?
  • Ray676Ray676 ✭✭✭
    CornishRex wrote: »
    What possesses bhs/eme to always do the opposite of what their players want?

because your [filtered] to them is free use
  • VulcarionVulcarion ✭✭✭
    This is an unnecessary change that promotes anxiousness and dissatisfaction in many circles of the NA player base. How BHS continues to be so disconnected from what we players would like to see in the game, I simply cannot understand. Keep the strong versions of both consumables, and making them even more accessible would be an improvement.

Consumables should be, at the very least, extremely feasible to obtain so as to distract as minutely as possible from combat gameplay and we should not have to endure any further reductions in potential grinding efficiency, especially when compared with other regions, to promote that accessibility.

I think the addition of the "new lamb bulgogi", fish steak and lein's root beer to crafting was a step in the right direction although it could certainly be improved upon by making them even easier to obtain.
  • MelyodisMelyodis ✭✭✭
    So i'm in agreement but whats the stats on the the replacement Elite Bravery Potion Elite Canephora Potion no one is posting the stats so let me ask if anyone knows.
  • First post doesn't even explain anything. All i see is screenshots of consumables from this region, that region... Is there an official post or article about this changes? I don't even understand what is getting removed. Are they removing/ replacing those consumables from our inventory? Or just the means to get them. And what is this about balance?

Back then when we asked Spacecat to make changes to the bravery pot, he said they couldn't even find the bloody thing item ID, or something. They had to make a new one.

:thinking:
  • HLK76PFWXTHLK76PFWXT ✭✭✭
    edited January 15
    Regional Balance? When Europe has so many consumables with even up to 12% damage for 30 minutes that costs 2.5k gold and it is tradeable? Really? We are actually playing the hardest version of them all because the other regions even have the +23 power/endurance left for dungeons besides the many consumables that they have and we are going to have even more difficulty added?

Also.. this is probably a coincidence but it looks like stats from certain sources such as potions are being removed to make players work hard to acquire the same stats through stupidly expensive gear like Heroic Oath...

Anyway, i am hoping that they are not going to be stupid enough to completely remove the Strong Bravery/Canephoras from those that managed to save them up because i have opened many strongboxes in the six months exactly because i wanted to have a stock on those useful potions since i am playing with different characters and i would be extremely mad to see them removed from my inventory.
  • They are removing temporarily, soon enough we will see a strong bravery/canephora on the Tera Store next to you wait and see
  • And no position of eme ... typical
  • There is no reason to remove them...
  • edited January 15
    https://forums.enmasse.com/tera/discussion/30469/patch-notes-v79-january-15-shore-hold

@TheCatalyst and for anyone else that may need a quick summary of the situation.

- Patch notes lists the ways of obtaining the strong bravery and canephora consumable to be removed.

- Previously obtained strong braveries/canephora will still be useable.

- BHS's reasoning for the removal is for game balancing puposes.

- In response, to this a lot of the player base have stocked up hundreds on strong braveries/canephora before today's patch. New players will have no chance in getting the stronger bravery/canephora potion.

- Meanwhile, other regions have a variety of
    region exclusive cosumables/buffs that are much stronger compared to the strong braveries/canephora being removed in NA.
  • H6655DYXE9 wrote: »
    - Meanwhile, other regions have a variety of
    region exclusive cosumables/buffs that are much stronger compared to the strong braveries/canephora being removed in NA.

Cash shop - p2w consumables.
  • CornishRexCornishRex ✭✭✭✭✭
    > @EJECWCWG55 said:
    > H6655DYXE9 wrote: »
    >
    > - Meanwhile, other regions have a variety of
    > region exclusive cosumables/buffs that are much stronger compared to the strong braveries/canephora being removed in NA.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Cash shop - p2w consumables.

Not at all. Combat accelerator (extra 15% damage) on eu is obtainable through ghillie and broker and weekend events and is very commonly used. It's literally an extra strong cane that stacks on cane/bravery.