Please stop making brawlers if you don't know how to tank endgame.

12346»

Comments

• CornishRexCornishRex ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tacoknight wrote: »
    CornishRex wrote: »
    Y3JWANRWKE wrote: »
    I'd just like to inform u guys that warriors after revamp are better tanks than brawlers as they can do the same damage and they can give their party nice buffs. I don't know why warrior revamp was no included in console, it really sucks.

To play a brawler properly you need to get the glyph on roundhouse kick that gives you block when linking into haymaker/piledriver/jackhammer. Keep up growing fury as long as possible. You can put the roundhouse kick reset glyph on piledriver too if you wish.
    Brawlers are probably the easiest class to play and after 2 years I don't see how people are still struggling with them.

This is really the kinda stuff us aspiring tanks would like to know. I have looked for some guides and it's hard to find some with real examples of tanking. I am approaching max level on brawler and spend a ton of time dead in dungeons. Some runs better than others.

I try to time my blocks, and keep threat, use taunt and stuff but i am still learning. On bosses i've never faced i find myself block spamming because i just don't get how sometimes i take zero damage and others i take a lot. I've noticedd that there are times when i have to move the bosses but it's all still learning.

I wanted to warrior, but they just don't feel like they're in a great spot on console. The other issue i've found is there are just soooo many brawlers. When i play on my 65 and my dps classes, i've noticed the brawlers that just don't get it tend to bullrush mobs all over the map and not hold aggro at all. The good brawlers are incredible to have, and im somewhere in the middle, trying but not having great success.

As I mentioned in another post, and while I am not quite familiar with all the brawler skills, I have noticed a lot of brawlers can hold aggro but where they fail is Ad control. The first boss in liliths keep is a great example. I see many Brawler tanks always face tanking the boss, and sure they hold his aggro but when the boss summons the flame adds they ignore them completely and the dungeon falls apart because a DPS or Heal cannot do their job being chased by 3-4 adds. You need to be aware of your surroundings as a tank, Brawlers can do good damage but the job of a tank is not to do damage. If many of the brawlers who end up pulling the tank role would get in the mindset of battlefield awareness and controlling the enemies instead of trying to pull boss aggro and DPS him solely a lot of the issues with brawlers would be solved. The Brawler is not a bad class, none of the classes in this game are bad, it all comes down to the person holding the controller.

Ok the add part in LK goes like this.
    Boss goes and runs around, mobs will spawn. A brawler should shout and use groundpounder on the mobs and hit them a bit HOWEVER, once the boss comes back the tank is supposed to focus on the boss. The DPS' job is to deal with mobs, not the tank's. If the healer is getting chased around by mobs this is something that can easily be taken care of by the dps. Mobs in lk cannot be cc'd or moved around at all, they don't really like to listen, the most a brawler can do is shout at them and hope they come to the front, if not the dps shoud take care of them as their health pool isn't all that big.

As for brawler tips, @Tacoknight you do not need to use block on brawler almost at all. Ground pounder will always give you block. Glyphed roundhouse kick into haymaker/piledriver/jackhammer will as well. You use those few skills to build up rage and after that you use growing fury that will always block automatically for you. There is some damage that is not blockable but it is iframeable, your job to learn which! You need to pay attention to when you have growing fury on or not.

i honestly spammed counter....seriously. I should probably watch some videos, even outdated because i am probably doing everything wrong.

Using basic attack + counter is fine in cases where all of your skills are on cooldown, or you're out of growing furry and you can't use anything else but these should always be filler.
  • CornishRex wrote: »
    I'd just like to inform u guys that warriors after revamp are better tanks than brawlers as they can do the same damage and they can give their party nice buffs. I don't know why warrior revamp was no included in console, it really sucks.

To play a brawler properly you need to get the glyph on roundhouse kick that gives you block when linking into haymaker/piledriver/jackhammer. Keep up growing fury as long as possible. You can put the roundhouse kick reset glyph on piledriver too if you wish.
    Brawlers are probably the easiest class to play and after 2 years I don't see how people are still struggling with them.

This is really the kinda stuff us aspiring tanks would like to know. I have looked for some guides and it's hard to find some with real examples of tanking. I am approaching max level on brawler and spend a ton of time dead in dungeons. Some runs better than others.

I try to time my blocks, and keep threat, use taunt and stuff but i am still learning. On bosses i've never faced i find myself block spamming because i just don't get how sometimes i take zero damage and others i take a lot. I've noticedd that there are times when i have to move the bosses but it's all still learning.

I wanted to warrior, but they just don't feel like they're in a great spot on console. The other issue i've found is there are just soooo many brawlers. When i play on my 65 and my dps classes, i've noticed the brawlers that just don't get it tend to bullrush mobs all over the map and not hold aggro at all. The good brawlers are incredible to have, and im somewhere in the middle, trying but not having great success.

As I mentioned in another post, and while I am not quite familiar with all the brawler skills, I have noticed a lot of brawlers can hold aggro but where they fail is Ad control. The first boss in liliths keep is a great example. I see many Brawler tanks always face tanking the boss, and sure they hold his aggro but when the boss summons the flame adds they ignore them completely and the dungeon falls apart because a DPS or Heal cannot do their job being chased by 3-4 adds. You need to be aware of your surroundings as a tank, Brawlers can do good damage but the job of a tank is not to do damage. If many of the brawlers who end up pulling the tank role would get in the mindset of battlefield awareness and controlling the enemies instead of trying to pull boss aggro and DPS him solely a lot of the issues with brawlers would be solved. The Brawler is not a bad class, none of the classes in this game are bad, it all comes down to the person holding the controller.

Boss goes and runs around, mobs will spawn. A brawler should shout and use groundpounder on the mobs and hit them a bit HOWEVER, once the boss comes back the tank is supposed to focus on the boss. The DPS' job is to deal with mobs, not the tank's. If the healer is getting chased around by mobs this is something that can easily be taken care of by the dps. Mobs in lk cannot be cc'd or moved around at all, they don't really like to listen, the most a brawler can do is shout at them and hope they come to the front, if not the dps shoud take care of them as their health pool isn't all that big.

As for brawler tips, @Tacoknight you do not need to use block on brawler almost at all. Ground pounder will always give you block. Glyphed roundhouse kick into haymaker/piledriver/jackhammer will as well. You use those few skills to build up rage and after that you use growing fury that will always block automatically for you. There is some damage that is not blockable but it is iframeable, your job to learn which! You need to pay attention to when you have growing fury on or not.

i honestly spammed counter....seriously. I should probably watch some videos, even outdated because i am probably doing everything wrong.

Using basic attack + counter is fine in cases where all of your skills are on cooldown, or you're out of growing furry and you can't use anything else but these should always be filler.

im going to have to get in the habit of using my skills more. I glyped the roundhouse kick for tanking and ground pound i turn orange and see my defense kick in. any other tips? I have tanked in every mmo and this one has been the hardest to get used to. I dk tanked through wow for years. Tera is a completely different style.
  • CornishRexCornishRex ✭✭✭✭✭

im going to have to get in the habit of using my skills more. I glyped the roundhouse kick for tanking and ground pound i turn orange and see my defense kick in. any other tips? I have tanked in every mmo and this one has been the hardest to get used to. I dk tanked through wow for years. Tera is a completely different style.

This is one of the most recent guides for brawler and I think it covers up the things I can't remember of the top of my head right now https://essentialmana.com/neps-brawler-guide/
    The basic tanking traits listed at the start are great for all tanks alike so I think everyone should give it a read, even if they're not a tank just to get the basic understanding of what is expected from one in a party!
    IMO brawlers are the easiest tank but they're also the only tank I geared because while they're simple to play they're very satisfying and great for doing dungeons with randoms because they can carry well. I hope you enjoy brawler o/

I don't understand why some new people even try so hard to just dps with a brawler as they do the same job perfectly fine from the front, while tanking and holding the boss in place. Frankly that feels much better than just hitting the boss from the back!
  • It actually says in the load screans to "know your role" so that you are a better group player. So yes Enmass is telling brawlers to tank actually.

Saying they should be allowed to play the way they want is LITERALLY the same as me saying I prefer to dps with my priest. Stop asking me for heals. I chose to play my priest as a caster dps....

This isnt an action game like devil may cry. This is a team based mmo and you are supposed to play your role.
  • my problem is that they have pure tank classes such as the lancer, and they made the brawler which does pretty decent dps, but also made it a tank, i think like most games. they should have a dps build and tank build. i tank on my brawler. it was a bit to figure out the timing on the block. my problem is when you do grab up a few mobs, the dps is a bit [filtered] thinking they can just nuke. and the tank hold everything. like any other mmo with tanks and dps, you have to give the tank a second or two to threat them.

but this is the big problem when they make a hybrid dps tank class. that being said, i actually prefer the brawler as a tnak, it allows me to actually contribute, unlike the lancer just being a meat shield.
  • You just nekrod a thread from april and brawler dps isn't that far from lancer dps.

Lancer is just superior at raid dps, Which is the only dps that matters. Brawler doing "ok" dps doesnt mean it gets a free pass to BE a dps because even back crit brawler doesnt come that close to other real dps

Theyre definitely not going to revamp an entire class because players want to be stupid
  • Due to the age of this thread (April 2018) and necroing, I'll be closing it.

Thanks guys and happy posting!
This discussion has been closed.