[PC] Maintenance is now complete!

Gms & Codes

Some special reason for not having more codes, to get items, even for 7 days, and also for NEVER appear a GM in the servers, even if it is to politely wish a good day, so that everyone knows there is someone besides the players who are dedicated to making the game more fun? Because after Eme's only GM, Spacecats, everything seems to be abandoned, as if the players were isolated, without support, beyond the official page. I do not see this in any other game. R.I.P ??? :/

Comments

• KXRC9JMW74KXRC9JMW74 ✭✭✭
    edited January 16
    [Mod Edit: Removed Personal Attack]
  • I'm not sure whether I understand you, but there were several GMs before Spacecats, several of whom were held in higher regard. Tonka, Treeshark, Minea--might be forgetting one or two.
  • ChristinChristin ✭✭✭✭
    ChakNense wrote: »
    Some special reason for not having more codes, to get items, even for 7 days, and also for NEVER appear a GM in the servers, even if it is to politely wish a good day, so that everyone knows there is someone besides the players who are dedicated to making the game more fun? Because after Eme's only GM, Spacecats, everything seems to be abandoned, as if the players were isolated, without support, beyond the official page. I do not see this in any other game. R.I.P ??? :/

No doubt that is why he left. At least we no longer have to waste an hour or so on Fridays to get the code. Temp stuff is really a waste and seems to just clog up bank space. It is what it is, and EME has made it quite clear that they have no intention of giving perm free stuff away in codes anymore.
  • Temp item codes are whatever, but some people did like them. What OP does bring up is that Spacecats had leagues more interaction with the community than our current CM does. Even when Spacecats was around, many would point out he could interact more, which makes the currently level of community interaction abysmal.
  • HLK76PFWXTHLK76PFWXT ✭✭✭
    edited January 15
    JXE5356AKE wrote: »
    Temp item codes are whatever, but some people did like them. What OP does bring up is that Spacecats had leagues more interaction with the community than our current CM does. Even when Spacecats was around, many would point out he could interact more, which makes the currently level of community interaction abysmal.

Spacecats was a great person and i could definitely enjoy all his streams.. but throwing an imbalanced event every three months that could ruin the economy then not giving anything until the next event was not a great thing because we literally had to log only during the events to get super rich and not care about anything anymore.

I was speechless when the Tera economy was so mostly balanced for years then after a single event.. The prices dropped to roughly 25% of the value with masterwork alkahest going from 40g to 10g and spellbind from 60g to 15g ( master work alkahest/spellbinds were the backbone of the economy more or less at the time ).. So we could not farm gold anymore to be able to spend on the expensive gear.
  • TERA NA was better with Spacecats. No doubt, he left due to the nose dive of this game.

BHS it seems is trying to kill the game. EME is certainly doing that. I have found, thus far, TERA EU far better than this s**t.
  • What exactly are you looking for in codes? How do you want to interact with EME so that you feel like there's a relationship here?

Gifts are great, but I'd like a little more meaning other than screaming "FREE STUFF" and throwing it in the air without a care.

I'd prefer to have meaning and reason for doing those types of things. Is that unrealistic?
  • KitTeaCup wrote: »
    What exactly are you looking for in codes? How do you want to interact with EME so that you feel like there's a relationship here?

Gifts are great, but I'd like a little more meaning other than screaming "FREE STUFF" and throwing it in the air without a care.

I'd prefer to have meaning and reason for doing those types of things. Is that unrealistic?

They want "FREE" stuff
  • JXE5356AKEJXE5356AKE ✭✭✭
    edited January 17
    KXRC9JMW74 wrote: »
    KitTeaCup wrote: »
    What exactly are you looking for in codes? How do you want to interact with EME so that you feel like there's a relationship here?

They want "FREE" stuff

Please don't speak for me or others.

Now I don't care either way about codes, but things such as dragon scales, and now with the introduction of EP - a 100% EP boost here and there, would be appreciated. Dragon scales are the only way to get extra EP reset pots, and for those who do not have their 1.5x dragons. Maybe some of the nicer fishing bait with a fishing event, since afaik it's not tradable and it would give people a test since I'm sure EME wants to sell more. Dragon scales and EP boosters are non-tradable too since that's what EME has wanted to counter multi-accounting, and are things to be used and can encourage gameplay.

As for interaction, it's currently extremely inconsistent and comes in bursts accompanied by long droughts. Player questions could be answered significantly more in discord, maybe they're repetitive, but for basic things like dressing room, non-balance related things, aka things EME can actually fix, an answer is better than none. II mostly see only Singlebear and Rox in the EME Tera discord. Player council stuff took longer than expected and I still think there isn't information on the results of that. There was mention of posting entries of the art contests, and that hasn't happened in the last 2-3 leaving the art community feeling ignored and unappreciated. Posting patch notes really isn't interaction, though it is appreciated that this last one was earlier than previous ones.
    I guess the interaction sentiment also plummeted since EME wanted to merge all their game streams and put that single stream at a pretty bad time for most working or school players in all timezones. So that feels low-effort. Spacecats had the edge that he could actually do Tera-specific streams and actually played dungeons and tried to learn classes. He wasn't amazing at the game, but he put in some effort.
  • SageWinduSageWindu High Seat of the Jedi Council ✭✭✭✭✭

Maintaining a healthy relationship with the playerbase isn't meaningful or reason enough?

Huh.
  • ZoknahalZoknahal ✭✭✭✭✭

You can follow on the steps of previous CM, Spacecats. Every weekly stream, he would give a code that was worth 1k exp towards the TERA emporium tiers, a few Emporium credits to spend, which usually was 200, and some 3 or 7 days freebies. It was very nice, and not only it added viewers to the stream, but it also promoted community participation, as he normally would only give out the code once the community completed one challenge or a series of challenges.

You could bring back that to the weekly streams, and you would be in a good step to building a healthy relationship with the players.
  • metagamemetagame ✭✭✭✭
    SageWindu wrote: »
    Maintaining a healthy relationship with the playerbase isn't meaningful or reason enough?

Huh.
    how is someone joining a weekly stream to ask "code???" over and over a relationship?
  • KitTeaCup wrote: »

Spacecat used to do raffle using hangman game where he will ask something related to Tera. Those codes are for the viewers that wins the game, sent to their twitch private message, and can only be claimed once. A little something for players that not only watch the stream, plays the game, but also explore the game content.

He also used to give out a weekly stream code. Because people have been asking for a giveaway for promotional purposes, u know, like the one in those gaming websites where they put up articles about mmorpg new update/ content, and at the end of the article they offer new /returning players some redeemable codes. Streamers can also use these codes too, because it can be redeemed by many people. I think the intention at the time was to target larger audience outside of the official broadcast, because people shared it widely in the social media and even if some of them didn't watched the stream due to their own personal reason, they could still get on the hype train.

Ultimately, those codes are just stuff that EME wanted to promote, either for incoming content, sales, or even yearly celebration.
    For example like, its chinese new year, and u guys have those asian silk dresses, so u host a hangman game, but only 3 person have the chance to win. And then at end of the stream, u thanked those who were watching, and give them a promotional code of Tera reward credit box, a 7- days temp ramen noodle hat, and a 7-days temp mount of chinese dragon.. or something like that.
    :blush:
  • SageWinduSageWindu High Seat of the Jedi Council ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 18
    metagame wrote: »
    SageWindu wrote: »

Huh.
    how is someone joining a weekly stream to ask "code???" over and over a relationship?

Wow, and I thought I was cynical.

This is beyond codes and free stuff as other posters have made quite clear. This has transcended into - guess what - maintaining a healthy relationship between you (or whoever) and your potential customers. The current GMs don't have exactly have the, uh, best reputation - you know it, I know it.

If nothing else, holding informational streams on some sort of regular basis shows that EME cares in some fashion (just imagine if EME did streams to show what was happening on the KTERA side inside of the players...). At that point, getting some extra loot becomes a bonus.

Addendum: Of course there are people who care about nothing more than material gain (cough). Those people are irrelevant and always will be. Remove the codes entirely (or just grant temp items as a means of promotion) and they'll cycle themselves out, thus leaving the people who actually care about welfare of the game and its community.
  • Vy1ViviVy1Vivi ✭✭✭
    I didn't even think this game had GMs. Never once saw one ever since I returned to the game. Years ago at least every once in a blue moon you'd see a GM, actually in the world or in the chats. But now? Nope they don't exist. The relationship between the players and EME is nonexistent too still. I know Kiteacup tries, but there is room for much more improvement.

Other people here are right, this goes beyond just wanting 'free stuff' 'cause no one is actually asking for that here. You'd never expect anything free from EME, but some codes with a free consumable or temporary item here or there would't hurt. Its good advertising promotion for the game and could be the deciding factor for whether a player decides to continue playing the game and spend money on it or not.