[TERA PC & Console] En Masse is closing, but TERA lives on! We will continue to support TERA PC (NA) and TERA Console until services are transferred. Our Service Moving Info page is now live here: https://bit.ly/tera_service_moving

Cutting Edge Title

Comments

• I was under the assumption that "cutting edge valkirye" was NOT in the game. I dont remember where i've seen that statement, but i am pretty sure they said it was not in game. Maybe it was on discord.

The day the patch hits, some1 on PS4 NA got the title cuz he used the lv60 scroll (by mistake).

So the patch had 2 problems. The fact that you could use a lv60 scroll on the valk and the fact that the CE title was actually achievable.
  • XqlusivXqlusiv
    edited January 2019
    there was no plan for a cutting edge titel on a valk. here is the officel site with annouced titels:

http://tera.enmasse.com/en/news/posts/321

Titles & Achievements

If you're the competitive sort, you’ll want to earn special valkyrie titles—which you can only get by reaching specific leveling milestones by 8 a.m. PST on January 9!

Battle Maiden— Reached level 30
    Grim Amazon— Reached level 58
    Dark Raven— Reached level 60
    Fate Weaver— Reached level 65

The titles will not automatically appear in your achievement list; we will add them to eligible characters during a future maintenance.
  • edited January 2019
    EME never announced that there would be a Cutting Edge title available for Valkyrie. There was a lot of speculation in Discord, from users wondering whether or not there would be a Cutting Edge title. I wrote a message on 5 January, asking if Valkyrie would have a CE title, and I was told that there would NOT be a CE title, so it was already determined prior to launch that there would be no CE title for Valkyrie. With all of the previous classes having a CE title at launch, EME should DEFINITELY have posted a public statement in the forum, or in the Valkyrie official announcement, letting everyone know that CE would not be available for Valkyrie. EME dropped the ball by not making it clear Valkyrie would not have a Cutting Edge title available, but they did not announce that there would be a CE title, and they definitely did not plan to have one for Valkyrie.

CE_Title_zpsgtb5ppsl.jpg
  • GospodjaGospodja ✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Well that was a one off message in discord and they have the title at start, so why take it back? What is the reason to treat loyal players like that. Thing with lvl 60 scroll maybe, but those who did it right way should remain the title
  • Gospodja wrote: »
    Well that was a one off message in discord and they have the title at start, so why take it back? What is the reason to treat loyal players like that. Thing with lvl 60 scroll maybe, but those who did it right way should remain the title

That definitely IS a shame that they made the mistake of having the Cutting Edge included in the program, as it should never have been there to get someone's hopes up, then have to take it away. I agree that was a massive error that should never have been included in the code to begin with. The non-working title scroll and the non-enchanted weapon that was advertised as "+12" were slightly disappointing, but actually receiving "Cutting Edge" and then having it taken away is a MUCH bigger issue, and I don't believe that ANY of us who play Tera would ever have wanted to have that happen to us. You have already posted above that you are contacting your lawyer, so he or she will be able to advise you on their legal opinion of a viable legal case for this matter.

I know that your lawyer will need certain information about the event, and previous events, so I will help you out with some of the things they will need to know, in order to help them prepare your legal case. If you have not yet contacted your lawyer, then I recommend having the following information available, when you do contact them.

1. The Gunner and Ninja launch events did reward players with the Cutting Edge title, but EME clearly announced the "Cutting Edge" title as an available reward for being the first person on your server to reach level 65. Those announcements can be found here:

http://tera.enmasse.com/news/posts/gunner-launch-events-are-coming

http://tera.enmasse.com/news/posts/ninja-launch-events

2. EME never made any offer to provide "Cutting Edge" as an available title for Valkyrie, and it was not included in the list of available titles in the official Valkyrie launch announcement, as it had been for the Gunner and Ninja launch events. They specified all of the titles that would be available for Valkyrie, but "Cutting Edge" was not listed as an available title in the official announcement, nor anywhere else that I know of. The Valkyrie launch announcement can be found here:

http://tera.enmasse.com/news/posts/valkyrie-launch-events

3. EME will be able to show that players who asked about the Valkyrie Cutting Edge title were told that it would not be available, even before the event launched, so it was already pre-determined before launch that Cutting Edge would not be awarded to anyone. Even though you referred to the screen shot I provided as a "one off message", I would not be surprised if EME would be able to pull hundreds or thousands of such responses from their message server, because I seriously DOUBT that I was the ONLY player in all of Tera who actually thought to ask such a simple question, before knocking myself out for a title that EME clearly never offered in the first place. Your lawyer needs to be prepared for EME to be able to present such evidence.

• edited January 2019
    Also, EME could not allow anyone to keep the title now, even though they mistakenly included it in the program. It was never offered as an available title in the official announcement, and the vast majority of Tera players were probably aware that it was not being offered, so most people just did not bother trying for Cutting Edge (I saw plenty of player discussions in Discord, where players were saying that Valkyrie would not have a Cutting Edge title available, so they would not be trying for it). I had planned to shoot for it, but once I confirmed it was not going to be offered, I just leveled my character by myself, took my time, had fun, took breaks for meals, and things like that. Even taking my time, doing it solo, and taking all of those breaks, I ended up doing it in under 18 hours, because I DID want the top title that was offered in the official announcement (Fate Weaver), so my only goal was to get to level 65 in under 24 hours. If EME allows someone to keep the Cutting Edge title now (even though I agree it was a HUGE MISTAKE that it was included in the code to begin with), then it could create potential backlash from literally THOUSANDS of other players who could rightfully argue that THEY were denied the possibility of the title, because it was clearly never offered in the first place, and they simply did not bother trying for a title that was never advertised. Even though the Cutting Edge title appeared for you when you got to level 65, there is no guarantee that you would have been the one to receive it, if the title had actually been offered by EME, and if the thousands of other players on your server had actually put in the effort to try for it.
  • MystoGunzMystoGunz
    edited January 2019
    Even so, after reading almost all the comments, the title, if it was included in the valkyrie update, for that reason Enmasse should assume its error and return the title because in addition to this, if true, they did not mention the cutting edge title in the link of the titles that they would give, but their other mistake was that they did not mention that they would not do it, because if u read the post u cant read the cutting edge was not be in the tittles of leveling
    im talking about this post

We also have to add that all the classes have the cutting edge, why would not the Valkyrie have theirs?
  • MystoGunz wrote: »
    Even so, after reading almost all the comments, the title, if it was included in the valkyrie update, for that reason Enmasse should assume its error and return the title because in addition to this, if true, they did not mention the cutting edge title in the link of the titles that they would give, but their other mistake was that they did not mention that they would not do it, because if u read the post u cant read the cutting edge was not be in the tittles of leveling
    im talking about this post

We also have to add that all the classes have the cutting edge, why would not the Valkyrie have theirs?

The link you provided shows that they provided a list of all titles that would be available for Valkyrie. Cutting Edge was NOT included in that list. For the Ninja and Gunner events, the Cutting Edge title WAS included in the official posts (I already gave those links above). Why would anyone just "assume" that they will be receiving a title that EME never included in the list of available titles? Also, as I stated above, because so many players read the announcement, and knew that Cutting Edge would not be an available title, then they just did not bother going for a title that was not being offered. If EME gives the Cutting Edge title to someone after the event was over, then it could cause backlash from thousands of players who read the announcement, knew that Cutting Edge was not being offered, and did not bother to try for it, because there was obviously nothing to shoot for. Just because the Cutting Edge title mistakenly showed up for someone when they hit level 65, that does not mean that their friends could have carried them to the Cutting Edge title, if the thousands of other players on their server had actually tried for it. Thousands of other players could rightfully argue that they were denied the opportunity to try for Cutting Edge, because it was clear before the event that no one would be awarded the title, so they did not bother competing for a non-existent title.
  • GospodjaGospodja ✭✭
    edited January 2019
    But it was not stated that there will be no cutting edge though. And we are not forced to read some discord channels while we have news section on official web page. On our server we had a race, where 3 or 4 teams were hunting it. And as I have said in my support ticket, it is absolute not true, that they can’t get it back. They can easily. Just need to talk to BlueHole and tell that players doesn’t accept that decision and if they don’t want to lose the most committed base, at least in our server, then it would be easy to bring it back. 1-2 code lines. And it’ll show that they actually do respect us. If it is so hard for them, I can write to bluehole with this question myself, tell me where to though, email or?

Also, there’s a mislead, that ppl read news and content out of the game. As I see on EU, no one reads anything except for what is shown in-game. And there is no way to force ppl do that. So, if smth is not properly described within game, how can u tell, that it was my fault that I did my best and got the title? I have a screenshot with that on my Valk, so I really hope they will reconsider that “intention”.
  • I was part of the group that leveled him, we used fair methods anybody could use and had planned it for months. Its unfair to remove something because you weren't upfront about there not being a title it doesn't hurt anybody seeing as every claass has a cutting edge title. We spent hours of our personal time grinding to manage this feat. You have only just started to earn our trust as players now you pull a shady move? Personally I'm questioning if you can earn the trust of people back after pulling something like this.
  • This is how it should be done, as I see it. If u made mistake, in such things as public relations, you admit it and try hard to prevent. But you can not easily just reverse, like nothing happened.
  • Hey there!

So, unfortunately there was a mix-up. Bluehole added the title, without En Masse's knowledge ahead of time. Keep in mind, that the only titles that were approved to show up were the ones in the news post.

As for the players stating that the other classes had the Cutting Edge title, why shouldn't Valkyrie? Well if you look at the news post for those particular classes - it was announced that Cutting Edge was an achievable feat.

With that said, not even on TERA PC (NA), which is also published by En Masse, did Valkyrie have a Cutting Edge title.

It was a short lived feat for players, but the achievement since it was never announced, or offered, was taken away because it would cause an unfair advantage.

Being a Cutting Edge player myself, I know how players can be very, very competitive. Having no knowledge that this feat would happen, while having players buy Level 60 Scrolls and bypassing the system - and even those that did it legit - would cause a bigger uproar than anything.

There should more more shiny titles, and even better effect titles (Red Fire effects, Blue, etc.) Based on specific achievements coming soon.

As for Cutting Edge Valkyrie, that isn't coming back anytime soon.

For more information on that decision, please check this thread:
    https://forums.enmasse.com/tera/discussion/30433/valkyrie-minor-fixes-01-08-19#latest
  • So you are saying that although I got it fair way, there were no specific news of that title won’t be available, and it was in-game, and all other classes, even the ones on start, where was no announcement of cutting edge, btw, EME still decides not to give it back of their failure? So why not all cutting edge are taken from all except those who were specifically announced, what would u say bout that Saru? I believe I deserve it and I got it, and if EME are not goons go forward in this case, it will be just disgusting community management, seeing all those comments? Or it is not enough, I can then ask all players I know to post here, saying this is unfair. How far is EME ready to go on this one? Really, making a mistake is smth they have to deal with.
  • I see the issue here, but I see why it was handled the way that EME handled it.

I'll try to keep this short. Bottom line is, although there are currently 10~ members of the community hurt by this issue, there would be more than that hurt if the title was kept.

Since the title was not announced on any news post, as the previous titles where(key point here), players where not preparing for a Cutting-Edge race. This in turn created an issue that you could have only obtained this title because no real groups where chasing it, and casually leveling instead. You are correct in stating that it was in-game, but that was not communicated to EME by Bluehole.
    It's more fair this way, that nobody can have it, instead of a select few who just so happened to be chasing something that wasn't supposed to exist in the first place. Even I would have been chasing Cutting-Edge if I knew it would have existed, but since it was noted that it wouldn't exist, I didn't take a vacation day from work, when I very well could have to chase server first.
    Sarumonin said it well, but a key point from his post is that Cutting-Edge was NOT offered on En Masse published PC(North America) and was only available on the Gameforge(Europe) published version of the game. Since console TERA is published by En Masse, it only makes sense that this title wouldn't exist on console.
  • As I mentioned above titles for classes added on start did not have such news announcement. So why keep those?
This discussion has been closed.