[PC] Maintenance is now complete!

Mote drops on IOD

Not sure about the rest of Tera, but I've noticed that the mote drops on IOD have changed. They are disappearing far faster than they used to since the last update. Even before the BAM I'm killing is dead, they are vanishing. What's up with that?

Comments

• SageWinduSageWindu High Seat of the Jedi Council ✭✭✭✭✭
    Daewa wrote: »
    Not sure about the rest of Tera, but I've noticed that the mote drops on IOD have changed. They are disappearing far faster than they used to since the last update. Even before the BAM I'm killing is dead, they are vanishing. What's up with that?

One of the patch notes mentioned various pickups being around for only 45s now instead of the previous 2mins.
  • DaewaDaewa ✭✭
    Ahhh... That's kind of a huge difference. Then they should hugely increase the drop rate. I get how tracking too many items on the server can slow things down, but this is a real pain. Thanks for the heads up though. Appreciated.
  • DaewaDaewa ✭✭
    Just timed it... Closer to a minute than 45 seconds, but still. Now I need to adjust my strategy to account for the cut in time. bahhh.
  • D9MPY4GAFRD9MPY4GAFR ✭✭
    edited January 18
    I don't know if this could solve your problem, i guess you should get an auto-loot pet. But im up for an IoD BAM drop buff.
  • been there , done that
    https://forums.enmasse.com/tera/discussion/30070/iod-keen-motes#latest

not even a response from eme ._.
  • DaewaDaewa ✭✭
    It's really a shame that EME isn't more transparent with this. The argument for this making it more grindy is valid. People who make use out of the motes can no longer do so. They don't stay around long enough for you to take them when you need them. As for how long they originally stayed on the ground, it seems to me it was in excess of five minutes. I can recall needing motes and having them available several kills past. This one minute crap is just that.
  • Galadthas wrote: »
    been there , done that
    https://forums.enmasse.com/tera/discussion/30070/iod-keen-motes#latest

not even a response from eme ._.

FWIW, this is actually about the despawn timer changing rather than about 100% keen motes, which is a separate issue.
  • true , but considering how fast they despawn according to this post , i think its a relevant solution

• DokibunDokibun ✭✭✭✭
    fun fact, it actually also affects mystics motes in dungeons.
  • DaewaDaewa ✭✭
    edited January 19
    Dokibun wrote: »

Are you serious? That's ridiculous! That's pretty much making motes irrelevant if you have to spend the entire instance just spamming motes. I can't believe they'd be so short sighted.
  • DokibunDokibun ✭✭✭✭
    Daewa wrote: »
    Dokibun wrote: »

Are you serious? That's ridiculous! That's pretty much making motes irrelevant if you have to spend the entire instance just spamming motes. I can't believe they'd be so short sighted.

Yeah. I'm a mystic main and I was learning GLSHM last night and it definitely made things MUCH harder.