[TERA PC & Console] En Masse is closing, but TERA lives on! We will continue to support TERA PC (NA) and TERA Console until services are transferred. Our Service Moving Info page is now live here: https://bit.ly/tera_service_moving

So what is the current situation on ktera?

Comments

• tisnotmetisnotme ✭✭✭✭
    Revamping a storyline to introduce more grind in an area that was already completed isn't just extending the grind for the sake of it then
    Unlike introducing actual new content in new areas with fairness not the last shot idea
  • I was a little hyped for the lvl cap increase, hoping for new areas and storyline. You know, something like Fate of Arun - gear ladder reset, one or two new skills...

Turns out it will be just another grind with "fake" DPS improvement. You know, you finish the grind and gain +15% DPS. Next patch, all bosses are designed/rebalanced with +15% hp to keep the content challenging. Now you struggle exactly as much as before, but every new character is gonna take 2 weeks more to lvl and gear. Same thing happened with inners, mount buffs, circlets etc. Apex is a bit different as new skills change playstyle strategy, but every "passive dps increase" introduced to the game gives nothing at all apart from the grind increase.

Fate of Arun was not grindy at all. There was even a gold making strategy that involved spamming reaper characters and rushing them through lvl 61-65 questline for raw gold income.
  • Vy1ViviVy1Vivi ✭✭✭
    vkobe wrote: »
    JoseMerced wrote: »
    Reading on others page and forums, i found the new lvl crap 70 is overwhelming bad and the most recent post on https://seraphinush-gaming.tumblr.com the korean servers are merged now.

So now ktera just have a server and the game can said its dead now? Soemone can give me more details.

Only the level 70 patch isn't going to be bad at all.
    Dungeon Entries are Def going to be improved yes getting to level 70 likely will be a pain but then people freaked out when level 65 came out too. I'm not shocked to see so many people crying over this stuff it happens games change and evolve. I don't get why people bash on it when it's not even released in NA yet. ( People also cried over Apex...and the Talent System. Always something I swear.)

because you can reach level 65 with dungeon and quest in only one day

the new patch say not new dungeons, not new quest, not new areas, so only the stupid and boring grind, for that i already have black desert

Only it does mention new quests, not sure where you are getting your patch notes from lawl.

fine show me the link the patch say new dungeon, new area ? everyone agree than to level up you have to kill one billion bams and from what i read from other players the new system will be very grinded

You mean this?

https://seraphinush-gaming.tumblr.com/post/180907075578/ktera-devnote-lvl70

"Level expansion and new story | K TERA Dev Note"

dude your link just confirm what i say, not new area, not new dungeon and we have to grind bam to level up :)

and Field hunting revision is not new areas :)

I said New story not New Area if you hate Tera so much just leave, no one here really cares. Also I have yet to see a single K-tera player complain about the patch. Personally, I feel this patch and the few that follow it are going to be great. More so the point system for dungeons, no more of that stupid daily limit I can run the dungeon I want as many times as I want seem's great.

Crying over Bams, boo hoo we have to kill Bams. Did you whine and cry about Apex as well? Or about the EP system? Guessing you likely did.

http://murasama-1820.blogspot.com/2019/01/k-tera-level-70-expansion-reality.html

Maybe you should try and open your eyes.
  • Xandervb wrote: »

Turns out it will be just another grind with "fake" DPS improvement. You know, you finish the grind and gain +15% DPS. Next patch, all bosses are designed/rebalanced with +15% hp to keep the content challenging. Now you struggle exactly as much as before, but every new character is gonna take 2 weeks more to lvl and gear. Same thing happened with inners, mount buffs, circlets etc. Apex is a bit different as new skills change playstyle strategy, but every "passive dps increase" introduced to the game gives nothing at all apart from the grind increase.

This already happened since we already had to get back damage through talent system that was taken away from some PvE content.. And this hilarous thing where we need to farm back what we lost is called content..

It is going to suck so much more since alts will become gimped.. And elite will be a must for progress.

• Xd is true, One of the thing that motivate people to play Tera was the classes, you can have a decent team and change or try another character to avoid getting bored with the same thing. For example healers all the time.

By segregation of community harder as never before, with this forced 439, level 70, super skills , ep points etc ,people could get bored, forced to stay with the same class over an over cause , with 80th Patch every character going to cost too much time or effort to be maxed.
    In my case I prefer to have 5 characters semi geared Stormcry +2 and play different classes and races to enjoy the game.

If they force us to reject that , delete or abandon alts forever , focus only on one or 2 chars, due to new exagerated cost in development time, per character, future is going to be dark, very dark for 2020.
  • BHS needs to do what they did for lvl 60 to 65 by making all old dungeons useless and release new lvl 70 dungeons and gear. Make the lvling to 70 same as it is right now to get from 60 to 65. Do some freaking work. As for the new points dungeons system, I'm fine with it.
  • Vy1Vivi wrote: »
    Reading on others page and forums, i found the new lvl crap 70 is overwhelming bad and the most recent post on https://seraphinush-gaming.tumblr.com the korean servers are merged now.

So now ktera just have a server and the game can said its dead now? Soemone can give me more details.

Dungeon Entries are Def going to be improved yes getting to level 70 likely will be a pain but then people freaked out when level 65 came out too. I'm not shocked to see so many people crying over this stuff it happens games change and evolve. I don't get why people bash on it when it's not even released in NA yet. ( People also cried over Apex...and the Talent System. Always something I swear.)

the new patch say not new dungeons, not new quest, not new areas, so only the stupid and boring grind, for that i already have black desert

Only it does mention new quests, not sure where you are getting your patch notes from lawl.

fine show me the link the patch say new dungeon, new area ? everyone agree than to level up you have to kill one billion bams and from what i read from other players the new system will be very grinded

You mean this?

dude your link just confirm what i say, not new area, not new dungeon and we have to grind bam to level up :)

I said New story not New Area if you hate Tera so much just leave, no one here really cares. Also I have yet to see a single K-tera player complain about the patch. Personally, I feel this patch and the few that follow it are going to be great. More so the point system for dungeons, no more of that stupid daily limit I can run the dungeon I want as many times as I want seem's great.

Crying over Bams, boo hoo we have to kill Bams. Did you whine and cry about Apex as well? Or about the EP system? Guessing you likely did.

http://murasama-1820.blogspot.com/2019/01/k-tera-level-70-expansion-reality.html

Maybe the people who are running around crying are just Too lazy to get good lawls.
  • vkobevkobe ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vy1Vivi wrote: »

You mean this?

Maybe the people who are running around crying are just Too lazy to get good lawls.

yes because you need to be good to kill 300 bams every 10 hours :joy:
  • Bluehole Studio hired new staff like probably since HO came out and from what we know on EU they are from Black Desert.

Which is why the game changed so much and took on completely different direction.

TERA is different now, it reminds me more of BDO.

Grind, Awakening, Fishing - just proves that fact.

P.S Sorry for my bad english. :p:)

Greetings,
    from Europe.
  • eyuu wrote: »
    Bluehole Studio hired new staff like probably since HO came out and from what we know on EU they are from Black Desert.

Which is why the game changed so much and took on completely different direction.

Greetings,
    from Europe.

your right it seems to be following the steps of Black Desert there is no such thing as a original MMORPG anymore its all copy and paste these days nothing unique anymore. Its like they all have run out of idea's and just copy each other.
  • eyuueyuu
    edited January 2019
    Kaatshima wrote: »
    eyuu wrote: »
    Bluehole Studio hired new staff like probably since HO came out and from what we know on EU they are from Black Desert.

Greetings,
    from Europe.

your right it seems to be following the steps of Black Desert there is no such thing as a original MMORPG anymore its all copy and paste these days nothing unique anymore. Its like they all have run out of idea's and just copy each other.

TERA = Black Desert 2.0 iksde
    elin15.png
    Edit: I have heard that BDO is also dying just like TERA ?random? I have no clue but from what i know Bluehole is changing its name to KRAFTON so maybe this what's happening at the moment have something to do with it?​ i don't know either.

I was talking about entire situation with friends last night and we thought that maybe​ BHS have some serious financial problems or some other crisis inside the company caused by layoffs or they simply decided to trust and sign the paper to cooperate with people they shouldn't. If that's the case and how things are​ then both BDO and TERA will be swept away. elin7.png

These are just theories so don't take them too serious but at the same time it is better to blow on cold.
  • Vy1ViviVy1Vivi ✭✭✭

Greetings,
    from Europe.

Greetings,
    from Europe.

elin15.png
    Edit: I have heard that BDO is also dying just like TERA ?random? I have no clue but from what i know Bluehole is changing its name to KRAFTON so maybe this what's happening at the moment have something to do with it?​ i don't know either.

These are just theories so don't take them too serious but at the same time it is better to blow on cold.

BDO has been dying for a long time because its a garbage game. I quit playing that game and came back to this one. I disagree that Tera is becoming like BDO, but some of its recent decisions (the level 70 patch and the pvp gear enchantment system) has reminded me of that crap game.

Fishing IS NOT content that makes Tera like BDO. Like seriously I don't know why so many people say that. There are tons of games that feature fishing as an activity and a lot came out way before Pearl Abyss was even a company.

Either way right now I'm not seeing a good future for Tera, and I had already predicted on the BDO forums that the game was going to die and I was correct.
  • vkobevkobe ✭✭✭✭✭

Greetings,
    from Europe.

elin15.png

I was talking about entire situation with friends last night and we thought that maybe​ BHS have some serious financial problems or some other crisis inside the company caused by layoffs or they simply decided to trust and sign the paper to cooperate with people they shouldn't. If that's the case and how things are​ then both BDO and TERA will be swept away. elin7.png

no black desert is fine, the game is still popular, on steam it is just behind eso, so black desert is in the top 3 mmorpg on steam
  • But K Tera isn’t the only on in troubles, seems like billionaire World of Warcraft is on their las years also. People seems to hate wow like never before , if I were Tera marketing employee, I try to bring that people to Tera, they millions of millions with hungry wallets., just check wow videos people hate is epic.

• vkobevkobe ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gatokatzen wrote: »
    But K Tera isn’t the only on in troubles, seems like billionaire World of Warcraft is on their las years also. People seems to hate wow like never before , if I were Tera marketing employee, I try to bring that people to Tera, they millions of millions with hungry wallets., just check wow videos people hate is epic.

they probably will try their chance with another mmorpg if they stay with mmorpg and no go to fortnite :)