[PC] We are aware of current ongoing server issues, and are investigating. Thank you for your patience and understanding!

Possible new race option

I know at some point this idea may have passed your mind of adding a race called "Vampire." Most people love vampires and I believe having a middle ground between Humans, High Elf, and Castanic as far as body wise would be nice. Vampires could have pointed ears, possible eye color change options, and a more balanced physique between Human and Castanic. The idea is to add another race with the potential to have and ominous youthful look.

You could also make this into a class instead. Their weapons could be claws, so they'd be close ranged, and their fighting style would be dps/ healing. They could slowly auto heal their fellow party members by activating and aura that lasts for a set amount of time while draining hp from boss monster while attacking.

Comments

• There is vampires in TERA, mobs-vampires...
  • YangRedYangRed United States ✭✭
    I see what you mean, but I meant it as a playable race/ class. I apologize for not making that clearer.
  • edited January 19
    YangRed wrote: »
    I see what you mean, but I meant it as a playable race/ class. I apologize for not making that clearer.

There is many interesting races they can come up with and use, but the chances they will maybe limited. I myself came up with several races, but this was mere thoughts that I eventually decided on using some of the ideas in fanfiction stories. Like the Dragonborn race which is a race of short human females with dragon horns and dragon tails. I've also thought werewolves would also be an interesting race as well.

I've always thought a game with some type of Dragon race, werewolf race, and vampire race would be interesting. I've not seen a game as of yet like Tera that I know of that has actually used Dragons as a race before. I have seen games that have used vampires and werewolves though.

Like in my fanfiction story of Tera I'm introducing a new race called Dragonborn. Unlike previous where all the races was created by the Gods Dragonborn is a race that was born a different way in my story. Anyways that is enough of my story and was an example, but yes I know some people would think a new race would be interesting. I doubt they would do any new races by this time in the game as it's been around for sometime already. If they was planing on releasing any other races it would have been sometime after the game first was introduced.

P.S just so you don't get confused the Dragonborn race I came up for my Tera Fanfiction story is similar to that of Elins, but a little different as well. They're shorter with them being between 3 feet tall at the mimimum and 4 feet tall at the maximum. Also instead of having different tail types like the Elins Drgonborns always have a dragon tail and dragon horns respectively (Even if the Dragon Tail and Horns very in appearance). Other then that they have a more feirce, agressive, and brutal personality when fighting then that of any other race.
  • oooogameonoooogameon ✭✭
    edited January 21
    I know at some point this idea may have passed your mind of adding a race called "Vampire." Most people love vampires and I believe having a middle ground between Humans, High Elf, and Castanic as far as body wise would be nice. Vampires could have pointed ears, possible eye color change options, and a more balanced physique between Human and Castanic. The idea is to add another race with the potential to have and ominous youthful look.

You could also make this into a class instead. Their weapons could be claws, so they'd be close ranged, and their fighting style would be dps/ healing. They could slowly auto heal their fellow party members by activating and aura that lasts for a set amount of time while draining hp from boss monster while attacking.

given that the new classes that were released in expansions are all race&gender locked, it's almost certain that they will not make a new race. And given that the last few updates were new class/race combos at best, the chance of getting vampire as a class is slim as well. Overall I don't think the company has enough resource and/or is willing to make that level of investment at this point
  • YangRed wrote: »

There is many interesting races they can come up with and use, but the chances they will maybe limited. I myself came up with several races, but this was mere thoughts that I eventually decided on using some of the ideas in fanfiction stories. Like the Dragonborn race which is a race of short human females with dragon horns and dragon tails. I've also thought werewolves would also be an interesting race as well.

I've always thought a game with some type of Dragon race, werewolf race, and vampire race would be interesting. I've not seen a game as of yet like Tera that I know of that has actually used Dragons as a race before. I have seen games that have used vampires and werewolves though.

Like in my fanfiction story of Tera I'm introducing a new race called Dragonborn. Unlike previous where all the races was created by the Gods Dragonborn is a race that was born a different way in my story. Anyways that is enough of my story and was an example, but yes I know some people would think a new race would be interesting. I doubt they would do any new races by this time in the game as it's been around for sometime already. If they was planing on releasing any other races it would have been sometime after the game first was introduced.

P.S just so you don't get confused the Dragonborn race I came up for my Tera Fanfiction story is similar to that of Elins, but a little different as well. They're shorter with them being between 3 feet tall at the mimimum and 4 feet tall at the maximum. Also instead of having different tail types like the Elins Drgonborns always have a dragon tail and dragon horns respectively (Even if the Dragon Tail and Horns very in appearance). Other then that they have a more feirce, agressive, and brutal personality when fighting then that of any other race.

Isn't the Amani half dragon? Also is your writing posted anywhere?
  • oooogameon wrote: »

Isn't the Amani half dragon? Also is your writing posted anywhere?

I'm imagining Amani Dwarves that look more human then Amani.