So what is the current situation on ktera?

Comments

• vkobe wrote: »
    Gatokatzen wrote: »
    But K Tera isn’t the only on in troubles, seems like billionaire World of Warcraft is on their las years also. People seems to hate wow like never before , if I were Tera marketing employee, I try to bring that people to Tera, they millions of millions with hungry wallets., just check wow videos people hate is epic.

they probably will try their chance with another mmorpg if they stay with mmorpg and no go to fortnite :)

I don’t know , I ve already played Fornite and Pubg and get bored so fast, that I just uninstalled all of them. Shooters were great in 2009 when killzone, call of duty and Battlefield were fair. Then whole shooter genre turning in to a new sad game every year with the same content, more expensive, but every time turning in to more pay to win, pay to play and pay to progress.

Playing a shooter Isn’t the same that a mmo, in a mmo you get friends,meet new people, discover a new world. In a shooter you get people blaming their wife, childs, life etc. And I were shooter hardcore. So mmo players tend to play same genre. I put wow example because playing Tera, I‘ve found a lot of people that told me were ex wow Players. Reason.? Easy micropayments kill their game.
  • Vy1ViviVy1Vivi ✭✭✭
    Black Desert is dying. The Steam population of BDO doesn't even make up the majority of its population, so looking at any of steam's statistics is very unreliable, and people who point to steam's numbers are just as unreliable.

Even during the period I quit players were quitting in droves. The game continues its decline, and the only real population left are AFK'ers and the few who care to participate in its awful pvp system. What's even worse is its developers are actively killing the game, and only recently they're trying to make improvements but its a bit too late for that.

Tera has been on a similar path where its declined over the years, and with this latest development team direction they have been going in it doesn't look like the game has hope for a good future. Already the game feels emptier than it had months before. I see the same people doing BGs and see a lot of the same players pop up in queues...when they do pop. Empty cities? The game has had empty cities for a long time now. The only populated ones are Velika and Highwatch from what I've seen.

If the Koreans are generally unhappy then it is a really bad sign, but hopefully the developers will take that seriously and make some much needed improvements to this level 70 'expansion.' Because right now I'm not impressed or looking forward to what I'm seeing so far.
  • vkobevkobe ✭✭✭✭✭
    vkobe wrote: »
    But K Tera isn’t the only on in troubles, seems like billionaire World of Warcraft is on their las years also. People seems to hate wow like never before , if I were Tera marketing employee, I try to bring that people to Tera, they millions of millions with hungry wallets., just check wow videos people hate is epic.

they probably will try their chance with another mmorpg if they stay with mmorpg and no go to fortnite :)

I don’t know , I ve already played Fornite and Pubg and get bored so fast, that I just uninstalled all of them. Shooters were great in 2009 when killzone, call of duty and Battlefield were fair. Then whole shooter genre turning in to a new sad game every year with the same content, more expensive, but every time turning in to more pay to win, pay to play and pay to progress.

Playing a shooter Isn’t the same that a mmo, in a mmo you get friends,meet new people, discover a new world. In a shooter you get people blaming their wife, childs, life etc. And I were shooter hardcore. So mmo players tend to play same genre. I put wow example because playing Tera, I‘ve found a lot of people that told me were ex wow Players. Reason.? Easy micropayments kill their game.

rumor say mmorpg game are dying, so it seem future of online game is fortnite
  • vkobevkobe ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vy1Vivi wrote: »
    Black Desert is dying. The Steam population of BDO doesn't even make up the majority of its population, so looking at any of steam's statistics is very unreliable, and people who point to steam's numbers are just as unreliable.

Even during the period I quit players were quitting in droves. The game continues its decline, and the only real population left are AFK'ers and the few who care to participate in its awful pvp system. What's even worse is its developers are actively killing the game, and only recently they're trying to make improvements but its a bit too late for that.

Tera has been on a similar path where its declined over the years, and with this latest development team direction they have been going in it doesn't look like the game has hope for a good future. Already the game feels emptier than it had months before. I see the same people doing BGs and see a lot of the same players pop up in queues...when they do pop. Empty cities? The game has had empty cities for a long time now. The only populated ones are Velika and Highwatch from what I've seen.

If the Koreans are generally unhappy then it is a really bad sign, but hopefully the developers will take that seriously and make some much needed improvements to this level 70 'expansion.' Because right now I'm not impressed or looking forward to what I'm seeing so far.

i dont call 10000 players only for steam of dying, so is mean with and without steam black desert pop can reach 30000-40000 people

we are only 900 in tera, if i include eu and no steam maybe we can reach 4000 people

but i give you than maybe in 2015 tera had bigger pop than 2019 black desert, especially at this time tera was not released yet on steam until in june

but current black desert pop are still fine
  • Mmo time sink games are dying. That and numerous AAA games like Destiny/Division 2/ Anthem are doing the live service (long term updating) so they are easily pulling players from the mmo market into their mmo lite market.

That and korean mmos do not mesh well with the west, if a western studio straight up stole teras combat, westernized it, made the game full of 12 pack ab joes and huge busty women, lower the grind and sold cosmetics it would succeed for quite a while.
  • eyuueyuu
    edited January 25

I put all my hope in WoW classic. From what i see a lot of people are waiting for it.

If it's very successful then maybe other MMORPG will follow.

Would be great to play once again old school TERA :)
  • LapomkoLapomko ✭✭✭
    This is normal for korean mmorpg. I know alot of korean mmorpg that only have like 50-200 players on their single servers while the international version have like full 3-10 servers packed still up. Even the koreans don't play their own grindfest game. Just move on and play some other games.
  • HLK76PFWXTHLK76PFWXT ✭✭✭
    edited January 25
    Many great games were developed and released but the tendency to make something great to have popularity then squeeze it until there is not a single drop left kinda made some games to be what they are..

I am curious to see what is all about this level 70 patch when it will come to NA because so far it looks really bad considering the KR version..

Why are we being forced in a corner to play with only one character until we give our last breath? I am not sure... I kinda enjoyed playing with all my alts..
  • Lapomko wrote: »
    This is normal for korean mmorpg. I know alot of korean mmorpg that only have like 50-200 players on their single servers while the international version have like full 3-10 servers packed still up. Even the koreans don't play their own grindfest game. Just move on and play some other games.

its cause mmorpg's have all moved to a mobile audience there for the most part
  • Nyanta1177 wrote: »
    Lapomko wrote: »

its cause mmorpg's have all moved to a mobile audience there for the most part

I honestly feel this is a trend not just there either -- I know a lot of people in the West too who used to be really into MMOs who now just play mobile games and pick-up-and-play games. I really wonder what the future of this genre is, to be honest. I guess time will tell.
  • LapomkoLapomko ✭✭✭
    Everyone is just again waiting for the overhyped big epic MMORPG like BnS and Bless Online but they turned out to be p2w crash grab fail. It's the trend these days.
  • vkobevkobe ✭✭✭✭✭
    Everyone is just again waiting for the overhyped big epic MMORPG like BnS and Bless Online but they turned out to be p2w crash grab fail. It's the trend these days.

the golden age for mmorpg was in 2000-2012, after game like league of legend or fortnite took their place for massive online game
  • LapomkoLapomko ✭✭✭
    vkobe wrote: »

the golden age for mmorpg was in 2000-2012, after game like league of legend or fortnite took their place for massive online game

Yes of course those are the most popular games. But my point was that theres still many people that want to play a good MMORPG and waiting but don't like the current choices out there. Me and my friends were excited for BSO and Bless Online but it turned out to be a huge grind/p2w fest and we tried wow/gw2 etc and it didn't appeal to us so we just play the "Popular" games like LoL, Fortnite.

• =^.^= about damn time
  • eyuu wrote: »
    =^.^= about damn time

I'm guessing this will be the same time-limited operation that J-TERA did for their anniversary. I guess we'll also see if it's something we get in our region as well this time.