Two PvP Shores

Shore is the hardest battle ground to que for in Tera. Either it does not pop and if it does, if you are not a competitive pvp'er and only need plates for CU, you will be kicked. A lot of Velika players are targeted or told to go hang-themselves. We need a second shore for more casual players or a way to turn particles into plates. Shore toxicity is unbelievable. I understand that pvp in Tera is extremely competitive. I only need plates for CU or else I would never que. We need either a casual shore or a way to turn particles into plates.

Comments

• They need to have more ways to get particles and plates.

Have the battle grounds give both particles and plates.
  • Amen to that, we support you
  • AyiAyi ✭✭✭
    Just keep Gridiron open and change the rewards to plate boxes.
  • Ray676Ray676 ✭✭✭
    If you're not a competitive pvper then why do you care about CU? Just pve the towers or stop at +6
  • Because if he wants to finish his pvp gear for the reason that he has, it should not be your decision or mine or from anyone to say how far he should get, he is right to do it even if he just want to keep his gear in the bank.
  • Kira98Kira98 ✭✭✭
    Ray676 wrote: »
    If you're not a competitive pvper then why do you care about CU? Just pve the towers or stop at +6

Yep. If he want a pvp gear then dont cry and be competitive. "Casual player" in 2019 is a jk.
  • Q with a lot of you’re friends and kick those kt ppl maybe they will get the message
  • HLK76PFWXTHLK76PFWXT ✭✭✭
    edited January 29
    It is not so great..

It is very hard to believe that a battleground was created where only one healer can queue per team and that same healer usually gets focused down and killed by the enemies then gets kicked by those that did not help the healer to stay alive whatsoever so the healer pretty much becomes some sort of target for bullying since the golden rule states that it is always the healers fault ( the one healer is supposed to be some sort of omnipotent being that should stay alive through stunlock or chain knockdowns while being attacked by multiple players and at the same time also rebuff and heal the raid ). And i am not even kidding about the point where i said that the healer becomes a target for bullying because i know a certain healer which is even decent skill wise and has full +6 impregnable that got blacklisted by some certain players and now it gets kicked whenever it tries to do shore hold to make progress with the gear for civil unrest simply because the healer was not good enough in a certain game ( the bullies now have so much power to target and bully others since shore hold can be monopolized so much easier than fraywind also considering that certain players from certain guilds also try to kick the players from the challenging guilds that exist during civil unrest to deny them gear and progress overall to become less challenging ).

There is a also a problem with the gear because it seems to be quite broken considering that a dps class with +9 can literally trash anyone with full +6 ( even disciplinary weapon vs impregnable armor ) and having a dps class with +9 is mostly a sure win.

And it seems that we are also able to buy potions for 500g and 1.2k each that have 1min cooldown while the battleground lasts 6min.. So are we supposed to pay 1.7k up to 7k every 6minutes per game to be competitive? Because those potions sure can make a difference when at least one of them can reduce damage taken by 20% for 10seconds.

Oh.. and the weapon/armor can downgrade when trying for +7 or higher while the brooch can be simply destroyed when trying for rank 3 up to rank 5..

Anyway.. I do not know why Fraywind was removed in favor of such a battleground that can promote toxicity and reduce the potential of enjoying the PvP or even making progress with gear to be competitive with Civil Unrest ( it could at least be let like some sort of gridiron where players could queue sometimes in the week for plates and avoid the extremely unpleasant experience that is called shore hold ).

p.s. might as well add some sort of exchange for particles into plates
  • You get kicked if you're bad because you will most certainly be the reason the team lost. No one wants to lose with the exception of the "I play for fun" people who don't try and just leech off of others, and can't imagine when someone is upset over a loss. I don't think those people deserve rewards for dragging others down. It's just selfish for someone with a 20% win rate to queue up, a lot of those types won't even try when they see the other team is stronger. It's a 7v7 with only one healer, you have to be able to pull your weight if you want to win even just half of the time. And a lot of people can't even win half of the time so they get kicked. Shorehold is even worse than 3s when it comes to loose ends dragging you down.

I agree there should be a way to merge and dismantle plates/particles(and talents shouldn't even exist, rip 3s) but don't turn the blame of getting kicked on people just trying to have a bit of fun in this new battleground or those trying to efficiently gear up, and don't blame others for wanting an actual shot at winning and don't enjoy just feeding plates to the enemy team. There's literally no reason for ultra bad people to queue for shore, it's the only unequalized battleground and if you are terrible at PVP you simply don't need gear. Gear won't even help you with the way the game is balanced now. And the argument of PVE players gearing for CU is also selfish, that happens only once a week. Is it really okay for a player who can't PVP to drag down hundreds of shorehold matches for an inconsequential weekly event?

I don't even like Shorehold very much, because you can't carry bad people like you could in FWC, but I will give it props because it was deliberately designed to give both teams a good shot at winning as long as everyone is trying their hardest and aren't terrible at PVP(ignoring that ninja mains can much too easily snipe bams). The new kick mechanic of not having to wait x amount of seconds to kick people is also a new deliberate function to get rid of people who are dragging the match down. It's guys like you who want everything for free for doing nothing that ruin the fun for others most of the time, not the people kicking. Step up or get kicked! This isn't a casual battleground, it wasn't designed for guys like you.
    C4YJGXD393 wrote: »
    Q with a lot of you’re friends and kick those kt ppl maybe they will get the message
    Good plan. This quite literally translates to "Throw matches." Why don't you guys stick to what you're good at? Isn't that more fun? How can you even like SH when you're losing most of the time and have next to zero impact on the match, to the point people kick you for being bad? I personally don't understand that at all.
  • Elinerd wrote: »
    You get kicked if you're bad because you will most certainly be the reason the team lost. No one wants to lose with the exception of the "I play for fun" people who don't try and just leech off of others, and can't imagine when someone is upset over a loss. I don't think those people deserve rewards for dragging others down. It's just selfish for someone with a 20% win rate to queue up, a lot of those types won't even try when they see the other team is stronger. It's a 7v7 with only one healer, you have to be able to pull your weight if you want to win even just half of the time. And a lot of people can't even win half of the time so they get kicked. Shorehold is even worse than 3s when it comes to loose ends dragging you down.

I agree there should be a way to merge and dismantle plates/particles(and talents shouldn't even exist, rip 3s) but don't turn the blame of getting kicked on people just trying to have a bit of fun in this new battleground or those trying to efficiently gear up, and don't blame others for wanting an actual shot at winning and don't enjoy just feeding plates to the enemy team. There's literally no reason for ultra bad people to queue for shore, it's the only unequalized battleground and if you are terrible at PVP you simply don't need gear. Gear won't even help you with the way the game is balanced now. And the argument of PVE players gearing for CU is also selfish, that happens only once a week. Is it really okay for a player who can't PVP to drag down hundreds of shorehold matches for an inconsequential weekly event?

I don't even like Shorehold very much, because you can't carry bad people like you could in FWC, but I will give it props because it was deliberately designed to give both teams a good shot at winning as long as everyone is trying their hardest and aren't terrible at PVP(ignoring that ninja mains can much too easily snipe bams). The new kick mechanic of not having to wait x amount of seconds to kick people is also a new deliberate function to get rid of people who are dragging the match down. It's guys like you who want everything for free for doing nothing that ruin the fun for others most of the time, not the people kicking. Step up or get kicked! This isn't a casual battleground, it wasn't designed for guys like you.
    Q with a lot of you’re friends and kick those kt ppl maybe they will get the message
    Good plan. This quite literally translates to "Throw matches." Why don't you guys stick to what you're good at? Isn't that more fun? How can you even like SH when you're losing most of the time and have next to zero impact on the match, to the point people kick you for being bad? I personally don't understand that at all.

Telling people to just Stick to what they are good at is pretty much saying " Don't try to learn anything new" How can you expect people to learn pvp and get good at it if they never try it? Seriously.
  • It’s so funny how people are really acting like Tera has competitive pvp. LMFAO so glad I grew out of that phase.
  • HLK76PFWXTHLK76PFWXT ✭✭✭
    edited January 29
    Elinerd wrote: »

I am talking in general as a problem that will probably snowball..

Shore Hold creates too much toxicity with the way that it was designed since most of the players involved will end up with the belief that if you are not able to rebuff and heal by yourself while being focused by multiple players with knockdowns and stuns then you are automatically bad and should be kicked ( the same ones that never peel for healers ) .. And it will be ironic because the healers that are getting bullied will eventually give up making the shore hold to pop much less which will work in the favor of certain groups that will sync with their own overgeared healer and destroy the ones that started to kick the healers in the first place since the queue for the healers will not be that much uncertain anymore and the sync will be able to get their own chosen healer..

This is not about me and you.. This is about the fact that the PvP is not enjoyable by far and especially since we have to go through such a mess to be able to compete at Civil Unrest ( by the way.. i can easily gear up any class with +7 and i can also sync with the squad if needs be though i would rather enjoy the solo queue for more challenge and diversity ).

But the most important thing is that we really need some sort of way to convert particles into plates..

And you are also being too naive because in my case.. I have multiple characters with the stronghold champion title at the moment while at the same time i also have the king of the ring title from gridiron from when it was first released and i have achieved many other things so far since i have started playing during the Nightforge/Strikeforce patch always getting the next VM for PvP ( i can also add that i used to be there when Man Up fought Good Fight during GvGs when Man up was lacking lancers but then it recruited a bunch and destroyed Good Fight.. And many other things from the past like the bonus server the EME made so we could do the fraywind tournament during the renegade patch and so on... ).

So this might be funny but.. i probably have more experience than you at PvP :(

p.s. my current main which will probably become another alt currently has full +7 PvP gear
  • God bless Corsair where toxic pvpers cry a river. I love their anger a rage quit xd, forget that Tera is just a video game
  • Vy1ViviVy1Vivi ✭✭✭
    I don't even do Shore Hold (or BGs for that matter) because of the general toxic community surrounding them. But from what I've seen from being an outside observer and heard from a few friends who have done it I know to stay clear from it. You can just see the toxcity in the chats when these games are going on, and I see "healer queue shore in prog" way too many times to know exactly what happened. Evidently kicking healers is common in that BG which as a healer myself I find not only toxic, but cancerous. I notice the same names pop up frequently in the chats too during those games, which means you have pretty much the same group of players queuing and monopolizing it.

That kind of toxicity really alienates other players from wanting to try and improve in pvp and even queuing at all, which is bad considering the already dead/dying state of the game. It was the same for fraywind, but at least in Fraywind you had bigger teams so more players were able to join in, but you still had the problem of unequalized gear like you have now.

On to the pvp gear. I don't like it and I think it was a bad idea. Not only is the enhancement system they came up with it cancer (screw off members BDO development team. we don't need you ruining Tera like you did with BDO), but the methods in obtaining it are awful too.

In my opinion they should make it so that you are able to obtain the gear through pve. I say this because it is only fair. For a long time players were able to gear themselves up for pve through just doing BGs alone. And so there is no reason why players who favor pve should be able to gear themselves up for pvp by just doing pve.

I think some people should understand this: not everyone likes to pvp and likes battlegrounds. And for those who do like it not everyone likes to do BGs all day. But for those like myself who prefer pve we should still have a fair opportunity of getting the gear, because sometimes there are situations where you need gear for pvp especially if you are on Kaiator pvp server.
  • JasonGenerixJasonGenerix ✭✭✭
    edited January 30
    Elinerd wrote: »
    You get kicked if you're bad because you will most certainly be the reason the team lost. No one wants to lose with the exception of the "I play for fun" people who don't try and just leech off of others, and can't imagine when someone is upset over a loss. I don't think those people deserve rewards for dragging others down. It's just selfish for someone with a 20% win rate to queue up, a lot of those types won't even try when they see the other team is stronger. It's a 7v7 with only one healer, you have to be able to pull your weight if you want to win even just half of the time. And a lot of people can't even win half of the time so they get kicked. Shorehold is even worse than 3s when it comes to loose ends dragging you down.

BRO SICK ! TERA ESPORTS WHEN?