[PS4/XB1] Maintenance has completed! Thank you for your patience!

Gear Revamp

With the Gear revamp a little over tow months away I'd like to know how to prepare for it?

Should I stockpile Gems while I can?

My current armor can be upgraded to new armors?

Do the dailies on Island of dawn change significantly?

Should I spend all my Tokens before the change?

What else should I know?

Comments

• Yes you need billions or trillions of gems , gear revamp cost tons of gold per attempts
    Also gems

Nope if your gear is below misery gear. If your gear is better than misery +12 you can dismantle in to new gear, Twishard, Frosmetal, then stormcry gear.

I strongly recommend you hit deahtwrack +15 or ambush before the patch hit, Cause reach stormcry form twishard will be epic expensive. Vs normal ambush or other gear leveling.

Yeah, now island of dawn is going to be your best way to gearing fast, cause you are going to need golden talents and silver talents like candies. Or you cannot progress.
    Best way is high tier bams hunt.

For tokens of course spend all of them before the patch, cause they are gong to be useless, none of the things that you used to buy with old tokens will be useful with gear revamp.
    So if I were you I exchange them , for goddesses tears and sell it for gold.

May that you are going to focus with gear revamp on 4 items to progress.
    1) farm gems with guardian mission

2) get gold tons and tons (dugens going to pay more gold farm it).

3 ) silver and golden talents , best way to farm via PvP boxes, pve , or island of dawn Hunting Bams

4) master professions immediately, you need

Alchemy artisan to turn rubies, in to shappires, then emeralds, or diamonds.

Weapon artisan, to craft golden talents in to darics, then plates

Armor artisan, to turn silver talents in to siglos and then silver plates

Etch master, to craft any useful buff for your gears for free.

If you ignore this you may need to pay 10x more gold for everything, cause people abuse on trade broker.

Hope helps, Pd English isn’t may main. Happy gaming

• This is awesome Thank you for all the help!
  • PFD395T9MD wrote: »
    This is awesome Thank you for all the help!

If wish a deep explanation this is the best page for everything about Tera

https://essentialmana.com/gear-revamp-guide/

Very useful
  • Just a note - the Gear Revamp on console is likely to be a lot easier than PC, as it needs to be more....casual friendly. They need it to be possible to upgrade gear in hours rather than weeks.

We have already asked EME about this, and they have confirmed there will be some changes made to make it more Console casual friendly.
  • oooogameonoooogameon ✭✭
    edited February 1
    i only have the guile set, and don't have tons of time to play till april, or have anyone to play with, guess it's time to quit then
  • CornishRexCornishRex ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just a note - the Gear Revamp on console is likely to be a lot easier than PC, as it needs to be more....casual friendly. They need it to be possible to upgrade gear in hours rather than weeks.

We have already asked EME about this, and they have confirmed there will be some changes made to make it more Console casual friendly.

Original gear revamp is pretty bearable and fair in grind, getting to +9 sc wasn't so hard and expensive as @Gatokatzen claims, this dude just exaggerates everywhere he goes.
    I do agree Heroic Oath and up should def be nerfed both for pc and console but nerfing sc just makes console sound like even more of a joke geez
  • GatokatzenGatokatzen ✭✭✭
    edited February 1
    After 3 x nerfed prices on PC may that’s the patch they’re going to get, if you forget original gear revamp PC was expensive, twishard cost 80.000 gold per character, actually 40.000. Stormcry 600.000 gold. Now aprox 300.000 gold.
    Also materials were nerfed. Stormcry till +9, 2.500.000 gold. Now may be the same or even worse .(whole set)

If people want to save gold, and materials, they should get high tier gear now, to start in Stormcry +2. Less wasted time and gold

I said the true, old gear were a bit harder to get due to RGN materials, but this new system is grinding more an requires more time to obtain. Also add the thing that people hate so much ,tons of ITEM XP, to progress. remember that name, you are going to hate it, If consoles going to be easy good.
    But be ready anyway.

Pd( never, never, but never enter with guardian gear, the new basic cheap gear,to a 3 person dugen) or a whole guardian gear party , your damage will be zero , and you may spend hours to end a basic dugen. Go for twishard +0 faster as you can. Guardian gear Is the weakest gear in Tera history.
  • So what happes to Alkahests and feedstock? Do they become useless? is that system still used for low level gear? can they be vendored?

Also Gold is a bit of an issue I usually spend 80kish each month on elite status which is pretty much everything I make in a month. What are some ways to really make some cash right now to better prepare for he change?

Also outside of leveling new charecters what are ways one can get their hands on more rubys and saphires(and emeralds and diamonds lol)?
  • VinyltailsVinyltails ✭✭✭✭
    Feed and alk up to tier 5 is used for under 65 gear but all alkahest t5 and up become useless. T11 and 12 feed and MWA (and all other old enchantibg stuff like Spellbind) and be dismantled for entrophic tokens to buy new mats (specifically Talents).

To make money, spam 16 vanguards on all alts and sell spare enchanting mats and look what's selling, basically play the broker.

Gems (and gold) become much easier to get when Guardian missions come

So what happes to Alkahests and feedstock? Do they become useless? is that system still used for low level gear? can they be vendored?

Also Gold is a bit of an issue I usually spend 80kish each month on elite status which is pretty much everything I make in a month. What are some ways to really make some cash right now to better prepare for he change?

Also outside of leveling new charecters what are ways one can get their hands on more rubys and saphires(and emeralds and diamonds lol)?

1)Alkahest and feedstock can be exchanged for metamorph emblems, you can buy the new materials for enchanting new gears.

Very useful if wanna progress faster. ( if consoles get pre patch, you can get tons of metamorph emblems jus playing dugens.)

2) depends, with guardian mission, you can get 40 boxes aprox 12.000 to 25.000 gold (according to your luck RGN boxes) in jewels if wanna gold, with super gears you can farm boxes epic faster and get more gold per hour.
    Also low tier dugens like ravenous George, can be farmed epic faster with just frosmetal +5 and get gold faster, by using your elite and reset scrolls. More gold.

Option b: buy gems from Tera store and sell it for gold, or sell items for gold

3)crafting by yourself you can get more gems that just buy them for gold.

Guardian mission 40 boxes per character,+ alchemist artisan = free emeralds , free diamonds, by crafting by yourself.

Option b: buy gems from store : some people get tons of gems paying for gem boxes, on Tera store.

• these guardian missions, are they pretty much the same as vanguard requests? slay 10 insert IoD bam here?
    these guardian missions, are they pretty much the same as vanguard requests? slay 10 insert IoD bam here?

Nope,guardian mission are per contribution points, you hit a Bam ,and get points if do more damage to the Bam than other people get even more points and every 100.000 points you get a box with a gem inside. May contain: 90% chances of 1 , 2 or 3 rubies 5% chances shappires , 1% emerald and-9999% diamond.

40 boxes per character every 24 hours, more chars more gems.
  • I am very concerned about smart dyads, etchings and the gear revamp. Coming from other games where the devs seemed to delight in making changes that invalidated a player's time spent, I feel an effort should be made to give players some of these items during the revamp. Smart dyads have been included in many of the more recent events and my friends have used them on Deathwrack equipment without knowing the full scale of the gear revamp. They have just learned that the PC players lost all of them during the revamp and are seething that the same may happen on console. Perhaps a scroll that unbinds etchings and dyads or just have them all unbind from the old equipment but still be bound to character. Please don't marginalize the effect of losing such items has on a player's will to keep playing a game.
    Thank you for reading.
  • MaximumbootyMaximumbooty ✭✭
    edited March 3
    Console specific information

Save about 410k gold to buy all the crafting recipes for talents and gems

Save more gold to assist in gearing

Do you EIGHT vg dailies on each character

Get to at least +12 misery to convert yo twist shard

If youre in ambush/deathwrack unawakened then stock pile feedstock and mwa and wait.
    You wont need to pay the 2k fs awakening fee post revamp so youll have more effective chances at +ing your gear to +15 to convert to high frost metal or +2 stormcry.

Get all crafting professions to master on each class

Make/buy a quatrefoil brooch now because once april comes you wont get the chance anymore

Stock up on triumph/war badges/ lakan mats/ etc to dismantle into large quantities of etropic emblems if you dont need them for deathwrack

Do Pit of Petrax at least a couple times a week to stock up on rubies

Hold on to all elite boxes and dont open them

Get all your godsbane/heavensbane jewelry resized and ready

Get your circlet and upgrade it

Right now if your stuff isnt awakened its best to stockpile as much as possible.

The more you do now for your main or at least your inventory the less youll struggle later in the long run.
  • @Gatokatzen and @Maximumbooty - Thank you both for such detailed lists of preparation steps for the upcoming revamp. This really helps for someone like me, who never heard of Tera until it came out on console, so I have no idea what the PC version has. Luckily, I have always enjoyed gathering and crafting a lot, so I already have masters in all four crafts. I will be working on some of the other things to prepare for the revamp. :)