[TERA PC & CONSOLE] TERA’s annual summer celebration is back with a vengeance. Participate in Summerfest activities to earn tokens redeemable for costumes, consumables, mounts, and more! Details: https://bit.ly/tera_sf20
[TERA Console] We will be entering maintenance on Monday, August 3 at 7 p.m. PT, and have an expected downtime of 3 hours. For details and updates, please visit the following link: http://bit.ly/teraconsolemaintenance

Problems with PVP in Tera (Shore Hold / Grid / CS discussion)

Comments

• I agree with battleground multiple que, and make grid available daily.

Also, please remove kick function from bg. Its pointless as it is ridiculous. There is already auto kick function if someone is afk, and the bg match is on a time limit. Meaning its gonna end anyway, when the timer runs out.

what? NO... you've not played with afk bots, have you? they were really bad beforehand, but there are still some around and they literally just afk, jump every so often, or move in order to avoid the automatic afk kick.
  • ic3dt3a wrote: »
    what? NO... you've not played with afk bots, have you? they were really bad beforehand, but there are still some around and they literally just afk, jump every so often, or move in order to avoid the automatic afk kick.

Have u?
    What kick button gonna do to afk bots? That's another issue, which is the report button. Player cant report bots if they from another server.

Have u?
    What kick button gonna do to afk bots? That's another issue, which is the report button. Player cant report bots if they from another server.

yes i have, kick the bots then report. i've done it quite a bit of times going as far as requesting support to remove any items gained from bgs and to track down their trade logs(gold and silver talents). theres only two servers, are you dense??
  • The in-game report system doesn't work anymore, hadn't worked for years. Record and send a support ticket yourself, can say what server this way.
  • After reading all post on this thread you clearly see that main issues are:

1.- PvP gear progression and
    2.- PvPers toxicity kicking other players without reason.

Even if FWC would be there it had died already because those two factors and things could be even worse for a 15v15 unequalized BG.

Sugestions:

1.- Make the PvP gear progression friendlier than it is right now.
    2.- Ban those toxic players that have plagued this game for years and only make other players to stop playing.
  • Ye ban PvE players who won't let me in and kicks me in BS or VS because I don't have HO and I can't do more than 2.5mil dps. Toxic tryhards ruin the game anyways been plaguing the pve community for years and just makes us stop playing by degrading ppl base on their dmg on moongourd. Make PvE Progression 10x better its too rng and I can't farm talents/plates because grinding is too much.

Also FWC pops because the pvplayers coordinate and tell their friends/community to queue. If you are a clueless random player queuing you will get kicked. Don't think randoms decide if SH pops but rather multiple KT/VK guilds like Manifest Attack Provoke Heroic and Definitive Ero decide to sync up and play SH.
  • HLK76PFWXTHLK76PFWXT ✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    Wrong post.

My apologies.
  • I have a new idea about the Battleground Queue System. First, Why need Change?
    Because the original queue system often makes one side raid.
    (It is like a raid has more elite players and another raid is more inexperienced players.)
    It is bad. And according to most of the players' behavior, they will just give up and don't try.

The most effective way is to change the behavior of the player. Just like the XXX online game they add this system.

bxHWaWO.png

Another idea is about the Shore Hold battleground.
    You can Create the Two Shore Hold Battleground, Just like the 3s battleground.
    The difference is...We can use the players' Personal Rating to make the players only can queue that battleground.

One is for Personal Rating lower than 1300. (For normal players)
    Two is for Personal Rating higher than 1250. (For elite players)

eX7Ne8J.png

Why do this?
    This is a way to distinguish two different players.
    1. Normal players 2. Elite players.
    Also, It still needs to add the new setting like:
    You can't kick the player in (For normal players) Battleground.
    But you can vote their behavior after the game.
    ● Report someone? ☑Yes. ☐No.
    ● 1. Did this player AFK? ☑Yes. ☐No.
    That player will be reminded by Behavior System.
    And can't use "Queue System" in 30 mins (New punish buff).

Thank You For Reading.
    The most effective way is to change the behavior of the player.

• edited February 2019
    Manifest synch kicked me at start when I had full +6 Discip. and power accessories... Shore is impossible to get started in, and i'm considering quitting the game because of this.
  • how about reducing the price of plates to what particles are in the shop
  • CROOOOWCROOOOW
    edited February 2019
    Ayy, I'm a little late to the party here, but I just saw this and wanted to drop my opinion here.

First: Degrading is cancer and should be removed. The thing is that it makes it scary to even attempt upgrading past +7, which discourages people from playing altogether once they reach that point, which is obviously not good for activity. I get that they want it to be kind of grindy, so people don't just quickly reach +9 and then quit playing the game except for CUV. But instead of degrading, they could just increase the upgrade costs for +8 and +9, which would still take time to get but not be so frustrating.

Second: Kills need to be more rewarding in Shorehold. Either death timers need to last longer or else kills need to be rewarded with more team points. I don't mind the new game mode, but it just feels too unrewarding when you wipe an enemy team.

Third: For fks sakes they gotta fix the matching. Unequalized PVP is and always has been aids because of this. I don't even care about syncs destroying people in CS, because at least there's equalized gear there. But when you've got a sync of hardcore PVPers in shorehold stomping on casuals in +3 time and time again, it's just [filtered] for PVP and people are going to quit PVP because of that.

Fourth: People without pvp gear in shorehold is a problem. There needs to be a way to detect when people don't have a PVP set and they can either be given a +0 equalized set for the match or else not even allowed to queue.
  • HLK76PFWXTHLK76PFWXT ✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    Wrong post.

My apologies.
    yes i have, kick the bots then report. i've done it quite a bit of times going as far as requesting support to remove any items gained from bgs and to track down their trade logs(gold and silver talents). theres only two servers, are you dense??

Omegalulz =)=)=)
    The in-game report system doesn't work anymore, hadn't worked for years. Record and send a support ticket yourself, can say what server this way.

^ This.
    Again, what's kick button gonna do?

• Vy1ViviVy1Vivi ✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    I posted this in the other thread, but I'll post it here too to provide people with a nice in-game chat example of these issues playing out live:

TpGhXhb.png

Again, I am an outsider of this, I just happened to be playing while other players were having this exchange and decided to screenshot this, but you can see clearly right there one of SH's biggest problems and flaws; this is only just one of many incidents like this one that I have observed, and I've seen numerous player complaints whether it is directly to me, in the game, or out of game about this kind of toxic behavior in SH. This was from Kaiator by the way; for some reason a couple of elitists from the other thread thought I played in Velika.

And what's hilarious is just a couple days later on a weekend night no less you had a lot of those same players in that chat (the ones doing the kicking) complaining about 2 hour queue with a shortage of dps because not enough dps queuing.

Hmmmm, and I wonder why?
  • Getting to +9 gear for the weapon can take around 1000 plates. This is the number I heard when asking around.