Future patch making us pay to change pet names?

From Seraphinush's KTera Patch notes:
"Servant (pet and partner) name change is free for the 1st name change, and requires Servant Name Change Voucher there after"

Does this truly mean that we're going to have to buy vouchers to change the names of our pets now? This is probably the most absurd money grab i've seen so far. If you own a pet or two you've probably changed it's name numerous times, from either giving an "afk" stataus, or naming it after your friend or significant other, or whatever else. I really hope this is just a misunderstanding, if not, I truly have no words.

(If you're curious as to what a servant/partner is, feel free to read for yourself in the patch notes hyperlinked above)

Comments

• Ray676Ray676 ✭✭✭
    You get like 6 potion pets for free. Dedicate one of those to the "afk" name.
  • Xd. But people, said game is better and less pay to play with every patch.
    Don’t be surprised if soon costumes going to sell it by separated pieces, like armor , and you must pay for shoes, top, and pants. Not bundles anymore
  • allofspaceandtimeallofspaceandtime ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gatokatzen wrote: »
    Xd. But people, said game is better and less pay to play with every patch.
    Don’t be surprised if soon costumes going to sell it by separated pieces, like armor , and you must pay for shoes, top, and pants. Not bundles anymore

don't give them any ideas lol
  • Gatokatzen wrote: »

That's how it was on Jade Dynasty before it shut down last year. You had to pay for top,bottoms,shoes, and Hair. Also had to pay real money to upgrade gear that had a chance of breaking with no way of repairing it once it broke. Oh, and wanted to be stronger? Jade dynasty had a thing called Espers and to be strong you had to pay REAL money for stronger Espers...and real money for health pots lol
  • MeningitisMeningitis ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 4
    The voucher might not even be in cash shop. Just like how the "gym uniform name changer" voucher and hat restyling voucher exist in merchant stores in game. Freak out and cry cash grab after you get more solid information.
    Gatokatzen wrote: »
    That kind of system was in place with the old fashion armor template mix n match before fcoups. They got rid of it. And people were upset about it being removed. Not to mention having separate cosmetic pieces would actually enhance the experience due to better customization. And if they did split them up, they'd probably be sold in bundles with the option be be purchased separately for a specific piece like in other mmos.

But the main point is that a pet name and cosmetics don't hinder your ability to play the game for free. No one is forcing you to buy that kind of thing. And if you don't like it/don't like that they're charging for it, don't pay. If enough people have an actual issue with it, the game will lose funds and be forced to change or shut down.
  • SageWinduSageWindu High Seat of the Jedi Council ✭✭✭✭✭
    Meningitis wrote: »
    But the main point is that a pet name and cosmetics don't hinder your ability to play the game for free. No one is forcing you to buy that kind of thing. And if you don't like it/don't like that they're charging for it, don't pay. If enough people have an actual issue with it, the game will lose funds and be forced to change or shut down.

You've seen how people act in-game, correct? Remember when we said EME went to far with the gem crates? People still bought scores of them. Same with talent crates. Several people (hell, myself included) accused EME of the old "Create a problem, sell the solution" approach to money-making.

To be fair, I doubt that'll be the case with g**damn pet name vouchers. But... you can never tell with this crowd. We all might be (unpleasantly) surprised...
  • SageWindu wrote: »
    Meningitis wrote: »

You've seen how people act in-game, correct? Remember when we said EME went to far with the gem crates? People still bought scores of them. Same with talent crates. Several people (hell, myself included) accused EME of the old "Create a problem, sell the solution" approach to money-making.

To be fair, I doubt that'll be the case with g**damn pet name vouchers. But... you can never tell with this crowd. We all might be (unpleasantly) surprised...

I will say that, of all the things they could monetize, I would prefer cosmetic things like pet name change vouchers over things like gem/talent crates that have a direct impact on the economy and feel "pay-to-win." That said, taking a feature a way to put a pay gate around it is miserly, and, realistically it's not like it'll be one in the place of the other anyway...
  • I never bought a pet, and my game is happy. Guess pets aren’t a game changer, just a fancy item. Best pet in game remains free, watermelon pet.

Unless as they forced people to farm item xp, now monsters are going to be faster, means if you don’t own a super pet grade 9999. With epic buffs. New super monsters may kill you in a hit.

Would be a good idea to make money, forced farming things for pets system, to play or bye. Pet item xp vouchers, ep pet points, stormcry pet slots. 24.000.000 millions gold to heroic oath pet level. Pet dresses.pet Liberation scrolls. PvP pets that hit other players and wipe 50% hp , to make shore , even worse. Seems legit for money