Any chance of a graphic engine upgrade?

Blade and Soul is getting an engine upgrade. The UE3 engine have been getting worse and worse for mmos. As much as people here want classic servers and new areas, I think this game could really use a performance boost since running in sub 30fps when too much is going on sucks. I love Tera but the performance makes it hard to come back

Comments

• VinyltailsVinyltails ✭✭✭✭
    Nope, Never. Way too much effort for the Devs to bother doing it and plus, they tried UE4 Stuff in the past and gave up/Stopped so won't happen
  • Yeah we are going to get a new UE4 update, but not for Tera, will be for new Krafton Bluehole MMO star , the fake Tera 2.
  • DokibunDokibun ✭✭✭✭
    The game as a whole is too dead to pour that kind of resource into it.
  • KetothKetoth ✭✭✭✭
    Gatokatzen wrote: »
    Yeah we are going to get a new UE4 update, but not for Tera, will be for new Krafton Bluehole MMO star , the fake Tera 2.

A:IR will still be in UE3
  • vkobevkobe ✭✭✭✭✭
    lol tera engine in 2020 when ps5, xbox 2 and rtx will become common :3
  • They attempted to in the past but gave up because they didn't know how and thought it wasn't worth it. At this point it won't happen, the game does not make enough money or have enough players to warrant an engine upgrade.
  • ZoknahalZoknahal ✭✭✭✭✭
    Technically speaking, a port from the Unreal Engine 3 to the much better Unreal 4 is very possible, as other games such as BnS are already in the process of doing it.

However, we are talking about BHS, a company that only kept getting worse every year that passed and completely neglected, and still does neglect, a large portion of bugs and optimization issues that we have seen since the start of the game.

To be completely honest, TERA would be better to be bought off from BHS hands by a much more competent studio, cause in the state that BHS is right now, we pretty much have lost any hope of them actually doing some work into fixing the numerous game issues that persist even after 6 years.
  • LapomkoLapomko ✭✭✭
    edited February 5
    Game with this low population and the massive cost to port the game to UE4 and rewriting the game code exceeds the initial investment. The investors and the CEO will not be happy with it.

If they can't fix the problems the game already has besides this major expensive issue don't think they will ever do.
  • nhatnhat ✭✭
    Ketoth wrote: »
    Gatokatzen wrote: »
    Yeah we are going to get a new UE4 update, but not for Tera, will be for new Krafton Bluehole MMO star , the fake Tera 2.

A:IR will still be in UE3

Yea that's ridiculous, even the trailer had slowdowns lol. New games like Kurtzpel are being made to UE4. I like Tera a lot so it pains me whenever I see this game dips down to < 30fps when only in a populated town
  • SageWinduSageWindu High Seat of the Jedi Council ✭✭✭✭✭
    BHS still hasn't fixed the g**damn scarf/cape glitch. You really think they'd be so quick to adapt a new graphics engine at this point?