[PS4/XB1] We will be entering into maintenance on 9/23 at 7pm PDT, and have an expected downtime of 3. For details, please visit the following thread: http://bit.ly/teraconsolemaintenance

Golden talent supply problem coming back

Slowly going up in price. Was 50g each before the shorehold patch, now it's 70g each. Slowly going up and up and not going down at any point in the day.

You know it's a problem when Silver Talents are cheaper the Gold ones.

Silly to remove Golden Talents from Bellacarium credits shop. Also even more silly to remove Item XP from Battlegrounds vanguards, we still need Item XP to upgrade jewelry...

Unneeded changes create too many problems.

Comments

• ChristinChristin ✭✭✭✭
    Everything is going up in price, but I'm pretty sure they are doing it on purpose. I haven't even bothered to farm lately, because the prices of everything is getting extreme. I feel sorry for new players as they have no hope. By the time you save up for anything, it has double or tripled in price. Not sure why you guys think talents are somehow supposed to be immune from the price spikes. Just a few days ago there were 15 pages of talents. That would tell me that there are still a lot in game. Now, there are 6 pages, but if you wait until a weekend, amounts for sale will go up again.
  • Ray676Ray676 ✭✭✭
    Christin wrote: »
    Everything is going up in price, but I'm pretty sure they are doing it on purpose. I haven't even bothered to farm lately, because the prices of everything is getting extreme. I feel sorry for new players as they have no hope. By the time you save up for anything, it has double or tripled in price. Not sure why you guys think talents are somehow supposed to be immune from the price spikes. Just a few days ago there were 15 pages of talents. That would tell me that there are still a lot in game. Now, there are 6 pages, but if you wait until a weekend, amounts for sale will go up again.

I literally said why the price is spiking and continuing to go up. Pvp BC shop removed golden talents(and other stuff) Another reason is that you only get 1 Battleground enchanting material box per vanguard now. Compared to pre-patch getting 4 for a loss and 7 for a win in CS. One higher for fwc.

Which after spamming pvp for a few hours you would have a good amount of material boxes which would net you many Golden talents to use for crafting. Along with other materials and silver talents.

Not to mention it's been almost a week and there is still no Battleground Coins added back to pvp vanguards
  • Ray676 wrote: »
    Slowly going up in price. Was 50g each before the shorehold patch, now it's 70g each. Slowly going up and up and not going down at any point in the day.

Silly to remove Golden Talents from Bellacarium credits shop. Also even more silly to remove Item XP from Battlegrounds vanguards, we still need Item XP to upgrade jewelry...

They also removed the battleground coins while the dungeons coins are still there so yet another loss from the PvP side of the game.

It might have some sense considering the EMP based golden talents boxes and even the normal golden talents that can be opened with strongbox keys which are mostly acquired with yet even more EMP.

And i would not mind that overall but the issue is that there is a visible lack of golden talents in the game at the moment and it is so much harder to upgrade/enchanting anything ( i wanted to enchant some alts and make them better but it is incredibly expensive when having to spend 400k up 500k or even more depending on luck to enchant from +5Storm up to +7Storm.. and i would buy the weapon straight forward but i am already at +5storm on alt and i have already invested a lot ).
  • just straight up BadJobBHS
  • alot of ppl including me have posted before about this issue but we recieved nothin from eme ,

while eu is swimming with talents be it golden or silver ( from elleon coins) , we have to go the extra mile and sleep in IoD cause its the only way to get a good handful
  • They removed the talents from the VG shop because they have their own equipment specifically for PVP, that's upgraded through mats from PVP. The reason talents were available in PVP before, is because your standard progression gear was used for both PVP and PVE. Now it's split the way it was back in the Tensus/Lucid patch, where you PVP for PVP gear, and PVE for PVE gear. Pretty simple concept. And let's be honest, the amount of mats you get from PVE is so low that people horde for themselves most of the time due to the excessive costs to enchant in this stupid enchanting system. Anyone with half a brain could have seen this coming with the release of PVP specific gear.
  • Meanwhile on EU, super event with free things and prizes for community xd.
  • HLK76PFWXT wrote: »
    Ray676 wrote: »

They also removed the battleground coins while the dungeons coins are still there so yet another loss from the PvP side of the game.

It might have some sense considering the EMP based golden talents boxes and even the normal golden talents that can be opened with strongbox keys which are mostly acquired with yet even more EMP.

And i would not mind that overall but the issue is that there is a visible lack of golden talents in the game at the moment and it is so much harder to upgrade/enchanting anything ( i wanted to enchant some alts and make them better but it is incredibly expensive when having to spend 400k up 500k or even more depending on luck to enchant from +5Storm up to +7Storm.. and i would buy the weapon straight forward but i am already at +5storm on alt and i have already invested a lot ).

Because Battle Ground and Dungeon Delver Coins are for events. Everyone knows they are only active during Event weekends.
  • LapomkoLapomko ✭✭✭
    It's normal because the whales with massive amount of gold are buying out the talents so they can resell them later when they are inflated.
  • Ray676Ray676 ✭✭✭
    HLK76PFWXT wrote: »
    Ray676 wrote: »

Because Battle Ground and Dungeon Delver Coins are for events. Everyone knows they are only active during Event weekends.

Everyone except you it seems. Battleground coins were an everyday thing for several months now. only dungeon ones are weekend
  • Vy1ViviVy1Vivi ✭✭✭
    Well since the dungeon coins are only active during events it seems only fair that BG ones be only for events too. Not everyone likes to pvp or do bgs so they can't get the coins as often.

If I recall last year before all of the Christmas golden box specials gold talents were double the price even when you could still get them with bg credits. I think part of the reason for the price rise is because all of the cheap talents from all of those events are gone now and the old prices are returning, so none of this is really a surprise.
  • TYoung11TYoung11 ✭✭✭
    The lack of Talents in the system is the reason I don't care to play much anymore. Can only grind boring low end content so much before you just don't care anymore, can only do the same high end dungeons on one class so many times before the excitement wears out, and can't gear alts for high end content without doing boring low end content.

Having talents be the limiting factor for gearing with the only way to obtain them being boring low end content and low efficiency RNG boxes at the upper end, seems to be a pretty dumb way to keep players over the long haul, and an even worse way to get new players to stick around. I mean think about it, the only way to farm talents now before hitting ilvl 453 is to farm IoD...that's a LOT of boring grinding which does not get much better after you hit 453...
    (Yes...there are a few other ways to get talents...the low end dg's drop a pitiful amount and strongboxes are P2P or incredibly inefficient with farming rewards points...)

TLDR: The talent situation sucks, fix it or people will start to say goodbye...it's only going to get worse with no new content for months. What content we are getting is just more grinding of recycled content anyways.
  • I guess grinding boring low end content is paying off then, now the prices are steadily increasing.
  • Vy1Vivi wrote: »
    Well since the dungeon coins are only active during events it seems only fair that BG ones be only for events too. Not everyone likes to pvp or do bgs so they can't get the coins as often.

If I recall last year before all of the Christmas golden box specials gold talents were double the price even when you could still get them with bg credits. I think part of the reason for the price rise is because all of the cheap talents from all of those events are gone now and the old prices are returning, so none of this is really a surprise.

There is a difference from doing a battleground and a dungeon.

One dungeon can be cleared within twenty minutes (?) and receieve the dungeon coins.

One battleground win can take from 15 minutes up to 45 minutes or even one hour depending on how the queue is doing.

• edited February 9
    Mod Edit: Removed for off-topic aggression and personal attacks.