[PS4/XB1] We will be entering maintenance on 08/19 at 7pm, and expect a downtime of approximately 3 hours. For details, please visit the following thread: http://bit.ly/teraconsolemaintenance

Feb 1 to 4 Dungeon Bonus

According to news, the weekend event during which running 417+ dungeons yields extra drops should start "from Friday, February 1 at 9 a.m. PDT until Monday, February 4 at 8:59 a.m. PST." However, in actuality, the dungeons stopped giving the 35 T12 feedstocks and reset scrolls way before 9 am PDT. My group realized it by 3am, but I suspect it ended at 11pm on Feb 3, which is time reset for vanguard requests.

This isn't the first time that the end time for an event ended earlier than publicized. So what gives? Should we not rely on the detail accuracy on the news?

edit: I'm speaking for NA pve server

Comments

• This seems to be a trend. I have noticed several events ending earlier than what was published.
  • I don't like Discord, and I find it very confusing, but I check it and Twitter sometimes, just because I got tired of so many things not being posted here in the official forum, so many of us who check in the official forum for information miss out on a lot of stuff.

As far as the dungeon event, I saw @CobaltDragon post in one of the Discord threads that he has reset the dungeon events, because of the accidental early ending. I have copied and pasted some of his Discord posts below, from about 5 hours ago, and I have tagged him in this post, in case I have made an error and he needs to correct me. I know nothing more than what I am copying below, for the benefit of people checking the official forum for information.

"Alright, the Event should now be re-enabled on each Region / Platform.
    If for some reason there is an issue, let me know asap."

"I'm still not 100% sure on the specific time zone ( UTC or PST ) that this Event is going off of, so I'll just mention that the extension I placed set it out to Feb 5th 23:59"

"Update : I'll give PS4 EU an extra 5 hours past the above stated time, due to the delayed Event start on Friday"
  • ooh you're right! I can confirm. Thanks for letting us know. Kudos to you and EnMasse :D
  • I'm grateful for the re-enabling of the Event, nonetheles, but for the sake of documentation..

It seems that there's a bug where the game doesn't check the remaining entries of the players before allowing them to enter a dungeon. So players with 0 remaining entries are entering a dungeon, but when the fight initiates and the game tries to deduct an entry from these players, the game freaks out and kicks the players out of the dungeon as a fail-safe.

This message likely won't reach CobaltDragon in a timely manner, but I just wanted to make this known.
  • edited February 5
    Lingyi wrote: »
    I'm grateful for the re-enabling of the Event, nonetheles, but for the sake of documentation..

It seems that there's a bug where the game doesn't check the remaining entries of the players before allowing them to enter a dungeon. So players with 0 remaining entries are entering a dungeon, but when the fight initiates and the game tries to deduct an entry from these players, the game freaks out and kicks the players out of the dungeon as a fail-safe.

This message likely won't reach CobaltDragon in a timely manner, but I just wanted to make this known.

That seems like a very sound theory for them to test. I know they are working on the issue, so they "may have" figured out the root cause by now, or they may not. I am tagging @CobaltDragon and @Sarumonin in this thread for you. Either CobaltDragon may see it, or Sarumonin may pass your theory on to him for testing, if they haven't already confirmed or ruled out the possibility that part of the programming is allowing the additional entry, but then another part of the programming is booting them back out for too many entries.
  • Hey!

Yes, it's a known issue and it's being worked on right now.
  • That seems like a very sound theory for them to test. I know they are working on the issue, so they "may have" figured out the root cause by now, or they may not. I am tagging @CobaltDragon and @Sarumonin in this thread for you. Either CobaltDragon may see it, or Sarumonin may pass your theory on to him for testing, if they haven't already confirmed or ruled out the possibility that part of the programming is allowing the additional entry, but then another part of the programming is booting them back out for too many entries.

As an FYI to all :
    I had to scrap the extra Dungeon Entry Event, it will now be a Triple Vanguard ( items, gold, and Rep credit) Event for the same duration.
  • thanks everyone!
  • That seems like a very sound theory for them to test. I know they are working on the issue, so they "may have" figured out the root cause by now, or they may not. I am tagging @CobaltDragon and @Sarumonin in this thread for you. Either CobaltDragon may see it, or Sarumonin may pass your theory on to him for testing, if they haven't already confirmed or ruled out the possibility that part of the programming is allowing the additional entry, but then another part of the programming is booting them back out for too many entries.

As an FYI to all :
    I had to scrap the extra Dungeon Entry Event, it will now be a Triple Vanguard ( items, gold, and Rep credit) Event for the same duration.

@CobaltDragon - Extra dungeon entries WAS a great idea for an event. I am sorry you weren't able to get the programming for it to respond correctly. Thank you SO MUCH for the triple Vanguard rewards. I was out running around for most of today, but I just now logged in and took a look at the Vanguard rewards list. I am happy I got everything done today that I needed to do, because I know I will be busy running Tera Vanguard missions for the next couple of days! THANKS!!! :) :+1: