Tuwangi times have been extended! Check the announcements for further details: https://forums.enmasse.com/tera/discussion/30878/pubg-x-tera-tuwangi-times-extended
TERA x PUBG is available on all platforms! Learn about our fun crossover event with here: http://tera.enmasse.com/news/posts/tera-x-pubg

EU TERA Listened to Players

2t15lh.jpg

Hopefully EME follows suit. Otherwise, they're going to be bleeding more players.
«13

Comments

  • HLK76PFWXTHLK76PFWXT ✭✭✭
    edited February 7
    Wrong post.

    My apologies.
  • AluhAluh ✭✭
    "Listened" As if m8.
  • BonbonnieBonbonnie ✭✭✭
    Aluh wrote: »
    "Listened" As if m8.

    More than EME does.
  • Vy1ViviVy1Vivi ✭✭✭
    Bonbonnie wrote: »
    2t15lh.jpg

    Hopefully EME follows suit. Otherwise, they're going to be bleeding more players.

    I wouldn't exactly call EU's classic server as 'listened to players.' Besides, gf always does better for their players compared to our region, so this shouldn't even be a surprise. I still say that NA's population is too pathetic to try and bother hosting a classic server anyway.
  • nhatnhat ✭✭
    No thanks, focus on optimizing by upgrading to dx11 or a new engine, the performance is bad.
  • Naru2008Naru2008 ✭✭✭✭
    Pretty sure word on the street was EME wasn't going to follow suit, and in their current state, it's 'impossible' for them to do so.

    Someone more in the know can correct me if I'm wrong.
  • metagamemetagame ✭✭✭✭
    available for roughly 2 months because even they're aware that the server will be a ghost town after a week or two
  • CornishRexCornishRex ✭✭✭✭✭
    > @metagame said:
    > available for roughly 2 months because even they're aware that the server will be a ghost town after a week or two

    This decision has nothing to do with gf, it's the same event ktera is having right now. Jtera also had a short lived classic server. And who would even expect a server stuck on one patch to survive longer than like 4 months anyway
  • LapomkoLapomko ✭✭✭
    More like focus on the routing first that they couldn't fix for many many years.
  • ZoknahalZoknahal ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 7
    EME is listening guys, dont be fooled!

    They are currently thinking how to milk our pockets with cash grab "events during the 7th anniversary!

    Being serious, i wouldnt mind if they bring the classic server thing for the 7th anniversary, it would actually be really well welcomed.
    Im thinking of the benefits this could make: being hopeful and expecting a miracle to happen, EME could relay good feedback about the classic server, so that BHS could get to work on a PERMANENT version of some of the most memorable dungeons in TERA for those who been here for as long as myself:

    Kelsaik Nest
    Argon Corpus
    Manayas Core

    Those who been here since this dungeons, know the level of difficulty they had, and how rewarding they were, specially Manayas Core, where you could set a party to farm Reagent gear, sell it, and split the income, those were good times.

    If the difficulty level, boss HP and defense and stuff gets adjusted for lvl 65 or 70, this dungeons alone could be the trigger for a few players coming back.

    Hopeful thoughts, but one can still hope, even when that hope has been lost during the years.
  • Vy1ViviVy1Vivi ✭✭✭
    Zoknahal wrote: »
    EME is listening guys, dont be fooled!

    They are currently thinking how to milk our pockets with cash grab "events during the 7th anniversary!

    Being serious, i wouldnt mind if they bring the classic server thing for the 7th anniversary, it would actually be really well welcomed.
    Im thinking of the benefits this could make: being hopeful and expecting a miracle to happen, EME could relay good feedback about the classic server, so that BHS could get to work on a PERMANENT version of some of the most memorable dungeons in TERA for those who been here for as long as myself:

    Kelsaik Nest
    Argon Corpus
    Manayas Core

    Those who been here since this dungeons, know the level of difficulty they had, and how rewarding they were, specially Manayas Core, where you could set a party to farm Reagent gear, sell it, and split the income, those were good times.

    If the difficulty level, boss HP and defense and stuff gets adjusted for lvl 65 or 70, this dungeons alone could be the trigger for a few players coming back.

    Hopeful thoughts, but one can still hope, even when that hope has been lost during the years.

    Except Manaya's Core wasn't even a good dungeon. People only did it because it was the only endgame dungeon content. Argon Corpus and Kelsaik's Nest were better, but I say there were far better dungeons the game had back then that you didn't bother to list - Fane of Kaprima, Balders Temple, Wonderholme. There's even a dungeon called 'Bathysmal Rise' that I never had the chance to try out because I had quit by then that would be nice if they brought back.

    Regardless, I know how this all goes and I'll just say this now: do not hope, and do not hold your breath. BHS will never do anything like bring back the old dungeons and catch them up to the current patches. Not only would they have to readjust those dungeons to account for all the new classes/skills/ content the game has (apex being a huge one), but then they'd have to do it for level 70 update too and we all know that that would just be too much effort for BHS. The game isn't even in its prime anymore in any region. Its dying, and doesn't make nearly enough money for them to bother doing that. Why do you think they just either removed the dungeons from the game or left them as is?
  • MeningitisMeningitis ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 8
    I can understand why some people would want a classic server, but not why they'd want a permanent one. A classic server wouldn't get any updates with new content. All of the old broken garbage that actually happened to get fixed would be there. People would get their nostalgia out of their system and then start whining about how there's nothing to do on it.

    Also, @Vy1Vivi , BHS (now Krafton I suppose...) has already brought back several old dungeons and adjusted them for new classes/skills. They've done it a bunch of times. Some versions were weaker or harder than others, but they still did it. Even Bathysmal Rise came and went a few times. They even brought back Wonderholme from the grave once. And Velik's Sanctuary and Shadow Sanguinary are dungeons brought back from older patches. They're in the game right now. There's also an event build for TImescape in an upcoming patch. You say they won't do it because it's "too much effort," but honestly it seems like the opposite. They seem to really like recycling old dungeons so they won't have to make new ones.
    However, there is a point to be made that some of the dungeons from the very beginning of the game are more outdated than the rest of the ones listed. If they adjusted the values for the new levels and such, people would quickly find them boring since this game has evolved in terms of mechanics a LOT over the past few years. That's the part that the developer would be bad at doing- making new updated mechanics. Even though it's been done like once or twice before and it still seems more cost efficient than making a new dungeon from scratch.
  • Vy1ViviVy1Vivi ✭✭✭
    Meningitis wrote: »
    I can understand why some people would want a classic server, but not why they'd want a permanent one. A classic server wouldn't get any updates with new content. All of the old broken garbage that actually happened to get fixed would be there. People would get their nostalgia out of their system and then start whining about how there's nothing to do on it.

    Also, @Vy1Vivi , BHS (now Krafton I suppose...) has already brought back several old dungeons and adjusted them for new classes/skills. They've done it a bunch of times. Some versions were weaker or harder than others, but they still did it. Even Bathysmal Rise came and went a few times. They even brought back Wonderholme from the grave once. And Velik's Sanctuary and Shadow Sanguinary are dungeons brought back from older patches. They're in the game right now. There's also an event build for TImescape in an upcoming patch. You say they won't do it because it's "too much effort," but honestly it seems like the opposite. They seem to really like recycling old dungeons so they won't have to make new ones.
    However, there is a point to be made that some of the dungeons from the very beginning of the game are more outdated than the rest of the ones listed. If they adjusted the values for the new levels and such, people would quickly find them boring since this game has evolved in terms of mechanics a LOT over the past few years. That's the part that the developer would be bad at doing- making new updated mechanics. Even though it's been done like once or twice before and it still seems more cost efficient than making a new dungeon from scratch.

    Well first of all, we're talking about bringing things back permanently. I wasn't talking about Wonderholme and Bathysmal Rise when it comes to bringing them back permanently and adjusting them to fit the current patch, I was mainly talking about the classics that I mentioned - FoK and BT, and the other poster mentioned MC, KN, and Argon corpus; all dungeons that from what I recall were never brought back or made up to date for the current state of the game. I get that I wasn't clear in differentiating those. I was already aware that Wonderholme and Bathysmal Rise were brought back. And Velik's Sanctuary and Shadow Sanguinary don't count because they've taken those out and brought them back numerous times.

    I get what you're trying to say, but what I was trying to say was that the really old content back then that I mentioned would be too much effort for them on a dead game like this. My main point was because of that, they're obviously not going to bother to do it. It doesn't look like to me that they're all for recycling dungeons THAT far back. In fact they recently came up with a new lazy dungeon with silly mechanics - Bahaars. And we have a new set of dungeons that are currently in the game; no need for them to add anything new for now or to bother recycling ancient stuff that would be too much effort for them to adjust for the way the game currently is.
  • MeningitisMeningitis ✭✭✭✭
    Vy1Vivi wrote: »
    first of all, we're talking about bringing things back permanently. I wasn't talking about Wonderholme and Bathysmal Rise when it comes to bringing them back permanently and adjusting them to fit the current patch, I was mainly talking about the classics that I mentioned - FoK and BT, and the other poster mentioned MC, KN, and Argon corpus; all dungeons that from what I recall were never brought back or made up to date for the current state of the game. I get that I wasn't clear in differentiating those. I was already aware that Wonderholme and Bathysmal Rise were brought back. And Velik's Sanctuary and Shadow Sanguinary don't count because they've taken those out and brought them back numerous times.

    I get what you're trying to say, but what I was trying to say was that the really old content back then that I mentioned would be too much effort for them on a dead game like this. My main point was because of that, they're obviously not going to bother to do it. It doesn't look like to me that they're all for recycling dungeons THAT far back. In fact they recently came up with a new lazy dungeon with silly mechanics - Bahaars. And we have a new set of dungeons that are currently in the game; no need for them to add anything new for now or to bother recycling ancient stuff that would be too much effort for them to adjust for the way the game currently is.
    Oh yeah, especially dungeons that are still currently in the game for "leveling purposes" (lmao running stuff like MC/KN for xp in 2019) and story. I think Dreadspire was supposed to be BHS' solution for wanting to bring back old fights without revamping all of the old dungeons that are sitting there at lvl 60 and such. I do recall KN getting some sort of event dungeon recently in a different region, but I don't have any of that info on hand. I think the event was 100% put together by the publisher as well (something EME cannot because of resources and would not do because well, it's EME). In the very least, old bosses/mechs have been reused in new dungeon events like EU's Batu Desert or whatever it's called. Pity we can't get that sort of thing in NA.
  • CornishRexCornishRex ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Vy1Vivi
    Wasn't fane of kaprima brought back as a slightly revamped dungeon called vault of kaprima like twice or something. And it was ingame for a long time too, not just a month.
«13
Sign In or Register to comment.