[PC] We will be entering into maintenance downtime on 12/10 at 8am PST. For details, please visit the following thread: http://bit.ly/terapcmaintenance

Golden talent supply problem coming back

Comments

• Vy1ViviVy1Vivi ✭✭✭
    Gatokatzen wrote: »
    Easy, with level 70 your damage going to be increased, if they let same gears, there is no reason to waste time gearing, cause with max level you can do same damage with stormcry gear past +5 +7 than person with max heroic.

lol, what? It doesn't work that way. Yeah your level contributes to your damage output, sure, but only through the gear you are sporting. You're not going to be level 70 in +7 or even +9 stormcry gear doing more damage than someone in full +3 HO LOL. Gear dictates your damage, not level; level is just there so allow you access to certain gear. And its already been established that they're not planning for any new gear set or revamp. If they did that will be a LONG time coming and by then the game will be dead anyway.

And the equipment merge system featuring fodder gear is just that. Merging equipment, not enchanting. The only thing I'd see them doing at this point is increasing the enchants of HO from +3 to higher levels, and tacking on even more excessive costs. That right there is its own grind-fest.
  • Vy1Vivi wrote: »
    Easy, with level 70 your damage going to be increased, if they let same gears, there is no reason to waste time gearing, cause with max level you can do same damage with stormcry gear past +5 +7 than person with max heroic.

lol, what? It doesn't work that way. Yeah your level contributes to your damage output, sure, but only through the gear you are sporting. You're not going to be level 70 in +7 or even +9 stormcry gear doing more damage than someone in full +3 HO LOL. Gear dictates your damage, not level; level is just there so allow you access to certain gear. And its already been established that they're not planning for any new gear set or revamp. If they did that will be a LONG time coming and by then the game will be dead anyway.

And the equipment merge system featuring fodder gear is just that. Merging equipment, not enchanting. The only thing I'd see them doing at this point is increasing the enchants of HO from +3 to higher levels, and tacking on even more excessive costs. That right there is its own grind-fest.

I understand if u're not aware but the level difference over the target dictates many stuff like the dmg done, the dmg you take, the likeness to crit, the likeness to resist crit. It also raises your base hp somewhat.

There's also the fact that for each player lvl over a skill level you gain +3,5% base dmg. so essentially, even ignoring the above being level 70 over 65 gates you a dmg and dps increase of 17,5% on all your skills.
  • KetothKetoth ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 7
    {deleted}
    person above commented same thing
  • Now imagine low levels dugens the 431 and 412 or mid 439 ones the most played ones, If Shore is being monopolized till death for whales.

Imagine level 70 whales queuing and farming these dugens in 2 min or less, then monsters going to be buffed. To avoid abuse, but indirectly Bluehole is attacking people force them to waste resources in leveling or damage going to be zero.
    May you ended kicked a lot of in pve. (Lfg Level 70 only, polished skills full.) or don’t dare to queque.

80% of Tera population will be abandoned, Lilith keeps buffed to level 70 , 431 as example . People with frost +0 but Lilith with level 70. Buffs, then your gear going to land zero damage, unless you reach 70 , thing that won’t be easy to get.

No more alts, only focus in the same main character and may other 2 more, rest of characters rip forever. Get bored cause now you need to add polished skills, and billions of xp.

Now add being a new player and being told about this. “Oh I hit 65, but.. now , are you sure that I need to waste such amount of time to leveling and play. Oh dear no thanks.”

Is Tera 2012 in 2019, the leveling that takes ages and make people leave, backs as gear progression, and people still want a classic server, lol.
  • LapomkoLapomko ✭✭✭
    edited February 7
    Vy1Vivi wrote: »

Sure enjoy +9 HO and new gear soon again.

Btw my trader friends show me screenshot of their golden talents stash from buying out the market so enjoy this state of Tera.
  • I don't get why people don't want to do IoD bams(max 30 min) e spam some low tier dgs for easy talents but wants to scream around because of talents price.

Lol, if you don't want to pay the work of someone against time consuming and boredom, go farm yourself your talents.
  • Richtter wrote: »
    I don't get why people don't want to do IoD bams(max 30 min) e spam some low tier dgs for easy talents but wants to scream around because of talents price.

Lol, if you don't want to pay the work of someone against time consuming and boredom, go farm yourself your talents.

Because most people save their vanguards for Dungeons where they get better EP, Gear XP, and gold not to mention people saving VGS For Battlegrounds.
  • HLK76PFWXTHLK76PFWXT ✭✭✭
    edited February 7
    By the way, the lack of talents might be connected with the fact that the golden boxes event kept the supply up and maybe that now we are getting much less Champion Enchanting Chests from PvP since the gear changed ( we probably get 1/10 chests overall compared to before ).

I hope that we will have a new source of Golden Talents that will not be connected with IOD..
  • TYoung11TYoung11 ✭✭✭
    Richtter wrote: »
    I don't get why people don't want to do IoD bams(max 30 min) e spam some low tier dgs for easy talents but wants to scream around because of talents price.

Even doing 16 IoD on one toon only nets you 112 talents. Each attempt just to upgrade from +9 SC to HO takes around 1k. Even if you waste 9 days of vanguards farming IoD you still won't be able to attempt an enchant because the gold requirements for crafting plates and the raw gold requirement of the upgrade will require days more of farming higher tier vg's.

Add on top of that, the massive amount of item exp for each enchant...

IoD is fine for Guardian, Twist, Frostmetal gear and the first half of Stormcry...but there reaches a point where farming IoD for gear is just stupidity in the massive waste of time and VG's.

Games should be fun and encourage people to play, not force them to make a decision between boring drudgery to progress or actually enjoying their time online.
  • Vy1ViviVy1Vivi ✭✭✭
    edited February 7
    drkmosc wrote: »
    Vy1Vivi wrote: »

I understand if u're not aware but the level difference over the target dictates many stuff like the dmg done, the dmg you take, the likeness to crit, the likeness to resist crit. It also raises your base hp somewhat.

There's also the fact that for each player lvl over a skill level you gain +3,5% base dmg. so essentially, even ignoring the above being level 70 over 65 gates you a dmg and dps increase of 17,5% on all your skills.

Edit - You missed my point entirely, so I'm not even going to bother. From what I see, the new patch severely unbalances things between levels, because under normal circumstances you wouldn't see that situation; however, the have all this extra crap added in - tals, yphs, equipment merge system, gear slots - most of which you cannot obtain all until you hit level 70. And so because of that I can see a level 70 SC +9 doing more damage than a +3 HO who is lower in level, but only because of those extra things.

The developers for this game are really so stupid. Nvm that EME/BHS won't make it easier for both PvE and PvP players to obtain gold AND silver talents. The way I see it once this patch hits it won't matter since the game will inevitably become worse. NA's population is already on the fringe as it is, I'd hate to see how it'll be in the next coming months.
  • ZoknahalZoknahal ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fear Not.

EME is aware of the growing issue of the gold talent shortage, and they delivered as always!

Right now, available for only 2 DOLLARS through the Featured items! Get as many gold and silver talents as you want from the Lustrous Federation Crate! With a chance at already made Plates!

We know EU has this things basically for free, but by paying 2 dollars, you skip the grind! isnt that great?

Go get em now!

(for all of you who didnt got it, i am being sarcastic)
  • RichtterRichtter ✭✭
    edited February 8
    @toofaceddiva and @TYoung11 you still can do it with alts. Actually I have 2 alts for IoD only and I'm farming around 100k/day.

My real issue is by farming diamonds than golden talents.

"Games should be fun and encourage people to play, not force them to make a decision between boring drudgery to progress or actually enjoying their time online."

Korean/Chinese MMOS gives you 2 choices to stay competitive:
    1 - Invest your time.
    2 - Invest your money.
    Casual players enjoy the game by doing differents things other than being TOP dps, get the BiS gear, being rich in game etc.
  • LaemieLaemie ✭✭✭
    edited February 8
    @toofaceddiva and @TYoung11 you still can do it with alts. Actually I have 2 alts for IoD only and I'm farming around 100k/day.

So you dont do Guardian Missions on all your alts? Thats a shame, with 10 chars you would get more than 10 diamonds a day! :D
    Make it 20 chars for 20+ diamonds! Make another 200k in 1 day! * -*

People have the point when they said they didnt want to do mind numbing contents all day everyday for little to no gold talent. I can finish 16 VGs in 20 mins still it bores me out of my mind after 10 mins. I have guided alot of newbies in my Guild (Fresh new to Tera before they reach level 65) and they played way less when they got to the point they needed gold talents and i told them they needed to do IOD and it M U S T be L O W tier, their active time slowly went down and eventually they stopped playing. :D
  • AluhAluh ✭✭
    100k doing iod with 2 characters , ye my [filtered] u do 100k
  • Laemie wrote: »

So you dont do Guardian Missions on all your alts? Thats a shame, with 10 chars you would get more than 10 diamonds a day! :D
    Make it 20 chars for 20+ diamonds! Make another 200k in 1 day! * -*

People have the point when they said they didnt want to do mind numbing contents all day everyday for little to no gold talent. I can finish 16 VGs in 20 mins still it bores me out of my mind after 10 mins. I have guided alot of newbies in my Guild (Fresh new to Tera before they reach level 65) and they played way less when they got to the point they needed gold talents and i told them they needed to do IOD and it M U S T be L O W tier, their active time slowly went down and eventually they stopped playing. :D

I'm fine with 3 chars and I still have plenty of time to enjoy RL and work.
    I don't do guaridan missions because I value my time and you can get alot more from gathering and broker. Waste around 40 minutes to make 10k isn't an efficient way to make money when you value your time. Farming mats is just like have a work so you "do mind numbing contents all day everyday" and if you are not happy with it, you must work more to get more. If you don't want to spend your time or money to stay competitive, you must stay as casual and if casual isn't enough to you and you don't want to spend money or time, you must ask yourself why you play mmos.

When you know how to manage things, you never run out of resources. You still can gamble in talent strongboxes if you are too hurry.

Lazyness will kill you guys