EU TERA Listened to Players

2

Comments

  • kubitoidkubitoid ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wrong post.

    My apologies.
  • They never listened their players, any of you read their rules.
    "We open the server until level 70 patch hits.
    Then every created character can be transfered to our main servers for money$$$.
    Pd in the temporaly new classic server you must buy all from zero, mounts, elite, innerwears. Gold. Alkahest etc etc. $$$$$$$"

    Is a holy money cash grab.
  • EllexemEllexem ✭✭✭
    Gatokatzen wrote: »
    They never listened their players, any of you read their rules.

    Apparently more closely than you, given what you're saying.

    They give out a free transfer if you have a character hit level 60.

    They are making a server transfer voucher that can be transferred to others, so you don't even need to buy it with their cash currency yourself. (Though they've also apparently messed up their character slots right now, so that you can only get those for the cash currency and can no longer trade for them, but it wouldn't be TERA without the publishers pulling stupid moves like that.)

    There is supposed to be a conversion table where they exchange the gear reached on the classic server for relevant stuff on the patch 80 server, though that hasn't yet been provided.

    Tera Club (their version of Elite) is account based and applies on all servers. So if yo have it already then it's on the classic server as well. Where are you getting this idea that it's separate?

    The gear exchange also means that even if you do spend cash for things like Alks then you're still potentially getting something out of the whole thing. About the only sunk cost is character slots, since those don't transfer at all.

    All of the inners of the patch are available in the goldfinger tokens.

    And I seriously don't get why you list gold as something that you don't have on such a server and have to be acquired again. How is that at all different from starting on any new server? Or even the mounts...

    https://en.tera.gameforge.com/news/detail/patch-notes-27-the-classic-server
    https://en.tera.gameforge.com/classic


    I mean, if you want to be all, "They didn't listen" then at least base it on things like how this version is unlikely to recapture the old feeling. How most of the classes will play very differently, how the crystals will be more of a pain, how the BAMs won't recapture this feeling of yesteryear, or anything else like that.
  • Why open a classic server if you cannot win money?, lol nothing on this life is free. Don’t believe company promotions so easy.
  • CornishRexCornishRex ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gatokatzen wrote: »
    Why open a classic server if you cannot win money?, lol nothing on this life is free. Don’t believe company promotions so easy.

    It's an event server just like Manahan was. To sum it up you could play on manahan with insane enchant rates and get your char in sc easily and buy super cheap designs (they cut the costs heavily on manahan) to make it easier to craft stuff etc. On the classic server you can transfer one character back for free, if you reach lvl 60 you get a fee char slot and bank slot on your home server, tons of rewards for different achievements etc. GF may be money grabbing from time to time, but they make sure to make up for it with great events which in turns makes people spend more. Just read https://en.tera.gameforge.com/news/detail/patch-notes-27-the-classic-server and https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1CGx9iSARdswc45I_1UZo40qSf9NtH-fdDxQfDj_QNNg/edit#gid=1376159979 and you'll see all the nice stuff people will be getting from it.
    You'll be able to farm mwa from endgame content btw, it will drop in all dungeons in increased rates. The only thing gf hasn't been clear about yet was spellbind but everything else seems pretty great. Increased drop rates, increased masterwork and enchant rates etc.
  • CornishRex wrote: »
    Gatokatzen wrote: »
    Why open a classic server if you cannot win money?, lol nothing on this life is free. Don’t believe company promotions so easy.

    It's an event server just like Manahan was. To sum it up you could play on manahan with insane enchant rates and get your char in sc easily and buy super cheap designs (they cut the costs heavily on manahan) to make it easier to craft stuff etc. On the classic server you can transfer one character back for free, if you reach lvl 60 you get a fee char slot and bank slot on your home server, tons of rewards for different achievements etc. GF may be money grabbing from time to time, but they make sure to make up for it with great events which in turns makes people spend more. Just read https://en.tera.gameforge.com/news/detail/patch-notes-27-the-classic-server and https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1CGx9iSARdswc45I_1UZo40qSf9NtH-fdDxQfDj_QNNg/edit#gid=1376159979 and you'll see all the nice stuff people will be getting from it.
    You'll be able to farm mwa from endgame content btw, it will drop in all dungeons in increased rates. The only thing gf hasn't been clear about yet was spellbind but everything else seems pretty great. Increased drop rates, increased masterwork and enchant rates etc.

    You re talking about events is obviously Tera EU is far better now , we get sad coins evey week. And people feeling sad about it. But is forbidden to attack events. That’s depend of every owner, their rules their game.

    The point is when people going to claim those items back to original server, is when EU going to demand a lot of cash for extra transfers.
  • Gatokatzen wrote: »
    They never listened their players, any of you read their rules.
    "We open the server until level 70 patch hits.
    Then every created character can be transfered to our main servers for money$$$.
    Pd in the temporaly new classic server you must buy all from zero, mounts, elite, innerwears. Gold. Alkahest etc etc. $$$$$$$"

    Is a holy money cash grab.

    They are letting people Transfer 1 character from the server for free. How is that out for Money? Also, pretty sure Innerwears weren't a thing until level 65 was a thing.
  • thats EU events, we cannot focus on that. Gameforge is another company, they know how to get money from temporaly server.
  • tisnotmetisnotme ✭✭✭✭
    Gatokatzen wrote: »
    thats EU events, we cannot focus on that. Gameforge is another company, they know how to get money from temporaly server.

    but this whole thread it about EU Gameforge Tera and its classic server as the title says !
    not about your hypothetical statements on something that hasn't even been stated as happening here on NA , so far they have said it isn't going to happen
    so as others have said "don't know where your getting your info from !!!" as your all over the place then repute anything that is fact that you don't like as a rebuttal
  • iLuckyiLucky ✭✭✭
    I've said this in a few times in the EME discord, but its not possible currently to have these separate stand alone servers on NA. So basically NA wont get classic server (least in any near future).
  • > @tisnotme said:
    > Gatokatzen wrote: »
    >
    > thats EU events, we cannot focus on that. Gameforge is another company, they know how to get money from temporaly server.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > but this whole thread it about EU Gameforge Tera and its classic server as the title says !
    > not about your hypothetical statements on something that hasn't even been stated as happening here on NA , so far they have said it isn't going to happen
    > so as others have said "don't know where your getting your info from !!!" as your all over the place then repute anything that is fact that you don't like as a rebuttal

    NA is good , EU is doing their bussiness. Might NA is more healthy than Tera EU, seems they need desesperate events to keep people playing, But NA is doing well. You can find a party for any at every hour of day, except pvp,for toxic community.

    Even super PVE hardcores create their own guilds.

    Be honest a classic server, that going to be the same patch forever. Worths? Yeah for milking money.

    But for keep people playing, when
    Actual people get bored in seconds. Mmmm.

    Actual game is far bettter even with super grinding.
  • EU Tera did not listened fans. They did everything opposite.
    - PvE server while should be PvP,
    - VM3 update while should be 58 lvl patch or in worst scenario patch where EU and NA was released in 2012,
    - 6 weeks, while should be permanent,
    - 200% exp and other idiotics modiffications.
  • iLucky wrote: »
    I've said this in a few times in the EME discord, but its not possible currently to have these separate stand alone servers on NA. So basically NA wont get classic server (least in any near future).

    Only that's kind of a lie isn't it? I am new to Tera but I did my research and saw back before Valk released that NA Did have a stand-alone server. it was a giant event server from what I saw and it looked like it'd be fun but of course, that was when Spacecats was still a GM
  • SageWinduSageWindu High Seat of the Jedi Council ✭✭✭✭
    iLucky wrote: »
    I've said this in a few times in the EME discord, but its not possible currently to have these separate stand alone servers on NA. So basically NA wont get classic server (least in any near future).

    Only that's kind of a lie isn't it? I am new to Tera but I did my research and saw back before Valk released that NA Did have a stand-alone server. it was a giant event server from what I saw and it looked like it'd be fun but of course, that was when Spacecats was still a GM

    If you're referencing what I think you are, that would be Wonderholme, which was a temp server designed for load testing or something.

    It was nice while it lasted. Increased leveling XP, high-grade inners and weapon skins as boss drops(!)... oh, and there was that one time Spacecats summoned like 35 copies of Vergos on Velika. That was fun to watch.
  • edited February 10
    iLucky wrote: »
    I've said this in a few times in the EME discord, but its not possible currently to have these separate stand alone servers on NA. So basically NA wont get classic server (least in any near future).

    Only that's kind of a lie isn't it? I am new to Tera but I did my research and saw back before Valk released that NA Did have a stand-alone server. it was a giant event server from what I saw and it looked like it'd be fun but of course, that was when Spacecats was still a GM

    Problem is having a different server on a different patch version, which can't currently be handled by the current launcher. Wonderholme server and the past event servers (e.g. PvP event servers) didn't have this issue.

    EME has said that the new EME launcher has (or will have) the capability of having test servers on a different patch version, and they are planning to move TERA PC to that new launcher (there's a placeholder in the launcher there now). Once that is done, they seem to believe they will have the technical capability to do this. Whether everyone wants it and how to time it would be the next issue.
Sign In or Register to comment.