[PS4/XB1] Maintenance is now complete.
[PC] Maintenance is now complete. Log in and have fun!

Golden talent issue suggestion

To our community manager @KitTeaCup and those that maintain Tera PC my suggestion for the current issue with golden talents and silver talents is this. Using a current in game box the enchantment chest the one that gives golden talent and silver first you all need to change the loot to give a fixed sum of talent i say from 75-200 golden talents same for silver talents so at random you either get 75, 125, 150, 175, or 200 golden or silver. Fixed sum not the current one talent that the chest gives.

How do you implement this by using the vanguard system you get one per dungeon clear now to make things balanced it will only be available to item level dungeons 431 and up.

Benefits of this change I see more people running stuff to get the chest for the talents.

If this is too broken cause you run 16 dungeons that's 16 chest and if you get 75 from each that's 1.2k talents if you get only golden talents from the chest. that may be a bit broken you can decrease the amounts like say 15, 25, 50, 100. it's up to you all.

Another way to implement this is using the dungeon delver coins add the chest to the shop for 5 coins for one and add the coins to the vanguard permanently. so every time you clear a dungeon you get a random amount of coins like 1-5 coins.

Forum members if you have any ideas to fine tune this so that our CM and run with it feel free comment.

Comments

• that's a pretty solid suggestion but like every other golden talent/silver talent issue related topic this will go unnoticed.
  • TJKatTJKat ✭✭✭
    Honestly, why not just add the Brilliant Enchanting Box from low-tier IoD BAMs to EVERY vanguard? It wouldn't help with silver talents, but at least it would let us get golden talents from relevant content.
  • tisnotmetisnotme ✭✭✭✭
    Honestly why not just decrease the enchantment rates on EQ then and them no one would need more nor would there be higher prices for them in broker
  • ZoknahalZoknahal ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 11
    There is already a talent box, named Locked Talent Strongbox. Creating another box of talents is not smart when there is one already. The only problem, is that is a Strongbox! And all types of Strongboxes, require a Strongbox Key to open them.

Where do we get the Strongbox key? there are 3 places where to get them. The first one is ofc, the Cash Shop, the 2nd one is the TERA rewards Emporium, and the 3rd one is the broker.

Now here is the thing, no matter where you choose to get those keys from, you still have to spend money, In a direct way, by using the cash shop, a more indirect way, by using credits from the emporium, and an even more indirect way by buying them from the broker.

The last 2 options pose another problem: Using the reward credits for the emporium, is not very likely, because all tiers bellow Tier 10, get a VERY SMALL amount of free credits. Tier 10 users can get up to 260 daily credits, which is enough to get some keys at the end of the week, but tiers bellow that, wont get anything at all until months of farming. And how do you get more credits? by using EMP.

Broker? yeah, you dont spend any money to get your keys, but still, SOMEONE got those keys from either the shop or the emporium, meaning, real money was once again, involved into the acquisition of the keys.

No matter where you see it, real money has to be used, to open an in game item that drops like candy.

The solution? Add a way to get Strongbox keys IN GAME. There used to be one way to get keys, and that was by playing CS and winning, turning the daily quest, and get the now gone Sea Chest, which used to give a strongbox key guaranteed plus some other loot.
    Adding the strongbox keys back into the game, would be a major problem solving for the talent issue.

But i guess, it goes against EME sales, so while is an option, unfortunately for EME, it isnt.
  • MelyodisMelyodis ✭✭✭
    Zoknahal wrote: »
    There is already a talent box, named Locked Talent Strongbox. Creating another box of talents is not smart when there is one already. The only problem, is that is a Strongbox! And all types of Strongboxes, require a Strongbox Key to open them.

Where do we get the Strongbox key? there are 3 places where to get them. The first one is ofc, the Cash Shop, the 2nd one is the TERA rewards Emporium, and the 3rd one is the broker.

Now here is the thing, no matter where you choose to get those keys from, you still have to spend money, In a direct way, by using the cash shop, a more indirect way, by using credits from the emporium, and an even more indirect way by buying them from the broker.

The last 2 options pose another problem: Using the reward credits for the emporium, is not very likely, because all tiers bellow Tier 10, get a VERY SMALL amount of free credits. Tier 10 users can get up to 260 daily credits, which is enough to get some keys at the end of the week, but tiers bellow that, wont get anything at all until months of farming. And how do you get more credits? by using EMP.

Broker? yeah, you dont spend any money to get your keys, but still, SOMEONE got those keys from either the shop or the emporium, meaning, real money was once again, involved into the acquisition of the keys.

No matter where you see it, real money has to be used, to open an in game item that drops like candy.

The solution? Add a way to get Strongbox keys IN GAME. There used to be one way to get keys, and that was by playing CS and winning, turning the daily quest, and get the now gone Sea Chest, which used to give a strongbox key guaranteed plus some other loot.
    Adding the strongbox keys back into the game, would be a major problem solving for the talent issue.

But i guess, it goes against EME sales, so while is an option, unfortunately for EME, it isnt.

I mentioned using a chest that's already in the game not making a new one, they just have to make adjustments to it.
  • XandervbXandervb ✭✭✭
    You know there is a huge problem when most universal and commonly needed gear upgrading material can be obtained exclusively through a single mind-numbing, low-tier activity. I guess the idea here was to give newbies an item to farm that is desired by veterans, so new players can make a relatively good money in a short period of time. The issue here is that:
    1) golden talents are as throttling for the new players as they are for veterans; which means as long as you sell talents you will be forever trapped in low-tier IoD
    2) the number of newbies willing to make a quick buck is not nearly enough to supply veteran's demand; which means even veterans are better off mashing low-tier content than getting gold from more entertaining content and actually buying talents

We had similar issue a long time ago with the introduction of VM7 patch - feedstock was one of the basic enchanting mats at that time and drop rates became way too scarce to supply the demand. So EME simply added a number of feedstock for finishing every boss/dungeon (as like 3-month event) and the issue was resolved within days. Then another material throttled the enchanting process (alkahest), but that one dropped basically everywhere and was fair to get. Not easy, but fair.
  • kubitoidkubitoid ✭✭✭✭✭
    Melyodis wrote: »
    To our community manager @KitTeaCup and those that maintain Tera PC my suggestion ...
    they are just maintenance crew now. what do you want from them
  • Ray676Ray676 ✭✭✭
    we don't have a community manager anymore
  • tisnotmetisnotme ✭✭✭✭
    > @Ray676 said:
    > we don't have a community manager anymore

Isn't KTC now a moderator instead ?
  • edited February 12
    The issue has never been coming up with a variety of different ways this problem can be "solved." The issue is that EME made a strategic decision to not interfere with BHS's intended progression pacing. Basically, unless BHS changes it, or unless BHS tells them to change it, they won't. EME more-or-less decided that this is BHS's job to manage. Whatever events EME runs are designed to not significantly interfere with the pace of progression as implemented by BHS in whatever build they receive.

Obviously, the whole point is that players want them to interfere with said pacing, and many many people have suggested/requested/pleaded for this. As of yet, their decision stands. I'm not saying to stop asking, but just saying the issue is not a lack of ideas of what to do, but a lack of willingness to override what BHS chose to do. The best thing is probably continuing to articulate the problem, rather than proposing solutions.
  • MelyodisMelyodis ✭✭✭
    The issue has never been coming up with a variety of different ways this problem can be "solved." The issue is that EME made a strategic decision to not interfere with BHS's intended progression pacing. Basically, unless BHS changes it, or unless BHS tells them to change it, they won't. EME more-or-less decided that this is BHS's job to manage. Whatever events EME runs are designed to not significantly interfere with the pace of progression as implemented by BHS in whatever build they receive.

Obviously, the whole point is that players want them to interfere with said pacing, and many many people have suggested/requested/pleaded for this. As of yet, their decision stands. I'm not saying to stop asking, but just saying the issue is not a lack of ideas of what to do, but a lack of willingness to override what BHS chose to do. The best thing is probably continuing to articulate the problem, rather than proposing solutions.

I understand now so i guess those that hurry to enchant need chill so they won't get bored. Even so players will still get bored lol well i just think bhs want us to farm farm farm. But thank you counterpoint for clearing the air on this.
  • All of you forgot something important, Tera is try for free, not free to play now.
    Their money to keep servers running, comes from the sales of materials to progress faster.
    Thats golden, silver talents, gems, ep boosters, item xp , soon potion refills points, partner points skill polished ep. And more.

Its free try for Stormcry+5 beyond that they expect you spend real money on the game.
    Thats why guardian gear low tier, twishard mid tier , stormcry high gear, max tier heroic only a pay feature.

Is not only costumes sales anymore. This is a mobile pay system game now.
  • TJKatTJKat ✭✭✭
    EME made a strategic decision to not interfere with BHS's intended progression pacing make the game as little fun to play as possible.

I fixed that for you. You're welcome.
  • MelyodisMelyodis ✭✭✭
    Gatokatzen wrote: »
    All of you forgot something important, Tera is try for free, not free to play now.
    Their money to keep servers running, comes from the sales of materials to progress faster.
    Thats golden, silver talents, gems, ep boosters, item xp , soon potion refills points, partner points skill polished ep. And more.

Its free try for Stormcry+5 beyond that they expect you spend real money on the game.
    Thats why guardian gear low tier, twishard mid tier , stormcry high gear, max tier heroic only a pay feature.

Is not only costumes sales anymore. This is a mobile pay system game now.

Took me 2 months without elite to +9 my 3rd stormcry weapon wth you blabing about ive made 4 so far sold 2 making a set now takes time yeah but i did it with spending real cash what, you can reach +9 stormcry without elite without swiping so whats your no has the patients anymore they want +9 storm in a day well go swipe. IF you work hard the same way in real life you will get results but it will take time.

you talk like the game so hard.
  • You are missing the point. In purpose or not cant say.

But what the guy is pointing out is the economic model BHS/EME are pushing now, where for all intents and purposes you are stronghanded to spend cash on game progression. Werther you think the game is easy or hard is of no consequence. Also, remember that no company aims their games in this day and age towards hardcore players that can sit comfortably on the highest peak of a game's difficulty, but the casual player.

If you take that into consideration is plain obvious why the talent issue has been left hanging out for so long without any manner to ease the approach to progression, and considering what's coming and how, it fits. For many players, reaching SC+0 and enjoy 439s is enough.

Is that the correct way of doing thing? I don't know, but BHS/EME do need money one way or another, and our personal feelings are not accounted in the equation.