[TERA Console] We will enter maintenance on 05/26 (Tue) at 7:00 p.m. PT, and have an expected downtime of 3 hours. For details, please visit the following thread: http://bit.ly/teraconsolemaintenance
[TERA PC] We confirmed that an issue with Civil Unrest persists, so Civil Unrest will remain disabled until further notice. Thank you for understanding.

Returning Questions

I'm sure some of you remember me, others probably not. I'm just wondering the status of classes. I want to main one of four main classes:

1. Reaper
2. Slayer
3. Valkyrie
4. Ninja

If possible I'd like the pros/cons of these classes and how relevant they are in PvE & PvP and which one you'd choose.

Also, I've seen Elin take every locked class and was wondering if Elin Valkyrie was going to be a thing.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Moroku my love come pk me in VO
  • 1 Reaper after apex good for PVE , extremely good for PVP with apex its game ove

2 ) Slayer trash for PVE as always since were created. For PVP epic good. Another game over 1vs1.

3)Valkyrie semi good for PVE cause was nerfed.
    Good for PVP but not at all, can be beaten easy.

4)Ninja OP for PVP and PVE best class in game as usually cause is elin only

Of course any elin class is op just for fanservice.
  • Vy1ViviVy1Vivi ✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    Gatokatzen wrote: »
    1 Reaper after apex good for PVE , extremely good for PVP with apex its game ove

2 ) Slayer trash for PVE as always since were created. For PVP epic good. Another game over 1vs1.

3)Valkyrie semi good for PVE cause was nerfed.
    Good for PVP but not at all, can be beaten easy.

4)Ninja OP for PVP and PVE best class in game as usually cause is elin only

Of course any elin class is op just for fanservice.

Actually right now the top classes for PvE are gunner > archer > ninja and then there are other good classes too like warrior and sorcerer if they're skilled can do great damage in pve. As of right now gunners and archers can easily out dps ninjas. And you saying ninja is best class in game is just your opinion, so please make that clearer (: Race isn't really relative to class quality, and not everyone even likes elins. There are players like myself that hate them.
    Moroku wrote: »
    I'm sure some of you remember me, others probably not. I'm just wondering the status of classes. I want to main one of four main classes:

1. Reaper
    2. Slayer
    3. Valkyrie
    4. Ninja

If possible I'd like the pros/cons of these classes and how relevant they are in PvE & PvP and which one you'd choose.

Also, I've seen Elin take every locked class and was wondering if Elin Valkyrie was going to be a thing.

Thanks in advance.

As for PvP the classes I listed are all strong in it. I'll comment specifically on the ones OP mentioned:

Reaper - Okay in PvE and strong in PvP because of CCs.
    Slayer - weak in PvE at the moment (though I have seen skilled slayers do decent damage), strong in PvP though due to mobility, CCs, and apex
    Valkyrie - weak in PvE (but again, skilled players can do decent damage), not as strong in PvP anymore
    Ninja - strong in PvE and really easy to play since 99% of their damage comes from their apex, relatively strong in pvp if you know what you're doing.

I haven't gotten word about elin valkyrie. But I do know that they're working on other races for brawler.
  • As always, pick whichever class you like. If you git gud with one, you’ll do well with it. If all you want is to be top dps or w/e, you’re going to be changing class every 3-6 months because of balance changes.

It’s the same as ever. Play what you want because a skilled player on a “bad” class will do better than someone just picking up the current top class.
  • From a pve perspective, people seem to struggle with performing on reaper/slayer in general, so I would avoid those if you want to reach reach closer to proficiency more quickly. Valk or ninja is probably your best bet for feasibility (valk has an endurance shred to put on the boss now, and ninja is probably simpler rotation wise). Always important to remember that you can make any class work if you put enough into it, like it, etc.
  • vkobevkobe ✭✭✭✭✭
    popo brawler :3